NCAAW Thread

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,138

Re: NCAAW Thread 

Post#81 » by TerrenceClarke » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:03 pm

Also Paige I think is better tham Clarke as well. Paige Just got hurt like twice. People acting like they forgot Paige was above Clarke before she got hurt.

Clarke got the shooting but Paige is smoother and has the better all around game.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
zike_42
Sixth Man
And1: 502

Post#82 » by zike_42 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:10 am

TerrenceClarke wrote:Also Paige I think is better tham Clarke as well. Paige Just got hurt like twice. People acting like they forgot Paige was above Clarke before she got hurt.

Clarke got the shooting but Paige is smoother and has the better all around game.

I can't wait until next season when the Cait-sanity has passed and Paige can show just how good she can be (please please don't get injured). I feel a lot of people will be surprised how good Paige will be next season.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:34 am

That was a good game. Suspect call on Edward’s tho.
OriAr
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#84 » by OriAr » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:47 am

Read on Twitter

That's a moving screen for me.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,094

Post#85 » by tmorgan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 4:02 am

Total nonsense. That’s a clear moving screen. Her feet were not set AND she leaned her shoulder in a bit.

I get the sentiment that you can’t call that in that situation — but then again, you shouldn’t be setting highly questionable (and unnecessary) screens on a final play. Paige’s shot would have been highly contested regardless.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,484

Post#86 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:55 am

As much as I wanted UConn to win, that was not a legal screen
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#87 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:23 am

For me the suspect part is the moment, not if it was legal …. those type of screens are happening all game with out being called.

It’s no different than Jordan pushing off. It’s about the moment.

Let them play.
Nobody wants a game decided on that.

I’m not a UConn fan but that has to leave a sour taste.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,033

Post#88 » by blue and orange » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:48 pm

By the letter of the law it probably was an illegal screen, Marshall did embellish and Edward’s threw up her hands at same time as soon as Marshall was embellishing, a competent official just lets that go.

Now how is this not a push off on Clark
Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1776447436652708041&currentTweetUser=3RonJohnson

You let things go that’s fine but for officials at the end of the last play made themselves the story and all everyone will be talking about instead of how great the game was.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,493

Post#89 » by ellobo » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:40 pm

It's hard to gripe too much about the call. If it had happened in the second quarter, I don't think it would be questioned.

But I do think the situation matters. Lots of borderline, and even obvious, moving screens are not called throughout every game. Was it blatant enough, and did it affect the play enough, so that it HAD to be called in this moment instead of letting the players determine the outcome in the run of play?

But then UCONN failing to secure the rebound on Clark's ensuing free throw miss was a killer. They still could have had a possession to tie or win if they had grabbed that rebound, so the illegal screen call wasn't UCONN's last chance in the game. And then Clark throwing the inbound pass off Bueckers to take time off the clock was really smart (although the outcome was pretty much decided by then).
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Apr 6, 2024 5:58 pm

Good news for UCONN tho. The #1 player in the country committed to them today. Strong has the strap. I was watching her in the Mc Donald’s game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#91 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:05 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Good news for UCONN tho. The #1 player in the country committed to them today. Strong has the strap. I was watching her in the Mc Donald’s game.

I didn't know you followed women's hoops my man..you gonna be down for a NY Liberty thread on the Knicks forum?

UConn is gonna be back in the final 4 next season. Paige is gonna go off in her final year.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:10 pm

blue and orange wrote:By the letter of the law it probably was an illegal screen, Marshall did embellish and Edward’s threw up her hands at same time as soon as Marshall was embellishing, a competent official just lets that go.

Now how is this not a push off on Clark
Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1776447436652708041&currentTweetUser=3RonJohnson

You let things go that’s fine but for officials at the end of the last play made themselves the story and all everyone will be talking about instead of how great the game was.

I believe you've got let the players play in crunch time unless it's something really egregious.

That being said, it absolutely was a moving screen. Edwards was not stationary and she leaned in which made it worse. It was the correct call, but you hate to see games end like that.

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach

Post#93 » by TerrenceClarke » Sat Apr 6, 2024 7:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
TerrenceClarke wrote:Good news for UCONN tho. The #1 player in the country committed to them today. Strong has the strap. I was watching her in the Mc Donald’s game.

I didn't know you followed women's hoops my man..you gonna be down for a NY Liberty thread on the Knicks forum?

UConn is gonna be back in the final 4 next season. Paige is gonna go off in her final year.

I follow women hoops heavily. mostly HS school and college level. I’m a junkie on there.

The WNBA has had a hard time keeping my interest since it’s not as exciting but that’s been changing.

UCONN will be straight cause they will get their injured players back. Plus KK is a dog. If she was not in foul trouble that game goes different.

This is prob the best Freshman Class of all time in college. So many teams have really good freshman.

If people think NC state guards are scary ….wait till Zam Jones plays for NC State next year. She basically is Kobe Mentally out there. Super intense.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,239

Post#94 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:48 am

tmorgan wrote:Total nonsense. That’s a clear moving screen. Her feet were not set AND she leaned her shoulder in a bit.

I get the sentiment that you can’t call that in that situation — but then again, you shouldn’t be setting highly questionable (and unnecessary) screens on a final play. Paige’s shot would have been highly contested regardless.

I get people complaining about the call. I was a Celts fan watching KG push the limit on every screen he set, and trying to work it what the refs were ping to crisply call was a crapshoot.

I don't get people acting like it was an egregiously bad call. It wasn't. It's one of those oes I could see going either way.

I'll have to find another player to clip video of though...been showing my point guard clips of Nika Muhl most of the season for her defence.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,493

Post#95 » by ellobo » Sun Apr 7, 2024 4:43 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I follow women hoops heavily. mostly HS school and college level. I’m a junkie on there.

The WNBA has had a hard time keeping my interest since it’s not as exciting but that’s been changing.

UCONN will be straight cause they will get their injured players back. Plus KK is a dog. If she was not in foul trouble that game goes different.

This is prob the best Freshman Class of all time in college. So many teams have really good freshman.

If people think NC state guards are scary ….wait till Zam Jones plays for NC State next year. She basically is Kobe Mentally out there. Super intense.

I was really impressed by NC State freshman Zoe Brooks. Great handle and super shifty with the dribble, but limited by bad shooting. If she gets her shooting straightened out, she's going to be a problem.
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:28 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:
tmorgan wrote:Total nonsense. That’s a clear moving screen. Her feet were not set AND she leaned her shoulder in a bit.

I get people complaining about the call. I was a Celts fan watching KG push the limit on every screen he set, and trying to work it what the refs were ping to crisply call was a crapshoot.

I don't get people acting like it was an egregiously bad call. It wasn't. It's one of those oes I could see going either way.

I'll have to find another player to clip video of though...been showing my point guard clips of Nika Muhl most of the season for her defence.

It was the correct call. I hate to see things end like that but the notion that the refs shouldn't call an obvious foul is kind of bizarre.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#97 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 7, 2024 5:29 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I got ya. That's great I'll keep an eye out for Zam.

WNBA should be pretty interesting this season, there's more than just two super teams now.

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,084

Post#98 » by G R E Y » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:21 pm

"Clark...OH MYYYY! From the future"

Great aggressive start by Iowa.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,084

Post#99 » by G R E Y » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:36 pm

Clark NCAAW record-setting 18 1ST Q points!

:o
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,318

Post#100 » by Outside » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:37 pm

Nice comeback by South Carolina and response by Iowa.

Iowa's biggest weakness is being vulnerable to size. South Carolina is killing them on the boards.

Great game so far.

Return to WNBA