Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,552

Re: Game, Stop! - The Hornets Ownership Thread 

Post#121 » by LofJ » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:44 pm

JDR720 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Incredible, MJ would never do something like that. I really like Rick Schnall, I get good vibes from him.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#122 » by Walt Cronkite » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:55 pm

That is encouraging.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,168

Post#123 » by Braggins » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:03 pm

I honestly got the sense from MJ towards the end that he felt contempt for the fanbase and was actively trying to spite them at times.
lmcguir15
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#124 » by lmcguir15 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:09 pm

Re: Owners being involved at the deadline

On one hand, it was nice to see a fresh approach. On the other hand, owners being involved is usually not a good thing. I hope they cede decision making to the eventual new GM.

Specifically this deadline I'm more fine with it only because Mitch is on his way out. But if they hire their guy to replace him, they need to just let him do his job. New owners usually fall into the trap of thinking they're the smartest guys in the room because they've made billions, and leads to bad decisions. Looking at you Tepper.
"It's true, you can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win very much either."
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,264

Post#125 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:26 pm

lmcguir15 wrote:Re: Owners being involved at the deadline

On one hand, it was nice to see a fresh approach. On the other hand, owners being involved is usually not a good thing. I hope they cede decision making to the eventual new GM.

Specifically this deadline I'm more fine with it only because Mitch is on his way out. But if they hire their guy to replace him, they need to just let him do his job. New owners usually fall into the trap of thinking they're the smartest guys in the room because they've made billions, and leads to bad decisions. Looking at you Tepper.

Welcome to the board!
lmcguir15
Freshman
And1: 63

Post#126 » by lmcguir15 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
lmcguir15 wrote:Re: Owners being involved at the deadline

Welcome to the board!

Thanks!
"It's true, you can't lose what you don't put in the middle. But you can't win very much either."
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,719

Post#127 » by yosemiteben » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:24 pm

https://www.qcnews.com/charlotte/charlotte-would-lose-ownership-in-hornets-practice-facility-invest-more-in-spectrum-center-under-proposed-deal/

Big deal. Specifically loving this:

HSE is committed to fully funding the practice facility costs above the $30 million provided by the city, and we have teamed with longtime Hornets partner Novant Health to offer a destination for leading-edge sports medicine and orthopedic care as part of the mixed-use practice facility development.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#128 » by Walt Cronkite » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:44 am

Move over torture rack, make way iron maiden.

Good news.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#129 » by Rich4114 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:14 pm

I think the new owners are going to be willing to spend money where Jordan wasn't and it's going to make a difference. Now, we just need to get his pals out of the org and replaced with competent basketball people. And of course a new head coach and assistant staff.

Return to Charlotte Hornets