Dear, dear, me.
B B M F 'ers
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,842

Re: Gerald Wallace Trade Talk/Trade Ideas 

Post#204 » by floppymoose » Fri Dec 5, 2008 5:43 pm

I dunno.... you're going to turn down two first round picks from a McHale run team? As long as they were only top 2 protected at most, I'd have to think about that. Such a trade would have netted you OJ Mayo if it had been done before last draft.
nugentrk
Junior
And1: 0

Post#205 » by nugentrk » Fri Dec 5, 2008 6:50 pm

floppymoose wrote:I dunno.... you're going to turn down two first round picks from a McHale run team? As long as they were only top 2 protected at most, I'd have to think about that. Such a trade would have netted you OJ Mayo if it had been done before last draft.

2 pick from the wolves are not that sexy. Plus it includes Alexis Ajinca. We traded a future 1st to get him so we are effectively giving up a future 1st in this deal.

The wolves will potentially have 4 1st round pick.

1.Wolves own pick - already traded to the clippers, top 10 protected
2.Miami - Top 10 protected
3.Utah - Top 22 protected
4.Boston
nugentrk
Junior

Post#206 » by nugentrk » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:39 pm

Judging from all the chatter in their locker room, the Timberwolves are convinced that Gerald Wallace will be coming on board from Charlotte, with Rashard McCants and Jason Collins heading to the Bobcats.

side column, Slam Dunks
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... ons_w.html
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#207 » by BigSlam » Sun Dec 7, 2008 7:58 pm

nugentrk wrote:
Judging from all the chatter in their locker room, the Timberwolves are convinced that Gerald Wallace will be coming on board from Charlotte, with Rashard McCants and Jason Collins heading to the Bobcats.

side column, Slam Dunks
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... ons_w.html

Knowing that LB has already said we have too many jump shooters, I just don't see it happening - unless there is much more too it, like us giving up long term contracts (Hammer/Nazzy for eg) and we have draft picks coming back our way.

Great find though nugentrk!!
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#208 » by BigSlam » Mon Dec 8, 2008 2:39 am

How about something like:

Crash
Hammer
Nazzy

for

Rudy
Frye
LaFrentz

Blazers get their starting SF in Crash, depth in the big man depth with Nazzy and a bench SG in Hammer.

We get a potential "both ends" starting SG in Rudy who has handles and play making as well as an outside shot (moving Swish to the 3), a temporary starting PF in Frye and a whole lot of cap room next summer (Boozer?) when LaFrentz's contract comes off the books?
B B M F 'ers
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect

Post#209 » by Felton for Pres » Mon Dec 8, 2008 1:51 pm

I'd do that but I see two problems. 1. The Blazers are playing some darn good ball right now, you probably don't want to mess with that. 2. I doubt they'd want to move Rudy. He's looking like the real deal. I'd love to have him here.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 137

Post#210 » by Butter » Mon Dec 8, 2008 8:30 pm

BigSlam wrote:How about something like:

Crash
Hammer
Nazzy

for

Rudy
Frye
LaFrentz

Blazers get their starting SF in Crash, depth in the big man depth with Nazzy and a bench SG in Hammer.

We get a potential "both ends" starting SG in Rudy who has handles and play making as well as an outside shot (moving Swish to the 3), a temporary starting PF in Frye and a whole lot of cap room next summer (Boozer?) when LaFrentz's contract comes off the books?

As a Blazers fan, I'd be happy to reply to this.

Most Blazers fans will have a knee jerk reaction to any deals involving Rudy Fernandez. Most of us see him as having a very, very high ceiling, so it will be very unlikely to see him included in any deals.

Regarding Wallace, I think its obvious that he's an upgrade over any players the Blazers have a SF. However, the combination of his salary, concussion history, and lack of perimeter shooting make me pause. I haven't watched a lot of Bobcats games, so I'm not an expert, but I think that Wallace's defense against the premier SF's and his slashing ability would be a big help though.

Mainly, I don't think the Blazers have the "spare parts" to upgrade the 'Cats PF position. A deal centered around Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye would give you nice pieces, but I don't think that's enough value (obviously).

I think the most likely answer to any type of Blazers/Bobcats deal would be a three way trade that could bring you in a PF upgrade, and send some of the young pieces from the Blazers to a team looking to unload a salary and upgrade their depth?
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#211 » by BigSlam » Mon Dec 8, 2008 8:38 pm

Fair enough Butter. I don't blame you for wanting to hang onto Rudy. He (short of 2 or 3 games) has really looked the goods.

The thought process was that a lot of Blazer fans have said for a long time that you are missing one last vital piece - which is a defensive, all out energy SF, which Crash is.

Is Rudy the final piece to take you over the top? Maybe, but maybe not. It will be hard with him playing off the bench to have the full impact of what he might be able to do. I'm betting that Crash would be the type of final piece that could take you there though.

You would be basically trading a 6th man/bench player who's logging around 25mpg in Rudy for a starting SF who would excell between to Roy and LMA.

With the return of Webster, maybe you have the luxury of moving Rudy for the piece you are missing with Webster playing the 6th man role that Rudy is currently?

