Caitlin Clark Signs With Nike for Eight Figure Deal, to Get Signature Shoe

Moderators: cupcakesnake, G R E Y, Doctor MJ

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,087

Caitlin Clark Signs With Nike for Eight Figure Deal, to Get Signature Shoe 

Post#1 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Wow. Hasn't played a minute pro yet. I know several NBA players are wearing Sabrina's sneakers, which is great.

But while WNBA salaries are still low (comparisons to NBA don't count; perhaps looking at other pro women's leagues is a better gauge), this is an aspect of expansion of the women's game.

Read on Twitter

Yes it's for top players and yes many other players have to play elsewhere (for now, there are other paths being expanded like the one out lines here) this is still nevertheless an important step. More eyes on her, more eyes on the league, more interest, more attendance, hopefully.

This may at some point expand into the women's sneaker thread, but for now it's a good development, for CC and the game.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Re: Caitlin Clark Signs With Nike for Eight Figure Deal, to Get Signature Shoe 

Post#2 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#3 » by G R E Y » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:17 pm

Shoe deals other players already have:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,497

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:31 pm

G R E Y wrote:Wow. Hasn't played a minute pro yet. I know several NBA players are wearing Sabrina's sneakers, which is great.

But while WNBA salaries are still low (comparisons to NBA don't count; perhaps looking at other pro women's leagues is a better gauge), this is an aspect of expansion of the women's game.

Read on Twitter

Yes it's for top players and yes many other players have to play elsewhere (for now, there are other paths being expanded like the one out lines here) this is still nevertheless an important step. More eyes on her, more eyes on the league, more interest, more attendance, hopefully.

This may at some point expand into the women's sneaker thread, but for now it's a good development, for CC and the game.

I have a pair of Sabrina 1's but for men they aren't sold in stores (unless they have smaller feet). I've got big old size 12s so I had to custom order mine

https://www.nike.com/u/custom-sabrina-1-by-you-10001594/6364493415?

Very comfortable sneakers to walk and work out in :)

I say this to say that things are changing for the better, but a lot of work lies ahead. If people find themselves appalled that only Sabrina and Caitlin have sneakers deals, and the players of the W are criminally underpaid, folks need to actually help out.

-Watch games.

-Buy merch.

-buy tickets. Take a friend, take friends with kids both girls and boys to see the W live. Tickets aren't that expensive.

But the easiest thing to do that doesn't cost money? Spread the word! If you're on social media, share and like stuff about the W. Talk to friends about it. I got 2 of my boys, who never ever watched woman's hoops, to tune into the women's tournament and, to no surprise, they dug it. We're planning on making a boys/girl dad trip to Barclay's this summer to watch the Liberty with their kids. Getting younger boys to watch women's hoops is really important because we need to stomp out these nasty attitudes guys have towards women in sports.

It's gonna be a collective effort to grow the game but fans can absolutely be apart of it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,497

Post#5 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:35 pm

G R E Y wrote:Shoe deals other players already have:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

And yes, I agree with the first tweet. The last thing we need is for people to make this a racial issue. This isn't about race, it's about women being underserved and opportunities not being available.

Juju will absolutely have her own shoe when she's ready to go. We know where this is headed so I hope people can not take things to a place where it doesn't belong.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to WNBA