ImageImage

Vincent already on the hot seat?

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,723

Post#41 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:52 pm

too funny.... thanks for the props spectre.

bowens, yeah that was me who wrote the draftexpress profile for felton. i use to write articles for them back when the site first started. since i had seen roughtly 90% of the heels games that year they asked me if i would write the profiles for felton and marvin williams, which i did, with the help of a good friend of mine.

nowadays those guys spend a LOT more time researching and watching players, going to workouts, going to games etc... and since i bombed on ammo, i have since retired from trying to project college players in the pros. i did not write ammo's profile, FWIW.

but, i still agree with 90% of what i wrote about felton and marvin.

go team argentina!!!
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#42 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:13 pm

fatlever wrote:too funny.... thanks for the props spectre.

bowens, yeah that was me who wrote the draftexpress profile for felton. i use to write articles for them back when the site first started. since i had seen roughtly 90% of the heels games that year they asked me if i would write the profiles for felton and marvin williams, which i did, with the help of a good friend of mine.

nowadays those guys spend a LOT more time researching and watching players, going to workouts, going to games etc... and since i bombed on ammo, i have since retired from trying to project college players in the pros. i did not write ammo's profile, FWIW.

but, i still agree with 90% of what i wrote about felton and marvin.

go team argentina!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#43 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:27 pm

spectre_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If JRich can continue his outstanding play I think you'd be awesome to pen about it...esp. since you were never a huge fan to begin with.

I think you need to hold off on calling JRich's play "outstanding." I mean come on, thats laughable. You're talking like he's Kobe Bryant. Take last game for instance, he started off on fire shooting wise, then DISAPPEARED in the second half. On offense, it was like he went poof and vanished. On defense, he was constantly getting beat which resulted in EASY dunks by the Bulls big men. When Noah posterized Mek, it was cause JRich got beat off the dribble by Gordon.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#44 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:32 pm

Truth be told, it wasn't Felts that phoned BB the night before the draft and begged him to draft him. It was Fats posing as Felts in an attempt to make his DX piece look better.

I'm onto you Fat Man.
B B M F 'ers
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#45 » by spectre_ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:37 pm

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you need to hold off on calling JRich's play "outstanding." I mean come on, thats laughable. You're talking like he's Kobe Bryant. Take last game for instance, he started off on fire shooting wise, then DISAPPEARED in the second half. On offense, it was like he went poof and vanished. On defense, he was constantly getting beat which resulted in EASY dunks by the Bulls big men. When Noah posterized Mek, it was cause JRich got beat off the dribble by Gordon.

To say I pretty much NEVER agree with your observations of our players would be a gross understatement, but regardless I am sorry...I thought Felton was this week's whipping boy and JRich was week before last.

I'll try to keep up better in the future.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#46 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:46 pm

To say I pretty much NEVER agree with your observations of our players would be a gross understatement, but regardless I am sorry...I thought Felton was this week's whipping boy and JRich was week before last.

I'll try to keep up better in the future.

You never agree with my observations because you put players in the hall of fame after twelve minutes of "outstanding" play. :crazy:
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#47 » by BigSlam » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:49 pm

Thanks for trying to keep the thread on track Spectre - which is about Felts and not JRich.

Whip away Bobcat heads!!
B B M F 'ers
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by spectre_ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:51 pm

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You never agree with my observations because you put players in the hall of fame after twelve minutes of "outstanding" play. :crazy:

This from the guy who threw JRich under the bus after being with us for a little over a month. What was that title again...J "Brick"?

How's that working out for ya? :D

Slam sorry...can only take so much for the team here! :rofl:
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#49 » by SamBone » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:01 pm

I don't think he is the entire problem (that is as positive as I can sound), but he is a big reason. I agree with Walt, fire him and find out.
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#50 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:16 pm

This from the guy who threw JRich under the bus after being with us for a little over a month. What was that title again...J "Brick"?

How's that working out for ya? :D

Slam sorry...can only take so much for the team here! :rofl:

YOU are the one who just said JRich has been playing outstanding. Where was JRich in the second half of the Bulls game? Hello? And where was JRich in the 4th quarter and OT of the Pacers game? He had a grand total of 2 points and they were from the free throw line! Game on the line and he did NOTHING!!!!!!!!! Hello??

And you have the cajones to laugh at me and say JRich has been outstanding? Hmm oh wait I get it, and I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were 80 years old and once the clock strikes 8pm, you are sound asleep. That explains it!!

Felton stinks. :lol:
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by spectre_ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:39 pm

You started posting on the board during this season...you rationalize each week why a certain player is the sole reason for our troubles and then flip to another player and then it's all HIS fault.

Coach Vincent!!!

Dude, you suck. Go back to the NBDL already. :wink:

And where was JRich in the 4th quarter and OT of the Pacers game?

Bobcats gut one out, end losing skid with win over Indiana

CHARLOTTE

Irony
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#52 » by Bowens » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:07 pm

spectre_ wrote:You started posting on the board during this season...you rationalize each week why a certain player is the sole reason for our troubles and then flip to another player and then it's all HIS fault.

Coach Vincent!!!

Dude, you suck. Go back to the NBDL already. :wink:

And where was JRich in the 4th quarter and OT of the Pacers game?

Bobcats gut one out, end losing skid with win over Indiana

CHARLOTTE
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#53 » by fatlever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:59 pm

take it to the jrich thread.
Richmond Tigers
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#54 » by Richmond Tigers » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:31 am

Scott Skiles anyone?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#55 » by fatlever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:09 am

its about time for vincent to panic again and make a change.
RolloTommasi
Bench Warmer
And1: 194

Post#56 » by RolloTommasi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:08 pm

Richmond Tigers wrote:Scott Skiles anyone?

LOL

are you kidding me ???

Skiles is garbage
UNCarquest
Junior

Post#57 » by UNCarquest » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:50 pm

I'm sure it's been said on this board already but... the change in starting lineups has moved Raymond from an average NBA point guard to a below average NBA shooting guard, while moving McInnis, a below NBA point guard, to the starting lineup.

The upshot? The Bobcats now might have the worst starting backcourt in the NBA.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#58 » by Rich4114 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:27 pm

Carslie FTW!

Return to Charlotte Hornets