ImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,368

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects 

Post#1741 » by JMAC3 » Sat May 18, 2024 6:59 pm

bravor wrote:For the record, Risacher is having a pretty good game for now in the 2nd game of 1/4 final playoffs against Nanterre (his team is on the road). 16 pts on 14mn so far, 3/5 on 3's, main downside is his 2 to's and only one ft to shoot till now. Game is close, curious to see if he can keep carrying his team offensively in 2nd half.

Yeah, he is hooping.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,567

Post#1742 » by Bassman » Sat May 18, 2024 11:38 pm

Bassman wrote:
MPM wrote:We should just throw a hand grenade into the NBA universe and draft Bronny at 6.

HA! I know you’re joking (or hope you are).

But…I do think some team is going to take a swing at him early 2nd. They will be betting on bloodline much like a possible Derby horse.

Well let’s rethink my last statement. Turns out some GM notes on Bronny were leaked to a reporter, and they were not complimentary. One said only the Lakers might draft him in round 2. Here are more detailed notes from the other:

Positional athlete. Doesn't function as an elite athlete. Tweener stuck between two positions. Should be a point guard based on his size, but he can't run an offense. He's handicapped as an undersized shooting guard because he can't shoot…
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,206

Post#1743 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 19, 2024 12:29 am

Bassman wrote:
Bassman wrote:
MPM wrote:We should just throw a hand grenade into the NBA universe and draft Bronny at 6.

But…I do think some team is going to take a swing at him early 2nd. They will be betting on bloodline much like a possible Derby horse.

Well let’s rethink my last statement. Turns out some GM notes on Bronny were leaked to a reporter, and they were not complimentary. One said only the Lakers might draft him in round 2. Here are more detailed notes from the other:

Positional athlete. Doesn't function as an elite athlete. Tweener stuck between two positions. Should be a point guard based on his size, but he can't run an offense. He's handicapped as an undersized shooting guard because he can't shoot…

I thought shooting was one of his few strengths lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,063

Post#1744 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 19, 2024 1:46 am

Kyshawn George keep an eye on him once these workouts start. I feel he's gonna go in the top 10 possibly higher.
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 967

Post#1745 » by MugzZo » Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 am

Whos most suited to win rookie of the year in this extremely underwhelming class?

Sent from my SM-F936U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#1746 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 19, 2024 4:34 am

The guys who will score and have the ball in their hands Dillingham/Knecht/Topic
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,886

Post#1747 » by EmpireFalls » Sun May 19, 2024 2:39 pm

I wonder if we can bait a trade up to 6 from another team (say, San Antonio) and get Salaun.
bravor
Starter
And1: 748

Post#1748 » by bravor » Sun May 19, 2024 2:53 pm

Better ask Pistons which french prospect they want to draft. Then you make sure to pick another one
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#1749 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 19, 2024 10:01 pm

Not sure if people have been following Tristan da Silva but he's giving me Franz Wagner vibes.

Still watching his film, but if he can tighten up his handle I wouldn't take him out of consideration as a trade back option. There is talk his combine has improved his stock into a possible lottery pick.

He was clearly the best player on Colorado and I was questioning why this guy wasn't getting more hype then Cody Williams. I'm coming around to his game.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,750

Post#1750 » by MPM » Mon May 20, 2024 9:47 am

Bassman wrote:

Ha - yep - 100% joking. Bronny’s all sorts of awful but would almost be worth it just to see Poppa Bron’s face when the pick came in.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#1751 » by Rich4114 » Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=Qb4-n_Q1AvGxKBElsPvkDg

Oh ok. Yeah I’m good on Castle

I’m team center (because there’s a 50% chance we aren’t drafting backup center and it’s actually a starting center). Clingan has a lot of buzz to go top 3, but man I’m warming up to Edey. And imagine having that size available if Mark is able to go? Sign me up. League is moving back to a big man’s league in case anyone hasn’t noticed.

