Trap Lines Results (Updated Regularly)

Moderators: bwgood77, MickeyDavis

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,460

Trap Lines Results (Updated Regularly) 

Post#1 » by durden_tyler » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:34 am

We all (well, at least the gamblers) that there are "trap lines" in every sport, and most especially in the NBA (and NFL too).

These are the "easy" wins because of spate of injuries, or mismatched teams facing (and many other factors) but eventually ended up resulting the opposite way (either "easy" cover of spreads or actual upsets (big moneyline wins!).

Should have started this long time ago but hey, it's fun (and frustrating to know that Vegas/NBA Knows and Will Take Your Money If You're Not on the Right Side of the Fix ;) ) and starting to monitor/update this thread regularly starting with today's games:

December 8 "potential" Trap Lines

Rockets vs. Nets
Opening Line: Rockets +6.5. This was before Durant Out news and dropped all the way down to Rockets -3. Still public here was still Brooklyn, after all they are just up against the lowly Rockets (despite the recent win streak)

The dogs Rockets won 114-104.

Blazers vs. Warriors.

Saw this open at Warriors -14.5 and jumped around to 15 and 13 in some books. Final Score: Warriors 104, Blazers 94. Golden State had a chance for a blow out but never pressed on the gas pedal to lead by more than 15 ;)

Thunder vs. Rockets.

Thunder +7.5 Opening Line... Thunder WON, 110-109. In games like this, i just laugh at the favorites for straight up losing-- maybe they just wanted the game close so that the spread is not covered (both pregame lines and Live Bets lines :D)... For this game

Mike Muscala makes a 3 pointer with 9.4 secs left to foil those plans. LOL at Raptors for allowing the lowly Thunder to stay in the game-- you play a game within the game, basketball gods/karma will do the job for you in end games. :D

EDIT TO ADD: If you're one of the regular bettors (or Degens :D) and you fall into these trap lines, please share!
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler
RealGM

Re: Trap Lines Results (Updated Regularly) 

Post#2 » by durden_tyler » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:37 am

12/9/201 Potential Trap Lines

Jazz vs. Sixers +2.5

One of the best in the West only a basket favorites? That much respect for Embiid/Sixers? Public will jump on Utah in this one... Picking Sixers spread because of this curious line.

Other two games Thursday:
Lakers -3 vs Grizzlies
Nuggets -1.5 vs Spurs

(All are actually curious lines but picking just the first game for the potential trap line)
durden_tyler
RealGM

Re: Trap Lines Results (Updated Regularly) 

Post#3 » by durden_tyler » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:17 pm

Thunder just +4 vs. the Mavericks tday...

Return to Gambling