Sixth Man
And1: 34

Post#21 » by kobe#8 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:57 am

wha? papaloukas eats spanoulis..
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Lakers_4_Life » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:17 am

Being Greek it pains me to say this, but this thread only proves to me what is really obvious. Americans are 100 percent correct - Europeans do NOT know basketball.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,565

Post#23 » by El Turco » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 am

spanoulis is nowhere near rudy.nor papaloukas for that matter.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#24 » by Lakers_4_Life » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:38 pm

ElTurco wrote:spanoulis is nowhere near rudy.nor papaloukas for that matter.

Spanoulis is 10 times the player Rudy is on the world's biggest stages and when it matters at the Euro champs or World Champs. Spanoulis just about beat Team USA all by himself at the last World Champs in the 4th quarter of that game (and it sure as hell wasn't Rudy that brought Spain victory in the final) and Spanoulis just about also nearly beat Spain at the last last Euro championships IN MADRID with an injured and depleted Greek team all by himself.

In fact Diamantidis played like complete crap at the 2007 Euro champs. He was not even one of the top 5 or 6 players in the game against TEAM USA in 2006 in the World Champ semi-final. He was completely garbage in the Panathinaikos Rockets Spurs games, while guys like Becirovic and Batiste showed some NBA ability.

Papaloukas was Greece's 2nd or 3rd best player in the USA game and he had a horrible 2007 Euro championship. In fact both Papaloukas and Diamantidis sucked horribly in the game against Spain while Spanoulis was out there almost beating Spain without 2 of the best Greek players because they were injured. Rudy was a no show in the game.

At the the biggest moments and stages people find out who the REAL great players are. The Galis', the Ginobilis, the Jordans', Spanoulis is one of the greatest big game, big moment players ever and you guys are bragging about things like ULEB Cup, absolutely ridiculous. And yes, Diamantidis didn't do a damn thing in the big games when Greece needed him other than back at the 2005 Euro Championship. But hey, Adam even said Zisis was better than Spanoulis and he has done literally NOTHING in 3 years.

You guys do know that the PAO owner, PAO coach and also Giannakis say Spanoulis is the best player on Greece and the best player of PAO? You do realize that or not?

Papaloukas is one of the greatest European players ever that is undeniable, but it's pretty damn weak these other names here that are "better than Spanoulis" it's more like a comedy really.

Rudy was missing in action completely at the semifinal game against Greece good thing for him Navarro and Calderon could bail him out. As far as dominating the second level junior league of Europe the ULEB Cup like Rudy did, Spanoulis was doing that years ago when he played on Maroussi a team that was very inferior to Rudy's team.

Diamantidis is a great ROLE player and defender but he's the best Greek player and PAO player? It's like you guys think Bruce Bowen is better than Manu or Parker, seriously get real.

You guys hear remind me of NBA fans that think Amare is better than Tim Duncan. You guys are just the European versions of those fans. I'm through arguing with you because you can't argue with those types of fans because they don't know a damn thing about the game.
Genjuro
Sixth Man
And1: 224

Post#25 » by Genjuro » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:44 pm

Please, don't stop, keep going. We all love your sense of humor.
Matiz
Junior

Post#26 » by Matiz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:28 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
El Turco

Post#27 » by El Turco » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Lakers_4_Life wrote: they don't know a damn thing about the game.

says the guy who claims spanoulis is as good as john stockton.

Matiz
Junior

Post#28 » by Matiz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:27 pm

ElTurco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (I can't breathe) :rofl:
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User

Post#29 » by Lakers_4_Life » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 am

ElTurco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A person from Greece used that as a comparison. I have not been in Greece for a long time I am in LA. Anyway I can for sure say that you are a zero on basketball knowledge if you really believe some comments made here.

When people are talking about players like Diamantidis, Zisis, Lopes being better than a player like Spanoulis that's just some kind of sick joke.

I bet if I just started naming off great European players not one of you know a damn thing about them. You guys are posers face the facts.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#30 » by Duiz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:17 am

I think Ricky Rubio and Rudy are so much better. You dude are just plain drunk.
Matiz
Junior

Post#31 » by Matiz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:33 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:I bet if I just started googleing off great European players not one of you know a damn thing about them. You guys are posers face the facts.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#32 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 am

Lakers_4_Life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A person from Greece used that as a comparison. I have not been in Greece for a long time I am in LA. Anyway I can for sure say that you are a zero on basketball knowledge if you really believe some comments made here.

When people are talking about players like Diamantidis, Zisis, Lopes being better than a player like Spanoulis that's just some kind of sick joke.

I bet if I just started naming off great European players not one of you know a damn thing about them. You guys are posers face the facts.
I don't know that much English to distinguish whether you're serious or just being sarcastic. :crazy:
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Post#33 » by Cammo101 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:00 am

Who knew VSpan had a realgm account? Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Siskauskus, and Rudy are IMO the 4 best guards (and possibly players) in Europe. VSpan does not belong in that group.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#34 » by Duiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:26 am

I think JR Holden is probably even better than V-Span.
robbe
Sophomore

Post#35 » by robbe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I think Spanoulis is about MJ level, only the Greek has a quicker first step.
El Turco

Post#36 » by El Turco » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:33 pm

not to mention kareems hook shot, hakeem s inside presence, wilt s rebounding,Nique s explosiveness and magic s court vision.

VSpan>basketball.

bender235
Junior
And1: 5

Post#37 » by bender235 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:58 pm

The defense, guys, don't sleep on his defense. Spanoulis handcuffs 'em all.
Matiz
Junior

Post#38 » by Matiz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:13 pm

Spanoulis > Chuck Norris
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#39 » by Blame Rasho » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:37 am

Spanoulis is a baby that couldn't handle the NBA lifestyle... he wanted to go back and see his mommy.
robbe
Sophomore

Post#40 » by robbe » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:44 am

Blame Rasho wrote:Spanoulis is a baby that couldn't handle the NBA lifestyle... he wanted to go back and see his mommy.

In the end it all comes down to playing time. Had this guy played 30 minutes a game, there's no way he would have come back.

And how can you not handle NBA lifestyle? NBA is a players league. After all the drills and the discipline under Obradovic, Houston must have been like paradise for him.

Return to International Basketball