Either way, thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts as a Blazer fan. I appreciate it.
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,739

Post#212 » by fatlever » Mon Dec 8, 2008 10:59 pm

i'm pretty sure i dont have to tell you guys how big of a rudy fan i am.

euro - check
shooter - check
can handle the ball - check
can pass - check
on team "allied biscuit" - check

PLUS, we get to dump carroll and nazrs contracts and pick up frye in return... oh man, too good to be true, so it is. blazers pass.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 137

Post#213 » by Butter » Tue Dec 9, 2008 1:24 am

BigSlam wrote:Fair enough Butter. I don't blame you for wanting to hang onto Rudy. He (short of 2 or 3 games) has really looked the goods.

The thought process was that a lot of Blazer fans have said for a long time that you are missing one last vital piece - which is a defensive, all out energy SF, which Crash is.

Is Rudy the final piece to take you over the top? Maybe, but maybe not. It will be hard with him playing off the bench to have the full impact of what he might be able to do. I'm betting that Crash would be the type of final piece that could take you there though.

You would be basically trading a 6th man/bench player who's logging around 25mpg in Rudy for a starting SF who would excell between to Roy and LMA.

With the return of Webster, maybe you have the luxury of moving Rudy for the piece you are missing with Webster playing the 6th man role that Rudy is currently?

Either way, thanks for dropping by and sharing your thoughts as a Blazer fan. I appreciate it.

The Blazers are in kind of a tricky position. As great as Brandon Roy is, he does have a bit of a history of injuries, so having Rudy available to step in is a huge safety net. I do agree though, Rudy wont be happy to play second fiddle forever.

If the Blazers did trade Rudy, I hope that they could get an elite level PG. However, the problem there is that they don't know what they have yet in Jerryd Bayless. He might eventually develop into a perfect compliment next to Roy.

So then, they could try to upgrade their SF spot. They have a very promising young player in Batum who looks to project as a Wallace/Tayshaun Prince type of player. Outlaw is a very talented young wing, but seems to be better as a sixth man. The one big X-factor is Martel Webster. He was primed to have a break out year before he got hurt.

Looking that the Bobcats roster, it seems the biggest need is finding a legit low post scorer. It seems like David Lee would be a nice fit, but his price tag is going to be very high. Eddy Curry is obviously available, but posters on this forum have made it clear that he's not the answer. Maybe someone like Dan Gadzuric would be a good option? He's not a scorer, but he's a pretty good defender and rebounder? I know that's not a sexy answer, but any really good low post players aren't usually available.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
nugentrk
Junior

Post#214 » by nugentrk » Tue Dec 9, 2008 7:22 pm

Rod Higgins ends the Twolves hope
RealGM wrietap

That trade rumor of recent vintage – Gerald Wallace to the Minnesota Timberwolves for two expiring contracts ( Jason Collins and Rashad McCants) is totally bogus, according to Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins.

Beyond it making little sense – you'd dump a core player for nothing but salary-cap relief? – Higgins said it's never even been discussed. He said he's never had a conversation with the T'Wolves involving Wallace.

full article
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcat ... 02391.html

but he had conversation with the T'Wolves? get to work Rod, grab Craig Smith or Rodney Carney and just say no to McCants
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#215 » by rsavaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:29 pm

Err....our resident Suns insider is reporting a potential Raja Bell/Boris Diaw/Sean Singletary for Jason Richardson/Jared Dudley swap. The salaries match, and he called the Shaq trade 3 weeks before it happened.

Thoughts?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#216 » by BigSlam » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 pm

rsavaj wrote:Err....our resident Suns insider is reporting a potential Raja Bell/Boris Diaw/Sean Singletary for Jason Richardson/Jared Dudley swap. The salaries match, and he called the Shaq trade 3 weeks before it happened.

Thoughts?

It's hard to think with vomit pouring out of every orifice of my body.

And I mean every orifice.

This trade "idea" makes no sense for us at all, in anyones world, at any time.
B B M F 'ers
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#217 » by rsavaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:58 pm

BigSlam wrote:
rsavaj wrote:Err....our resident Suns insider is reporting a potential Raja Bell/Boris Diaw/Sean Singletary for Jason Richardson/Jared Dudley swap. The salaries match, and he called the Shaq trade 3 weeks before it happened.

Thoughts?

It's hard to think with vomit pouring out of every orifice of my body.

And I mean every orifice.

This trade "idea" makes no sense for us at all, in anyones world, at any time.

I feel you man, don't see why CHA would downgrade from Richardson to Bell and take on Diaw's contract.

I'm really ambivalent as a Phoenix fan too; Bell is our emotional leader, and I think Diaw is exceptionally talented.
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Tell me there is another trade is the works... 

Post#218 » by fluffernutter » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Or I am going to go completely over-the-top crazy!

SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Re: Tell me there is another trade is the works... 

Post#219 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:49 pm

I hope the other trade is Okafor and Gerald Wallace to the Pistons for AI and Maxiell!
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: Tell me there is another trade is the works... 

Post#220 » by ohara » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 pm

I count 15 men on the squad now. I dont see how we sign Juwan Howard unless there is another deal coming.

Return to Charlotte Hornets