GT: Charlotte vs Pistons 3/11 7PM EST

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Re: GT: Charlotte vs Pistons 3/11 7PM EST 

Post#21 » by Rich4114 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:49 pm

fatlever wrote:wtf happened to nsj?

Just watch our offense for a few mins and you'll have your answer. Clifford is a basketball terrorist.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#22 » by fatlever » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:28 pm

How bad is Amari Bailey that he can't beat out Nick for the backup point guard spot? I get that we have more invested in Nick since he was a first round pick versus a second round pick, but the dude is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. It doesn't make any sense to force him into that role, and it certainly doesn't help any of the other players on the floor. We've been forcing him into that position since summer league and it's dumb.

Is Clifford really that f****** stubborn that he just forces Nick to play point guard rather than to go to a more natural point guard in bailey?

I can't believe we traded what amounts to the 13th pick in the 2022 draft for the right to have Nick Smith Jr try to play point guard

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,181

Post#23 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:50 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
fatlever wrote:wtf happened to nsj?

Just watch our offense for a few mins and you'll have your answer. Clifford is a basketball terrorist.

Lol basketball terrorist made me giggle.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,403

Post#24 » by JDR720 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:15 pm

fatlever wrote:How bad is Amari Bailey that he can't beat out Nick for the backup point guard spot? I get that we have more invested in Nick since he was a first round pick versus a second round pick, but the dude is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. It doesn't make any sense to force him into that role, and it certainly doesn't help any of the other players on the floor. We've been forcing him into that position since summer league and it's dumb.

Is Clifford really that f****** stubborn that he just forces Nick to play point guard rather than to go to a more natural point guard in bailey?

I can't believe we traded what amounts to the 13th pick in the 2022 draft for the right to have Nick Smith Jr try to play point guard

Cliff has made it pretty clear that he thinks young players have to "earn" their minutes.

To me that largely translates to you aren't being played or be given a chance to play unless we get injuries. It doesn't matter how poorly the players ahead of you play, they've "earned" those minutes. In Nick's case, he was a 1st round pick and Bailey was a 2nd.

Just playing players to see what they have to offer is a "losing mentality" or whatever it was he said.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#25 » by Rich4114 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:01 pm

fatlever wrote:How bad is Amari Bailey that he can't beat out Nick for the backup point guard spot? I get that we have more invested in Nick since he was a first round pick versus a second round pick, but the dude is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. It doesn't make any sense to force him into that role, and it certainly doesn't help any of the other players on the floor. We've been forcing him into that position since summer league and it's dumb.

I got news for you, Bailey is basically NSJ lite. Same exact type of combo guard Mitch is addicted to. NSJ is playing out of position just like half of our roster. Bailey would look just like NSJ, I'm confident in that. I think NSJ has more ability to create his own shots though, which he rarely gets to do in this offense. Cliff is running Bertans heavy mins and the rest is Miles or Miller trying to create something out of nothing with minimal spacing since Nick Richards won't leave the paint... ever.

Return to Charlotte Hornets