Post#41 » by SWedd523 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 7:03 pm

lmao a hornet hat like that would actually be pretty awesoms
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Re: Game, Stop! - The Hornets Ownership Thread 

Post#42 » by wilson115 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:58 am

fatlever wrote:Image

prompt: a colorful comic book style artwork of a middle age white guy, wearing a shirt and tie and a charlotte hornets hat, he is looking at a stock chart with a downward trend, he is crying, a cartoon thought bubble reads "Stupid GameStop"

Great output but the chart ought to show an upward trend w/c is how they lose money on short selling.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#43 » by fatlever » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:26 pm

Oh yeah, duh lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,401

Post#44 » by JDR720 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:10 pm

Read on Twitter

ESPN ranked us last in the "management" future power rankings...with a score of 1. 20pts lower than the next lowest. And the lowest score ever in any category.

Quality/stability of front office, owners and coaching.

I know we suck, but that is just trolling at this point. The narratives around this team is terrible.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,490

Post#45 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Any other team would have gotten a slight bump from swapping 'the worst owner in NBA history' for new management.

NBA media actively resents the existence of small market franchises that make them go somewhere other than LA/NY/Miami/SF/Chicago/Boston. Charlotte just gets it worst because they're the hated small market plus they are easy to dump on due to sustained irrelevance. The Kings were in a similar dilemma until recently.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Post#46 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:21 pm

i mean, it's extremely hard to argue that we're anything but dead last in that regard till new management is actually in place. The new owners haven't fired Kupchak into a new solar system yet or made any personnel changes that we know of, so till that happens, no reason to put us anywhere but rock bottom. Bring on all the bad press till the new owners feel like making a change.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,490

Post#47 » by Hornet Mania » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:20 pm

HornetJail wrote:i mean, it's extremely hard to argue that we're anything but dead last in that regard till new management is actually in place. The new owners haven't fired Kupchak into a new solar system yet or made any personnel changes that we know of, so till that happens, no reason to put us anywhere but rock bottom. Bring on all the bad press till the new owners feel like making a change.

The issue isn't being last place, that's perfectly reasonable. The issue is this metric has us as 20x worse than the next team. Are the Wizards really 20x better managed than the Hornets? Of course not. They're just taking the piss with that ridiculous number.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,281

Post#48 » by JMAC3 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:19 pm

Yeah seems weird considering we just got new owners.
What type of changes do they want them to have made in the last 90 days?

Also, Clifford is probably a bit disrespected as a coach if we are being honest.
He isn't good but his coaching record is 319-400 coaching Magic and Hornets.

Guys like Jacque Vaughn, Chauncey Billups, Jamahl Mosely and Mark Daigneault are 10% lower than him in win%.

Don't get me wrong there are still 15 guys I would easily take over Cliff, but it is not as if he is in a class of his own when it comes to being the worst coach in the league.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,165

Post#49 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:36 pm

I mean the new owners aren't exactly incredible. Losing 500 million because of freaking gamestop and people making a movie about it kind of sucks. Lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,281

Post#50 » by JMAC3 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:41 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:I mean the new owners aren't exactly incredible. Losing 500 million because of freaking gamestop and people making a movie about it kind of sucks. Lol

I need to watch the movie.

No expert, but shorting a stock that was artificially inflated 10x probably was the right move 99/100 times.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,591

Post#51 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:44 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:
HornetJail wrote:i mean, it's extremely hard to argue that we're anything but dead last in that regard till new management is actually in place. The new owners haven't fired Kupchak into a new solar system yet or made any personnel changes that we know of, so till that happens, no reason to put us anywhere but rock bottom. Bring on all the bad press till the new owners feel like making a change.

The issue isn't being last place, that's perfectly reasonable. The issue is this metric has us as 20x worse than the next team. Are the Wizards really 20x better managed than the Hornets? Of course not. They're just taking the piss with that ridiculous number.

there's no piss to be taken, we're unequivocally rock bottom, at least most of the other tanking teams have made savvy moves
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,325

Post#52 » by amcoolio » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:44 pm

I'd say we are rock bottom of the three big sports, even the Oakland A's are better managed

Edit: Panthers probably bottom 5 out of 90+, meaning Charotte is a big L of a sports town right now
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#53 » by Bassman » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:20 am

If the new ownership had any cajones of size, they would see this situation for what it is and make SEISMIC changes right now…before the season is pi$$+# away.

