Orlando City SC Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,282

Re: Re: 

Post#61 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:35 am

LittleOzzy wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:OCSC management is top notch. Best ownership i ever seen so far.

How well do you think OCSC will do this season?

I think they should try and take a run at the US Open Cup as their first MLS season may end up being too much for them.

Getting into Champions League in their first MLS season would be an amazing result for them.

Its hard to say because there is a lot of youth and who knows how the chemistry will work out. The youth is talented but still youth. We do have some vets which helps. I think we will def compete all season. I can see us making the playoffs quite easily actually as the talent is there. Just have to see how the chemistry develops.
aka: prorl
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,269

Re: Official Orlando City SC Thread 

Post#62 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:16 pm

Why does the MLS have such a weird schedule? I wish they would match the rest of the world. I'm sure it's due to the football season, but it is still awkward to start the season in March
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#63 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:42 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:Why does the MLS have such a weird schedule? I wish they would match the rest of the world. I'm sure it's due to the football season, but it is still awkward to start the season in March

It snows in North America. Games wouldn't be able to be played in Toronto, Montreal, New England, New York, Philly, D.C. and so on...

No way around that.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#64 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:Why does the MLS have such a weird schedule? I wish they would match the rest of the world. I'm sure it's due to the football season, but it is still awkward to start the season in March

It snows in North America. Games wouldn't be able to be played in Toronto, Montreal, New England, New York, Philly, D.C. and so on...

No way around that.

Didn't think about that. That explains it.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:47 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TotalMLS/status/566322557234597889[/tweet]

Looks like they will easily reach 60,000.
in-limbo
Sixth Man
And1: 362

Post#66 » by in-limbo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:27 am

I got my season ticket package yesterday and it's pure class. OCSC is just killing it as usual. I can't wait to see the turn out at the opener, it's going to be epic. With 21,000 we had that place rockin, with 60 it could get scary in there.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#67 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:41 am

Single game tickets out yet?

By the way, U.S will be hosting the 100th edition of Copa America in 2016. Any chance we get to host some games in our brand new stadium?
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:50 am

J-Mezzy wrote:Single game tickets out yet?

By the way, U.S will be hosting the 100th edition of Copa America in 2016. Any chance we get to host some games in our brand new stadium?

I think single game tickets went on sale last Saturday.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#69 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:04 am

Thank you. Got 3 tickets.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,708

Post#70 » by Howard Mass » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:55 am

I am seeing a lot of Orlando City Soccer Bumper Stickers in Seminole County.

Soccer fever is here in Orlando.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#71 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:28 pm

I see the purple jerseys and jackets everywhere, even at the gym.

Howard, do you anything about us hosting any Copa America games next June? That would be beyond awesome.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Orlando City SC Discussion Thread 

Post#72 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Orlando City SC's Brek Shea embracing move to left back: "I am definitely enjoying the position"

Brek Shea insists he is reveling in his newfound role of left back for both the US national team and Orlando City SC.

The former Stoke City wide man has played much of his career on the left wing and suddenly finds himself in a more defensive role for the first time since his early days with FC Dallas.

But after getting his first pre-season start for City in their 2-2 draw with Sweden’s BK Håcken on Friday, Shea said he is delighted at the switch.

“I am definitely enjoying the position,” he said. “It is not new and yet it is at the same time. Obviously it’s my first time on the field with the guys and I still have to learn their tendencies but I think it was good and I really enjoy the way coach Adrian Heath wants the team to play.”

The 24-year-old was tabbed for his new role by Jurgen Klinsmann for recent US games against Chile and Panama, and is firmly penciled in for the same position with the Lions.

“I had several conversations with Jurgen about what he wanted me to do, although I don’t know what he has in mind in future,” Shea added. “But I feel it’s what I’m here to do—get forward and use my attacking ability as well as in the defensive role.”

Orlando assistant coach Mark Watson was pleased with what he saw of Shea in almost an hour of action against Håcken.

“It was really positive,” he said. “It is still early in terms of fitness and learning the position, but he has good instincts and good qualities going forward, as well as good defensive instincts.”

