Re: New York Red Bulls Discussion Thread 

Post#21 » by magik9113 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:22 am

I enjoyed the match...both teams looked pretty good, draw was a fair result
Queequeg
Junior
And1: 335

Post#22 » by Queequeg » Mon Mar 9, 2015 3:19 pm

They played a decent game, got very lucky that SKC did not take advantage of some very makeable opportunities. I liked what I saw from Felipe and from Sasha, Dax looked like he was playing extra hard as the captain now. He gave away a terrible ball in their third that they were lucky they didn't get burned on. BWP needs to find partner to help him out on the field, Grella does nothing for me. I hope Sasha and BWP can form a nice partnership.

Overall, I'm just excited that they are back. I love MLS soccer, it's fun.
"I'd rather be working for a paycheck than waiting to win the lottery"

-Conner Oberst
BeardedGoatee
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#23 » by BeardedGoatee » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:23 pm

Queequeg wrote:They played a decent game, got very lucky that SKC did not take advantage of some very makeable opportunities. I liked what I saw from Felipe and from Sasha, Dax looked like he was playing extra hard as the captain now. He gave away a terrible ball in their third that they were lucky they didn't get burned on. BWP needs to find partner to help him out on the field, Grella does nothing for me. I hope Sasha and BWP can form a nice partnership.

I caught glimpses of the game, but from what I saw, I was not impressed by our back 4. Losing Olave and Sekagya may be crucial this season.
Queequeg
Junior

Post#24 » by Queequeg » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:23 pm

BeardedGoatee wrote:
Queequeg wrote:They played a decent game, got very lucky that SKC did not take advantage of some very makeable opportunities. I liked what I saw from Felipe and from Sasha, Dax looked like he was playing extra hard as the captain now. He gave away a terrible ball in their third that they were lucky they didn't get burned on. BWP needs to find partner to help him out on the field, Grella does nothing for me. I hope Sasha and BWP can form a nice partnership.

I caught glimpses of the game, but from what I saw, I was not impressed by our back 4. Losing Olave and Sekagya may be crucial this season.

Nor was I, you absolutely right that they will be missed. They got away with it (sorta) yesterday, but they won't get away with it often.

-Conner Oberst
BeardedGoatee
Freshman

Post#25 » by BeardedGoatee » Mon Mar 9, 2015 6:19 pm

Queequeg wrote:
BeardedGoatee wrote:

Nor was I, you absolutely right that they will be missed. They got away with it (sorta) yesterday, but they won't get away with it often.

We were very lucky Dwyer didn't connect on his chances in the 87th and 90th minute. I too hope that Sasha and BWP can form some nice chemistry similar to what BWP & Henry had last season. Gonna be hard to replicate a legend.

Originally I would've liked to see Lloyd Sam and BWP form some nice type duo. It's possible. Sam is very offensive minded and he's shown he can create space for his own shot. Hopefully he can break down defenders and look for that cross to find BWP.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#26 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 9, 2015 10:31 pm

Red bulls are dead to me until they change back to the name to NJ.

until then im all fr NYCFC
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#27 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:18 am

New York Red Bulls midfielder Lloyd Sam retooling his game to get in more goal-scoring positions

For a side that has seen big name players moving in and out this offseason, it’s a familiar face that made his presence felt in the very early going.

Since his arrival in the 2012 season, Lloyd Sam has been one of the more dynamic playmakers on the Red Bulls roster. While his bread and butter has been his propensity to attack the flanks with his trademark pace and flare, head coach Jesse Marsch has challenged the Englishman to retool his game and add a different dimension to the New York attack.

“We want him to expand his game and be more than just a guy who stands on the line to play one-on-one,” Marsch stated. “Obviously he’s very good at that so we don’t want to eliminate that from his game, but I think he becomes more multi-dimensional and harder to play against if he can mix up his movements and ideas of how to be dangerous in the attack. “

So far, Sam has responded.

After netting an MLS Goal of the Week contender against Sporting Kansas City on opening weekend, Sam admitted that his new role is a change of style, but a change he welcomes with open arms.

“[I need to start] thinking about scoring rather than being in a situation to create,” Sam said after training. “When someone gets the ball, my first thought last year would be to try getting the ball off him and onto my feet and trying to create. Now I’m trying to get into a position where I’m going to be the one scoring. That’s where the manager wants me. That will benefit everyone if I can get to scoring goals. I’m delighted to score in my first game so hopefully I can get more.”