I’d also be happy with Matas. Rischaer too. Sleeper right now is Cody Williams but mostly because of his brother.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,385

Post#1752 » by KembaWalker » Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 pm

I don’t care about what he or his agent want, if he’s bpa draft him with or without a workout. There’s plenty of PG opportunity on this team. Positions are barely even a thing anymore so it seems like a dumb thing to get worked up over.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#1753 » by JustBuzzin » Mon May 20, 2024 2:30 pm

KembaWalker wrote:I don’t care about what he or his agent want, if he’s bpa draft him with or without a workout. There’s plenty of PG opportunity on this team. Positions are barely even a thing anymore so it seems like a dumb thing to get worked up over.

It's a non story. People just love drama. Who cares what he wants. If he's the best player on your board draft him.
Goodecharlotte
Sophomore
And1: 133

Post#1754 » by Goodecharlotte » Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm

KembaWalker wrote:I don’t care about what he or his agent want, if he’s bpa draft him with or without a workout. There’s plenty of PG opportunity on this team. Positions are barely even a thing anymore so it seems like a dumb thing to get worked up over.

Nah I'm good thanks, we don't need that ME mentality on this team we want team players who will run through brick walls for the organisation and build a new culture, not sulk because our all-star point guard (when fit) is playing there. Let him play in Washington and see how that suits him
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,385

Post#1755 » by KembaWalker » Mon May 20, 2024 2:44 pm

Goodecharlotte wrote:

Nah I'm good thanks, we don't need that ME mentality on this team we want team players who will run through brick walls for the organisation and build a new culture, not sulk because our all-star point guard (when fit) is playing there. Let him play in Washington and see how that suits him

And then Washington quickly surpasses us because they are drafting bpa and were caught up in fit concerns.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,743

Post#1756 » by yosemiteben » Mon May 20, 2024 3:11 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
Goodecharlotte wrote:

And then Washington quickly surpasses us because they are drafting bpa and were caught up in fit concerns.

I wouldn't characterize it as a fit concern, I'd say it's a character / culture one.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#1757 » by Rich4114 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
Goodecharlotte wrote:

It would be different if he was clear-cut BPA. But this draft is flat and most experts can see anyone in the top 10 range going anywhere between 3-10 in most cases. Since I'm having to try to talk myself into Castle, this sort of helps undo that for me. Give me size, a good attitude and willingness to fit in wherever you're needed. Castle isn't the type of prospect to go down this road. If you were a Bonafide top 5 pick in a strong draft or something that's different.
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 892

Post#1758 » by Chapelchilla » Mon May 20, 2024 3:33 pm

If those rumors are true, then no way they should draft Castle unless Melo is getting shipped/hurt. One of his supposed best assets was the "willing to sacrifice for the team" play out of position. He was supposed to be a SECONDARY playmaker/defensive stud. The guy shot 27%. He can't be a diva too. Maybe that is just talk but I would definitely have concerns about bringing him in if not. Hopefully the Spurs pick him up at 4 and it's a moot point.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#1759 » by Rich4114 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:34 pm

Where's GoBobs at? I'm really warming up to Edey with the performance he's having at the combine. You can't deny that size and I'm really liking the idea of having a C rotation of Mark and Edey or having Edey as Mark insurance. We need to get bigger up front. We also need better on-ball defense on the perimeter. Hopefully we can add one or both of those things between free agency and the draft. Feels like the size up front is the harder to come by and we happen to have a top 6 pick in a draft with 3 bigs projected to go in the lottery.
Rich4114
RealGM

Post#1760 » by Rich4114 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:36 pm

Chapelchilla wrote:If those rumors are true, then no way they should draft Castle unless Melo is getting shipped/hurt. One of his supposed best assets was the "willing to sacrifice for the team" play out of position. He was supposed to be a SECONDARY playmaker/defensive stud. The guy shot 27%. He can't be a diva too. Maybe that is just talk but I would definitely have concerns about bringing him in if not. Hopefully the Spurs pick him up at 4 and it's a moot point.

That's exactly my point. The allure of Castle is a "does everything for the team, glue guy, play multiple positions, defend the best guard, etc." guy. Those things help you get over the fact that he shot 27% on one of the best teams of this past decade in NCAA. If he's going to take some of those away because he feels he's a PG, then let him go be PG somewhere else.

Return to Charlotte Hornets