Shea especially enjoyed his first experience alongside Brazilian ace Kaka, who will clearly be the midfield lynchpin for the Lions’ debut season.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... y-enjoying
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,282

Re: Re: Official Orlando City SC Thread 

Post#73 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 pm

in-limbo wrote:I got my season ticket package yesterday and it's pure class. OCSC is just killing it as usual. I can't wait to see the turn out at the opener, it's going to be epic. With 21,000 we had that place rockin, with 60 it could get scary in there.

The Magic have alot to learn from OC. Everything they do is right on point. Everything they promise they deliver and more.

That game was epic. The crowd was spectacular. And to think it was for a 2nd tier minor league team. Can only imagine how its gonna be with MLS and Kaka. Can you imagine playoffs?
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by in-limbo » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 am

I have been reading up on the CBA and it's not very encouraging. If the players are really willing to strike over free agency I think we aren't going to have a very nice first year. This could be very bad for us and New York but for the league as a whole this is not good timing. At least mediators have been brought in with enough time still to get a deal.

Sadly we have all seen how these things go. The opener is very much in doubt.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 am

in-limbo wrote:I have been reading up on the CBA and it's not very encouraging. If the players are really willing to strike over free agency I think we aren't going to have a very nice first year. This could be very bad for us and New York but for the league as a whole this is not good timing. At least mediators have been brought in with enough time still to get a deal.

Sadly we have all seen how these things go. The opener is very much in doubt.

Sadly I agree. Over the next 3 weeks the players could start talking strike which would delay the whole season.

I still have hope they will get a deal done, but looking at the other major leagues like the NBA and NFL it doesn't often happen without a strike.

I just hope the owners come to an agreement to move the league forward and pay the players more. It doesn't have to be a major increase, but enough to make our league better with more talent.
J-Mezzy
RealGM

Post#76 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

That would really suck, it would put a horrible dent in our plan to open with 60 K
in-limbo
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by in-limbo » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:03 pm

I don't think money issues will be a sticking point but free agency will. I don't know if the league will give them free agency this time around and the players seem committed to it. Just when you think, cooler heads must prevail as there is sooooo much to lose, they will have a prolonged strike. I would like to see a big jump in the minimum wages and save free agency for next time if tv money looks stable. Perhaps players with some tenure could be awarded free agency in the meantime before full league wide free agency is accepted. I don't know, just be ready on the 8th.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 404

Post#78 » by PANDEMONEUM » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm

i really dont want Brek as a FB
i think he fits perfectly as an outside mid / winger

with the struggles hes had in the epl,
now he returns to the MLS,
and we have to change his position ?
like he hasnt gone through enough.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:49 pm

PANDEMONEUM wrote:i really dont want Brek as a FB
i think he fits perfectly as an outside mid / winger

with the struggles hes had in the epl,
now he returns to the MLS,
and we have to change his position ?
like he hasnt gone through enough.

I was thinking the same thing. After his struggles over the last few years, you would think settling back into MLS would work out best at his natural position. We'll see how it works out in Orlando.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Orlando City Surpasses 12,000 Season Tickets Sold for 2015

Less than a four days after announcing that it has sold 40,000 tickets to its home opener on March 8 as part of Operation #FillTheBowl, Orlando City Soccer Club today announced that fewer than 2,000 season tickets remain for its inaugural 2015 Major League Soccer (MLS) campaign. The team will cap season tickets at 14,000 to ease transition for fans from the Orlando Citrus Bowl to City’s new downtown stadium in 2016.

The Club Section along with other sections such as Midfield East are nearing sellout capacity.

Remaining season tickets are available for purchase at www.OrlandoCitySC.com or by calling 855-ORL-CITY. Season Ticket Members enjoy a number of benefits including membership in Society XXI and priority for 2016 season tickets in the new stadium.

“Less than three weeks remain and we are 2,000 season tickets shy of our goal –a remarkable accomplishment by our team and a testament to the growing passion of soccer fans in this great city,” said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. "For those still waiting on the sidelines to purchase their season tickets, I encourage you to act fast before you miss this historic opportunity. We have elected to cap our season tickets in order to deliver the best customer service as we transition to our brand new home in 2016. Don’t miss out!”

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/ ... -sold-2015

Return to Major League Soccer