ImageImage

Officially Waived: The Kai Jones Thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,181

Re: Officially Waived: The Kai Jones Thread 

Post#781 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:15 am

GoBobs wrote:I haven't thought he was good for a while, but I always liked him. I think we probably handled the whole thing poorly and he is just a goofy kid. If Bridges and Bouknight deserve a 2nd chance I guess he does, so I would bring him back for the lols. Plus Nick Richard is hurt.

Kids a **** idiot.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,553

Post#782 » by LofJ » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:28 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
GoBobs wrote:I haven't thought he was good for a while, but I always liked him. I think we probably handled the whole thing poorly and he is just a goofy kid. If Bridges and Bouknight deserve a 2nd chance I guess he does, so I would bring him back for the lols. Plus Nick Richard is hurt.

Kids a **** idiot.

I loved his attitude and athleticism when he was drafted, but yeah Kai has some issues between the ears.

Kai needs a less pressurized job to help him figure things out. The organization did right by him waiving him.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#783 » by fatlever » Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:47 am

I watched that entire hour-long podcast with him. He did seem mostly normal in the interview other than just being irrationally confident in his abilities. And the interview he said he was just dealing with the death of his grandmother and wasn't sleeping good and the Hornets were worried about him and told him they wanted to see a therapist he said he didn't want to go they asked him many times to go to the therapist he finally agreed went to I guess a session or two and then told the Hornets it wasn't really helping. Then they told him they didn't want him to come to Camp I guess until he worked out his issues. That's when he requested a trade. Mitch then told him that he didn't have any trade value and ended up cutting him. He did seem like he had no hard feelings towards the organization however. I'm sure there was a lot more than that that he didn't let on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,335

Post#784 » by KembaWalker » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:03 am

Wouldn't want to hold back the future multibillionaire rapper, artist, athlete Kai Jones by constraining him to a 3rd string center role.

Pretty sure until he went viral for losing his mind and throwing his career in the trash can, he wasnt even the most famous Kai Jones. Some skiing kid named Kai Jones would always come up first for me lol
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,181

Post#785 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:53 am

fatlever wrote:I watched that entire hour-long podcast with him. He did seem mostly normal in the interview other than just being irrationally confident in his abilities. And the interview he said he was just dealing with the death of his grandmother and wasn't sleeping good and the Hornets were worried about him and told him they wanted to see a therapist he said he didn't want to go they asked him many times to go to the therapist he finally agreed went to I guess a session or two and then told the Hornets it wasn't really helping. Then they told him they didn't want him to come to Camp I guess until he worked out his issues. That's when he requested a trade. Mitch then told him that he didn't have any trade value and ended up cutting him. He did seem like he had no hard feelings towards the organization however. I'm sure there was a lot more than that that he didn't let on.

When the Clippers who would absolutely love depth right now pass on you because even they think you aren't mentally okay to play basketball you have severe issues.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 65

Remember Kai Jones? 

Post#786 » by NMBSurfin » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,269

Re: Remember Kai Jones? 

Post#787 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:59 pm

Yeah I do and he has his own thread where his next failure can also be posted about in too.
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#788 » by NMBSurfin » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:Yeah I do and he has his own thread where his next failure can also be posted about in too.

tried to find it. after 5 pages I gave up
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,214

Post#789 » by SWedd523 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:48 pm

Second guy in recent weeks who doesn't know the Index exists
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,592

Post#790 » by HornetJail » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:00 am

NMBSurfin wrote:
Read on Twitter

not shocking in the slightest. Bouknight is a 6'5 guard who couldn't do anything and looked like he straight up hated basketball any time he got playing time, or was sitting on the bench. With Kai Jones, you can at least believe that someone with his rare size+athleticism can become at least a kind of interesting bench player with minimal development. Even if he straight up never develops, all Kai needs to do is keep his mouth and social media shut, and he'll get 10-days from like 5 more teams. Bouknight is probably looking at 2-3 [successful] years overseas before an NBA team even gives him a shot, players like him are already a dime a dozen, and most of them act like they want to be there.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,541

Post#791 » by GoBobs » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:20 am

Did we wave bouknight? I thought he was still on the team.

Kai was smart to leave when he did. We never gave Bouk any real opportunity after he stayed.

Kai and Bouk have had their problems. Hornets org has also been a **** show for the past 20 years.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,269

Post#792 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:10 am

GoBobs wrote:Did we wave bouknight? I thought he was still on the team.

Kai was smart to leave when he did. We never gave Bouk any real opportunity after he stayed.

Kai and Bouk have had their problems. Hornets org has also been a **** show for the past 20 years.

Kai was cut, he didn't leave.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#793 » by Bassman » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:53 am

Bouk and Kai, bad trades = worst draft in Hornets history.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#794 » by Rich4114 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:04 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
GoBobs wrote:Did we wave bouknight? I thought he was still on the team.

Kai was cut, he didn't leave.

Well after he talked trash on his teammates and requested a trade, he was waived. He needed mental help though.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#795 » by fatlever » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:48 pm

Bassman wrote:Bouk and Kai, bad trades = worst draft in Hornets history.
Don't forget about Thor who should be out of the league as well.

Return to Charlotte Hornets