While the adjustment has reaped its returns in the early going, Sam admits there’s still work to be done. Change, after all, doesn’t happen over night.

“He’s trying to get me more going into goal rather than going down the line to set up crosses. I wouldn’t say that this past game I was in that position enough. We’re trying to work on it to get more opportunities.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2 ... e-goal-sco
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Rivalry game at 5pm.
Queequeg
Junior

Post#29 » by Queequeg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 pm

BWP player of the week.

I was impressed by the passing I saw from him against DC. It seems he is trying to expand his game with Henry gone. I like Felipe in there too. The team looks pretty good.

-Conner Oberst
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Queequeg wrote:BWP player of the week.

I was impressed by the passing I saw from him against DC. It seems he is trying to expand his game with Henry gone. I like Felipe in there too. The team looks pretty good.

You guys better roll right over Columbus tonight.
Queequeg
Junior

Post#31 » by Queequeg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:09 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:

They played well vs columbus. Grella (assisted by bwp) caught them off guard with a great game winning chip. The defense looks decent, but I never feel entirely comfortable. I love the way sam is playing in the new system and I can't say enough about BWP, he really seems to be expanding his game.

-Conner Oberst
BeardedGoatee
Freshman

Post#32 » by BeardedGoatee » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 pm

Queequeg wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

They played well vs columbus. Grella (assisted by bwp) caught them off guard with a great game winning chip. The defense looks decent, but I never feel entirely comfortable. I love the way sam is playing in the new system and I can't say enough about BWP, he really seems to be expanding his game.

I agree. As good as BWP and our midfield has been in Marsh's high pressure system, you really just don't feel too confident in our back four. Perrinelle has been decent in his return to the club (even made Team of the Week honors). But overall we're off to a good start.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by LittleOzzy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:49 pm

D.C. UNITED vs NEW YORK RED BULLS
RFK STADIUM, Washington, D.C.
April 11, 2015 (WEEK 6, MLS Game #50)
7 p.m. ET (CSN-Washington, MSG+, MLS LIVE)

Game time!
BeardedGoatee
Freshman

Post#34 » by BeardedGoatee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Glad we came out with the draw. Especially against DCU. Again, our back 4 continues to get exposed and overall just terrible execution. We need all our defenders to communicate with each other. Would definitely love to have a veteran CB shore up that line.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by LittleOzzy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:08 pm

NEW YORK RED BULLS vs LA GALAXY
RED BULL ARENA, Harrison, N.J.
April 26, 2015 (WEEK 8, MLS Game #72)
5 p.m. ET (ESPN2)

Game time, 1 hour on ESPN2
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 pm

NEW YORK RED BULLS vs. COLORADO RAPIDS
April 29, 2015 (WEEK 9, MLS Game #75)
7:30 p.m. ET (MLS LIVE, MSG, Altitude)

Game time in 15 minutes!
Queequeg
Junior

Post#37 » by Queequeg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:31 pm

I really wanted to come away with more than 5 points on that 3 game home stand. They had opportunities to win last night, but just did not make the most of it. However, it seemed they were really getting hit on the counter all night long, shocked that did not come back to bite them more than just taking the draw.

I really wanted BWP to make that header in the closing seconds. I'm sure he had trouble sleeping last night.

-Conner Oberst
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by LittleOzzy » Sun May 10, 2015 5:46 pm

NEW YORK RED BULLS vs. NEW YORK CITY FC
May 10, 2015 (Week 10, MLS Game #98)
7 pm ET (FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes in US, TSN2 in Canada)

Let the battle of New York begin! 7PM tonight, should be a classic.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#39 » by truth18 » Sun May 10, 2015 10:32 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:Image
NEW YORK RED BULLS vs. NEW YORK CITY FC
May 10, 2015 (Week 10, MLS Game #98)
7 pm ET (FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes in US, TSN2 in Canada)

Let the battle of New York begin! 7PM tonight, should be a classic.

Very excited for this. Rooting for the Red Bulls over NYCFC
YOU LOSE
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by LittleOzzy » Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 am

Red Bulls look great tonight.

Return to Major League Soccer