ImageImage

Crash Released from Hospital - wont play "anytime soon"

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

CHIMOCHI
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Crash Hospitalized With Collapsed Lung And Fractured Rib 

Post#41 » by CHIMOCHI » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:38 pm

like i said before, the person who should be blamed is kobe for putting his teammate in a bad position to have to react quick
get well soon wallace
u mad?
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#42 » by Ripcity4life » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:35 am

I have watched the Video a few times now and as much as i HATE the Lakers being a Blazer fan. I can see why a flagrant was called but if anyone thinks there should be a fine or suspension then i hate to say it but that would not be warranted. Could it be Bynum was just out of position and did the only thing he knew to stop Wallace. The NBA has become the " Care Bear" league at times since if you breath wrong on a player a foul is called.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#43 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:45 am

Ripcity4life wrote:I have watched the Video a few times now and as much as i HATE the Lakers being a Blazer fan. I can see why a flagrant was called but if anyone thinks there should be a fine or suspension then i hate to say it but that would not be warranted. Could it be Bynum was just out of position and did the only thing he knew to stop Wallace. The NBA has become the " Care Bear" league at times since if you breath wrong on a player a foul is called.

So you are comparing "breathing on a player" to breaking a rib and collapsing someones lung?

Could it be that Bynum too the easy way out rather than trying to contest the shot?

What makes it worse is if you read the Lakers board they say that he has done this sort of thing before. Again, I don't think it was dirty, but he needs to be taught that he can't be so clumsy and careless.
B B M F 'ers
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#44 » by Ripcity4life » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:05 am

No i am not saying breathing on someone and that elbow in his ribs is the same. I should have made that more clear and i am sorry i did not. Also i have not gone over to the Laker board would rather cut my arm off then read those fools ... LOL .. as you can see i really really hate ANYTHING Laker. The whole Breath on a player and foul thing should have been in a new paragraph.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#45 » by Joel Embust » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:11 am

Bynum should get suspended for that dirty play on Crash, I'm glad the Cats won it in the end without their best player because hurting Crash was LA's only chance of a win last night.

People are being too soft on Bynum, it was a DIRTY, intentional play.
JValone
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#46 » by JValone » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 am

From what I've seen Bynum has no track record that would indicate he's a dirty player, if anything he's way too soft which is an understandable problem for a big man to have at the age of 21. Slam made a great point, if Bynum had been more physical to begin with (legally, mind you) he would have bodied Crash and gone for the block. The awkward elbow/hip he gave Crash was the result of him being unwilling to commit and reacting at the last second.

I see where both sides are coming from. On one hand if Crash had gotten up this would be almost a non-issue because few would believe Bynum would have rather seen him injured. But at the same time as Bassman pointed out the result is the only thing the league can judge objectively. IMO Bynum should be suspended 2 games with a 15k fine, it's consistent with what the league has done in the past (Al Horford accidentally injuring TJ Ford comes to mind) and it sends a message to all players that you need to be more careful when making contact with an opponent in midair.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#47 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 am

no jrich, no wallace, no carroll, no dudley... the 4 players that ammo was losing minutes to early in the season.

its now or never adam. step up or get the f off the team. its that simple. i kinda hope LB gives adam 25+ minutes per game for the next few (with plenty of chances to score). this is his last chance with us, imo. if he cant step up and produce now, i would bury him at the end of the bench, or better yet, in a suit.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#48 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 am

send get well e-mails to gerald at

getwellgerald@bobcats.com
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#49 » by fatlever » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:23 am

i'll be sending a big chocolate cake made w/ a box of ex-lax to bynum.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#50 » by 10scott10 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:01 am

to me it looks like he tried and failed to wrap him up.

http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=783

look at around 35 seconds in. his arms are in front of wallace and the elbow bends after the contact occurs. and as can bee seen around second 50, i don't even know if the elbow itself hits wallace, but just the upper arm.

I don't think he was trying to be rough, but I don't think a suspension is unreasonable even without intent to harm.
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#51 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:33 pm

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcat ... 02200.html

Bynum was called for a flagrant foul and an NBA spokesman said the league is reviewing the play to determine whether further discipline should be administered. However, Brown doesn’t advocate a suspension or upgrading the foul to the more-serious Flagrant-2 level.

“That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,’’ Brown said. “If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul.’’
B B M F 'ers
GoBobcats
Veteran

Post#52 » by GoBobcats » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Classy statement of LB.
LB is really good for our orgnization. The other day he apologized to Ariza.
Respect
GoBobcats
Veteran

Post#53 » by GoBobcats » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:59 pm

And of course i wish Gerald all the best.
The Team will have a hard time without him.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#54 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:31 pm

BigSlam wrote:http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/502200.html

Bynum was called for a flagrant foul and an NBA spokesman said the league is reviewing the play to determine whether further discipline should be administered. However, Brown doesn’t advocate a suspension or upgrading the foul to the more-serious Flagrant-2 level.

That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,’’ Brown said. “If he had a history of that (rough play), I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul.’’

