Indiana Fever 2024

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,467

Re: Indiana Fever 2024 

Post#21 » by DOT » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, at some point in a man's life you get to the age where women around Caitlin's age start to look like...YOUNG. like I'm a million years older than you as we know, and not to be funny, but she looks like a young girl to me still, same with Angel, Paige, Cameron etc. To me, they look like kids.

You might be surprised (or really not) at how little that matters to a lot of old men

Like, just ask women how many guys have said similarly creepy stuff to them when they were teenagers, or even younger

I used to work in a grocery store, and it wasn't super frequent but you'd still get older men making creepy comments about the girls that worked there, some of whom were underage at the time, and there's just nothing they can do except grin and bear it, which just emboldens them more because they think that makes it okay rather than it's just their job to be nice

It's just part of the objectification that comes with seeing the primary role of women being to produce children, just look at the online dating thread on the Knicks board where dudes are talking about how women who've had sex with someone else are "damaged goods" and sh*t.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,108

Post#22 » by Wizop » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Also, at some point in a man's life you get to the age where women around Caitlin's age start to look like...YOUNG.

I found years ago that women the age of your children look like children. but I didn't hear this comment the way many of you did. I thought he just meant he loved her play. I think it was Gregg Doyle but I'd have to listen again to be sure. I don't often agree with Gregg's posts, but I'm willing to cut him some slack here.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
ellobo
Veteran
And1: 4,496

Post#23 » by ellobo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Wizop wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Also, at some point in a man's life you get to the age where women around Caitlin's age start to look like...YOUNG.

I found years ago that women the age of your children look like children. but I didn't hear this comment the way many of you did. I thought he just meant he loved her play. I think it was Gregg Doyle but I'd have to listen again to be sure. I don't often agree with Gregg's posts, but I'm willing to cut him some slack here.

Nah, it was creepy AF.
Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling the truth.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,510

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:17 pm

DOT wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Also, at some point in a man's life you get to the age where women around Caitlin's age start to look like...YOUNG. like I'm a million years older than you as we know, and not to be funny, but she looks like a young girl to me still, same with Angel, Paige, Cameron etc. To me, they look like kids.

You might be surprised (or really not) at how little that matters to a lot of old men

Like, just ask women how many guys have said similarly creepy stuff to them when they were teenagers, or even younger

I used to work in a grocery store, and it wasn't super frequent but you'd still get older men making creepy comments about the girls that worked there, some of whom were underage at the time, and there's just nothing they can do except grin and bear it, which just emboldens them more because they think that makes it okay rather than it's just their job to be nice

It's just part of the objectification that comes with seeing the primary role of women being to produce children, just look at the online dating thread on the Knicks board where dudes are talking about how women who've had sex with someone else are "damaged goods" and sh*t.

I chimed in on that discussion. Hopefully my perspective reached that person.

And yeah man. I've seen first hand older dudes creeping on younger women in the workplace. It's so f*cked. That's why I try to say something to younger guys if they're willing to listen. I don't know what else to do otherwise to help outside of ensuring that the women under my care are safe and protected at all times.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#25 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm

ellobo wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Nah, it was creepy AF.

It was borderline, if not full blown sexual harassment. I don't think we need to beat around the bush.

I hope that dude does not have daughters. Because if he does, that makes this even more disgusting.

Again...I couldn't be Caitlin's dad. I would have gotten in trouble.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#26 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#27 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 2, 2024 9:44 pm

I be iced out!

Read on Twitter

Not gonna lie, the Fever's media day has endeared me to them. They're a bunch of adorable dorks :lol:

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,108

Post#28 » by Wizop » Yesterday 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Yesterday 10:17 pm

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the team. Scumbag.

Return to WNBA