> FIRE Mitch and any rotten front office staff. Bring in the best GM prospect you can who has proven he can negotiate deals and evaluate talent. Mitch is complacent, too old and too disconnected. Change the culture, NOW.
> FIRE Clifford and hire Terry Stotts. Literally fire him tonight after this putrid preseason game with Boston is done, but call Stotts NOW and gauge his interest. Fly him down tomorrow and get the deal done. He wants to be a HEAD COACH, not an assistant, which is why he quit. The man has had some real success. Give him the keys and let him drive.
> Once in place, the new GM and coach must find a trade or two that can get us help in key areas using veterans who can help provide toughness and leadership. All the jabber coming from Clifford the dog and the players about how good camp has been, all the work in preseason and how they were going to do some stuff this year. Well, even though it’s preseason, Celtics showing them what a quality team and players look like. LaMelo must be second guessing….
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 425

Post#54 » by Rays Pompadour » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:27 am

Bassman wrote:If the new ownership had any cajones of size, they would see this situation for what it is and make SEISMIC changes right now…before the season is pi$$+# away.

> FIRE Mitch and any rotten front office staff. Bring in the best GM prospect you can who has proven he can negotiate deals and evaluate talent. Mitch is complacent, too old and too disconnected. Change the culture, NOW.
> FIRE Clifford and hire Terry Stotts. Literally fire him tonight after this putrid preseason game with Boston is done, but call Stotts NOW and gauge his interest. Fly him down tomorrow and get the deal done. He wants to be a HEAD COACH, not an assistant, which is why he quit. The man has had some real success. Give him the keys and let him drive.
> Once in place, the new GM and coach must find a trade or two that can get us help in key areas using veterans who can help provide toughness and leadership. All the jabber coming from Clifford the dog and the players about how good camp has been, all the work in preseason and how they were going to do some stuff this year. Well, even though it’s preseason, Celtics showing them what a quality team and players look like. LaMelo must be second guessing….

I firmly believe that the plan of new ownership is to clean house this summer. Sorry.

And the Panthers should have kept Steve Wilks.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 940

Post#55 » by Robot Rock » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:44 am

amcoolio wrote:I'd say we are rock bottom of the three big sports, even the Oakland A's are better managed

Edit: Panthers probably bottom 5 out of 90+, meaning Charotte is a big L of a sports town right now

The Hornets on their worst day are better than the Panthers on their best.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,165

Post#56 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:18 am

Robot Rock wrote:
amcoolio wrote:I'd say we are rock bottom of the three big sports, even the Oakland A's are better managed

I would've vehemently disagreed 7 weeks ago. But yeah basically trading away the first pick in next years draft is pretty **** bad. Lol.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,325

Post#57 » by amcoolio » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:32 am

Robot Rock wrote:

The Panthers have made a superbowl in the last decade. We may go 80 years before the Hornets make an NBA Finals, they are that far apart. **** the Hornets haven't even won their division! Since 1988! That's 35 years!
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#58 » by Robot Rock » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:11 am

amcoolio wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:

The Panthers have made a superbowl in the last decade. We may go 80 years before the Hornets make an NBA Finals, they are that far apart. **** the Hornets haven't even won their division! Since 1988! That's 35 years!

2011-12 Horncats > 2023 Panthers.
Robot Rock
Starter

Post#59 » by Robot Rock » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:12 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Robot Rock wrote:

I would've vehemently disagreed 7 weeks ago. But yeah basically trading away the first pick in next years draft is pretty **** bad. Lol.

And this is only the first of back-to-back winless seasons.
Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 425

Post#60 » by Rays Pompadour » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:21 am

Reich accepts losing. That's not a winning strategy.

Return to Charlotte Hornets