Good find Big............ guys Im not sticking up for Bynum, Im actually one of the outspoken posters on our board that isnt happy about his contribution to this team.
I mean he is young and he is learning, and he has a lot of growing up to do in this league, but a dirty player, HE'S NOT.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,971

Post#55 » by Diop » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:46 pm

I don't think it was a dirty play, but it was a deliberate act to make a lot of contact and it certainly was reckless.

And in my POV a deliberate and reckless act that causes serious injury deserves a suspension.

Not a huge one, but something, you have to protect the players and discourage these type of hits.
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#56 » by Paydro70 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 pm

It's definitely not a dirty play, it was just bad defense. It was obviously "intentional," in the sense that he made the contact with Wallace and was trying to prevent him from shooting. It's a flagrant for sure, but I feel like I see this sort of thing once every couple of games, the only difference is that Wallace got hurt so badly by it.

I respectfully disagree, Bassman, results do not matter, and cannot if you're going to have rational rules. A foul is a foul, a flagrant is a flagrant, whether the guy bounces back up, is a scratch for the game, or breaks his leg. You have to judge based on intentions and actions, in my opinion this is obviously illegal and deserved the flagrant, but no more than a one-game suspension is warranted.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#57 » by doc.end » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Ripcity4life wrote: Also i have not gone over to the Laker board would rather cut my arm off then read those fools ...

Now you can say anything and it would be forgiven. Welcome, friend.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#58 » by doc.end » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:04 pm

10scott10 wrote:to me it looks like he tried and failed to wrap him up.

http://www.lakersmedia.com/video/index.php?p=783

look at around 35 seconds in. his arms are in front of wallace and the elbow bends after the contact occurs. and as can bee seen around second 50, i don't even know if the elbow itself hits wallace, but just the upper arm.

I don't think he was trying to be rough, but I don't think a suspension is unreasonable even without intent to harm.
There is no point to turn back ot player who you want to wrap up. He could still catch him from behind safely or facing him not turning back. There are many ways how to make a good foul, even a hard foul, safely. He just chose the rough way, deliberately. Maybe he then cahnge his mind seeing what he did. I still think Larry Brown and co. said those things because that was expected and played Stern and co. a bit for future consolidation knowing they can achieve nothing in the case of Lakers rising star the other way.
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#59 » by TonyMontana » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:16 pm

doc.end wrote:
Ripcity4life wrote: Also i have not gone over to the Laker board would rather cut my arm off then read those fools ...

Come on guys...
This is really unfair, if anything all or most Laker fans feel bad and regret that this ever happened.
Everyone on our board is blaming Bynum for his stupidity and thats as far as were going cause thats what it was a stupid late play by Bynum, nothing more nothing less.
I do realize that Wallace is one or the D best player on your team and him getting hurt or losing him is a big hit on this team, but it is what it is.
I mean I have come on here and shared my feelings about this whole incident and like all Lakers fan I wished it never happened, but this has absoultely nothing to do with basketball, this is a young man with a bright futures health and his well being we are talking about.
But anyways, as a Laker fan and a true friend I do regret this ever happening and believe me when I saw Wallace go down, I said to myself, I hope his not hurt and I kept saying come on man get up, and after wards when I heard he was hurt this bad I was very disapointed.
Best of Luck and my prayers are with him and your team.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#60 » by Bassman » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

TonyMontana wrote:
doc.end wrote:

Come on guys...
This is really unfair, if anything all or most Laker fans feel bad and regret that this ever happened.
Everyone on our board is blaming Bynum for his stupidity and thats as far as were going cause thats what it was a stupid late play by Bynum, nothing more nothing less.
I do realize that Wallace is one or the D best player on your team and him getting hurt or losing him is a big hit on this team, but it is what it is.
I mean I have come on here and shared my feelings about this whole incident and like all Lakers fan I wished it never happened, but this has absoultely nothing to do with basketball, this is a young man with a bright futures health and his well being we are talking about.
But anyways, as a Laker fan and a true friend I do regret this ever happening and believe me when I saw Wallace go down, I said to myself, I hope his not hurt and I kept saying come on man get up, and after wards when I heard he was hurt this bad I was very disapointed.
Best of Luck and my prayers are with him and your team.

Dude, you and others are not listening. I'm not calling Bynum bad, or full of anger or spit or anything. It IS what it is...a flagrant foul, and the result is a hospitalized player. PLAYER INJURY FROM A FLAGRANT FOUL SHOULD EQUAL SUSPENSION! This, for no other reason, than it was flagrant and resulted in the injury. All flagrant fouls deserve a fine and flags that cause injury to the player fouled deserve a big fine and suspension. You cannot treat basketball like football, or like a thug sport. These guys make too much money and are too valuable to their teams to lose time due to flagrant fouls.

See, it's kinda like NASCAR. You go bumping on a car, rub em a little so they get out of shape, that's called racin'. When you ram a car, creating a big wreck that injures drivers, you will sit out some races and get fined. In the NFL, if you hit someone helmet to helmet, resulting in an injury, you will sit out games and get fined.

Since it's the Lakers, nothing will be done. Large market teams get everything in this league, cause they own the market and demographic for the league. It's bad enough little ole Charlotte keeps beating them....guess it serves us right for trying to challenge the throne.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.

Return to Charlotte Hornets