The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,705

Mass Dispatch 19.0: New GB Rules, Our Newest Moderator 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:06 pm

Mass Dispatch 19.0

In this week's edition of Mass Dispatch.

The Mass Matter focuses on some General NBA Board Appeals Rules and a great week of “Beat The Commish”.

In Ask Howard, Do any famous people an account here and Will my appeal ever be approved?

We then our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

“Inside The Administrator's Office” unveils The Mystery Moderator Candidate and the newest member of The RealGM Moderator Team. There is also some hints about next week's edition.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter............

The Mass Matter: New GB Appeals Rules, “Beat The Commish” Week 9

New General NBA Board Appeals Rule

For the past few weeks, I have been hinting that I was considering tweaking our General NBA Board Appeals Rules.

While I had originally planned for more tighter rules, the improved appeals swayed me towards a not so much tightening of the reigns although that is always subject to change.

This is why the changes are going to be minor and here it is.

If a User submits an appeal that does not follow Mass Dispatch 3.0. and/or is has no chance of being approved by The General NBA Board Moderator Appeals Committee, I will tell the User to re-do it and re-apply in 30 days.

While this might seem like a setback, it actually benefits the User as the appeal would likely have taken The Committee anywhere from 7-30 days (The Committee has 60), rejected and then they would have had to wait 67-90 days to make another one.

This way they can re-apply in 30 days instead of the 67-90 days provided of course they have no violations on other forums.

In the end, the easiest thing to do is read and follow The General NBA Board Rules

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1201431

and for Appeals

Read Mass Dispatch 3.0.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1335827

I hope we have a lot of posts and little violations throughout the season on our General NBA Board. It will make things easier on everyone.

“Beat The Commish” Week 9

It was definitely a great week for in Week 9 of “Beat The Commish” Not only did I go 11-2 but the best thing of all was the amount of Users and Moderators who beat me.

That's

ZERO

No one was able to touch me this week and with two great weeks out of the last 3, I feel my groove coming back.

I still have to update the standings and tabulate if The Users or Moderators won the week but 24 of you tried and all of you failed to “Beat The Commish”.

A few of you did not even show up this week. At least most of The Mass Dispatch Users and Moderators did unlike 2/3 of voters nationwide who did not vote this year and helped my home state of Florida re-elect a crook as Governor.

Enough of that though, the real question this week is if anyone is going to “Beat the Commish” or are you guys going to fail for a second straight week?

It's time to make our Week 10 Picks.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1352981

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column. 

bish Asks: Do you know of any famous people that have an account for RealGM?

Howard's Response: Interesting question.

I know of no famous people with an account although I know for a fact that people around The NBA at the very least read our Forums.

One NBA Beat Writer has their own thread on a Forum and years ago, I got interviewed for a Front Page Story in The Orlando Sentinel.

People read our forums. There is no question about it but unfortunately even if someone famous did have an account, they probably would not admit it as no one would probably believe them.

Because of privacy reasons, I couldn't tell you anyway if there was anyone famous on our Forums but rest assured, people do read our Forums.

An Angry User Whose GB Appeal Was Turned Down Asks: Why was my appeal rejected? I did everything that was recommended in Mass Dispatch 3.0, I have not had any violations in months and it seems like The Committee is never going to approve my appeal.

Howard's Response: First off, let me just say that Mass Dispatch 3.0. is the perfect guide to any appeal

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1335827

However, Even if a User follows it to a “T”, The Committee is not going to automatically vote to lift the User's Read-Only Access Status.

They take a lot of factors into account from their comment file, interaction with other Moderators, conduct on other forums, feeling if the User will re-offend, etc.

Everything is a case by case basis and it does take multiple appeals sometimes for a User's Read-Only Access Status to be lifted.

My advice would be to follow Mass Dispatch 3.0. with every appeal and not get discouraged if your appeal gets turned down. It's taken some Users multiple solid appeals and even if The Committee gives me a strong “No” to start, good appeals and conduct on other forums eventually get them to come around in some cases

I am sure this will not be the last question about this matter and please keep them coming.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It is time for our Weekly Awards. If you would like to nominate a User, Thread or Moderator for an Award, just make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM.

Mass Dispatch User(s) of The Week

Our New Dallas Cowboys Users

I wanted to give this out to an individual User this week but like the influx of San Francisco 49ers Users we had a few months ago, we now have some Dallas Cowboys Fans that migrated from another forum.

I love seeing forum growth and one of The Users actually contacted us this weekend via E-Mail about a thread they used to have on their forum. I'm waiting for them to get back to me so the final details for the thread can be ironed out.

It was a good E-Mail conversation and look forward to interacting with our new Cowboys Users that have given us yet another strong NFL Fanbase.

Welcome and Congratulations to our New Dallas Cowboys Users!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The Minnesota TimberWolves Forum's “Confirmed: Rubio Agrees Tio 4Y/56 Million Extension” Thread

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1352367

A round of 3rd year NBA Players recently signed extensions. The one extension that had the most discussion and maybe controversy was TimberWolves guard Ricky Rubio's.

When he was drafted, I thought he'd be a star and while he has shown some flashes, his shooting needs some work and this thread has a solid discussion about if The TimberWolves overpaid.

It's a good discussion about a hot topic and definitely worth browsing through.

Congratulations To Our Minnesota TimberWolves Forum!

Mass Dispatch Moderator Of The Week!

L.A. Clippers Moderator mkwest

For the past couple of seasons, our Los Angeles Clippers Forum has steadily grown and one of the big reasons for that has been mkwest.

He has been a Moderator on the forum for quite a few years. This summer he took a leave from the forum and am happy to have him back now as his leadership is a huge asset to the forum.

Not only is mkwest our Mass Dispatch User of The Week but effective immediately for his many years of leadership on the Forum, he is now a Senior Moderator on our Los Angeles Clippers Forum.

Congratulations to our Moderator of The Week Los Angeles Clippers Senior Moderator mkwest!

“Inside The Administrator's Office”

Last week, I had planned to reveal who The Mystery Moderator Candidate was that had been mentioned in the previous two editions of “Inside The Administrator's Office”.

Unfortunately, my best buddy Poopsie passed away and felt it was appropriate to dedicate this section to the only living being who had ever truly been inside my office.

I want to everyone who sent me their condolences. They really meant a lot to me. I've been holding up well.

Life does go on though and it is time The Mystery is solved and to introduce everyone to the newest member of The RealGM Moderator Team.

Earlier this year, a User by the name of Klo42ve caught my eye during a Moderator Search on our NBA Trades and Transactions Forum. The fact that he had only been on RealGM three months led to me going in a different direction but he definitely by eye with what I look for in a Moderator.

Months later The User contacted me about getting an exception to change his User name as he had been here less than a year.

I granted the request and told them I did it for their good contributions to the forum or something like that. The move was done to make them feel appreciated without tipping them off that they were on my radar.

After a question was asked by a User, I decided to have a little fun and see if this User would be able to figure everything out.

The first week, they did not and after I dropped another hint in the following week's edition, they Pmed me within one hour and asked if it was them and my little Mystery was solved.

That User now goes by Hopping4Wiggins and they are the new Moderator of our Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Wild Forums.

Note: He will remain on The “Beat The Commish” Users Team for the rest of the season because that is where he started.

Next week, I am going to discuss some other Users (no names but hints) that are on my Moderator Prospects List.

For now, please join me in congratulating the newest member of The RealGM Moderator Team.....

Hopping4Wiggins

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Re: Mass Dispatch 19.0: New GB Rules, Our Newest Moderator 

Post#2 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:16 pm

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww political talk on mass dispatch, take it to the current affairs board pal
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,872

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:18 pm

Congrats Klove and mkwest.

And welcome indeed to the Cowboys fans. As the Mod of that forum--and for a long while--only poster on it, its been really nice to have some Cowboy talk on here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#4 » by C.lupus » Thu Nov 6, 2014 10:23 pm

Congrats HoppingKLo42ve4Wiggins! And everyone else, too.
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 545

Post#5 » by Ralnor » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:58 am

Congrats to the Timberwolves Forum with the Rubio thread.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#6 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Nov 7, 2014 4:07 am

Congrats klo42e (now Hopping4Wiggins)!! Always nice to see one of the regulars from the T&T Games thread rewarded with "Moderator Status". You deserve it man!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,216

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 7, 2014 5:25 am

Congrats Hopping4Wiggins (I just realized yesterday that was klo42e!) and mkwest. A ton of respect for the Clips as he and their fans were totally classy during the playoffs last year!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
magic22s
Junior
And1: 117

Post#8 » by magic22s » Sat Nov 8, 2014 3:49 am

Congrats Hopping4Wiggins and mkwest.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#9 » by mkwest » Sat Nov 8, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks for the kind words Howard. Also, my condolences to you for your loss :(

Hopping4Wiggins, congratulations and welcome to the team!
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#10 » by roc » Sun Nov 9, 2014 7:24 am

congrats h4w! :clap:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » by Howard Mass » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 am

Skaterdude: I'm ticked so many people stayed at home and re-elected the piece of garbage who runs my state. I wanted to point out how very little people voted.

Congratulations to everyone.

Either on Wednesday or Thursday, I will be introducing another new Moderator who has been mentioned in a past installment of Mass Dispatch.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#12 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:18 am

I will be new mod, sorry to ruin the suspense
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,584

Post#13 » by hermes » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:49 am

congrats
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#14 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 am

thanks hermes i will be sure to rule with an iron fist of justice
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,041

Post#15 » by Sofia » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:28 am

Tell us more of your iron fist, skates.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#16 » by Howard Mass » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:48 am

It will not be Skaterdude.

RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#17 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:17 pm

wow spoiler alert there howie
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,816

Post#18 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:22 am

Howard Mass wrote:It will not be Skaterdude.

Smoke screen

Return to Mass Dispatch