ImageImage

Off Topic

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Re: Off Topic 

Post#41 » by UNCNYC » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:27 am

Congrats Tar Heel football for winning the coastal division. We now play Clemson for the ACC chip. Sucks that we lost to Notre Dame, which will probably derail any hopes of paying for the National title tho.

Either way, Drake Maye, is here to stay, and came to play. He'll be in the NFL one day, earning a great pay.

Go HEELS
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#42 » by fatlever » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:43 am

at least we have the world cup for a needed sports distraction.
lemme guess, pulisic rolls his ankle vs wales. then reyna, then adams...
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,369

Post#43 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:49 am

What are your prediction?

Personally, I don't think USA makes it out of the group. They're more talented than Wales & Iran, but the best players on USA are either not playing or not in good form.

Also rooting for someone besides France and Brazil to win. Argentina and Messi getting one would be cool. Hopefully a Croatia-like team can pull it off this time.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#44 » by fatlever » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:28 pm

brazil has always been my fave international team ever since i was a kid, so i always root for them. but if not them id just love to see some underdogs. netherlands is always fun. south korea has a soft spot in my heart as well. croatia would be cool or any african team like senegal.

i dont expect usa to get out of group. they've looked so bad lately. pulisic is in awful form.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#45 » by fatlever » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:52 am

i guess we better brace for the onslaught of new posters ready to bash mitch and mj once twitter dies and they need a new outlet. its us or reddit - 50/50.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#46 » by JDR720 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:10 am

fatlever wrote:i guess we better brace for the onslaught of new posters ready to bash mitch and mj once twitter dies and they need a new outlet. its us or reddit - 50/50.

Honestly, I'd welcome some new posters around here. We never recovered from all the Lin fans taking over years ago.

Although I'd suspect <99% of them to go to reddit if twitter blows up. But I have never looked at the hornets reddit so I don't know how popular it is (or isn't).
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#47 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:36 pm

Old school Hornets legend Gerry V passed away. If you don't know, Gerry was voice of hornets TV and local radio for the 90s.

Read on Twitter
?t=4R9IpDzw8VXvRX0Qb2TGGA&s=19

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#48 » by fatlever » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 pm

Is everyone else having problems seeing embedded tweets? On the app it just shows up as a broken html link.
Read on Twitter

And on desktop version on windows Chrome it's just a link you can click that takes you to Twitter.

I'm gonna try to start copying pasting text rather tham embedding. But that doesn't help for links to pics and vids. If others are having similar issues, I recommend we all just copy paste when it's text only.

Did Space Karen ruin this as well? Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM Forums mobile app
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#49 » by amcoolio » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:17 pm

I got into a fight with Gerry V that got be eventually banned on New Orleans Hornets report. I didn't like how cozy he sucked up to New Orleans and seemingly bashed Charlotte fans for not showing up :lol:

He also blocked me on facebook for commenting on another friends wall (fats may know him, Shawn Smith) about it
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#50 » by JDR720 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:15 pm

Thankfully Carolina are playing their way out of a top 5 pick so we can continue the QB carrousel for another year or two.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Gerry V Passes Away 

Post#51 » by Bassman » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Just learned that former broadcaster and radio personality Gerry Vaillancourt (72) passed away a few days ago. He covered the Hornets and was a big part of the local sports scene for many years. Followed the team when they were snatched away to New Orleans, and later returned to Charlotte to host a local show.

I knew Gerry and he was a great guy. I would call in to his talk show regularly, also doing some fun spoof calls imitating sports personalities (most often as Dickey V). Gerry had his family in Charlotte, and I’m glad he was able to spend his last years around them.

RIP V-Man.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by UNCNYC » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:20 pm

I hope Wilkks gets at least another year. I love what he's done so far. Not to mention he and I share the same birthday. He is a conservative coach but good with the current group. I wonder how Corral would be under him.... Might be a match made in heaven.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
amcoolio

Post#53 » by amcoolio » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:48 pm

Wilks has done admirable but I don't think his model is sustainable. We have a super bowl defense, we need creative offensive mind and a QB to get us over the hump.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,252

Post#54 » by JMAC3 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:17 pm

amcoolio wrote:Wilks has done admirable but I don't think his model is sustainable. We have a super bowl defense, we need creative offensive mind and a QB to get us over the hump.

Ehh what good offense have they stopped this year? Other than that one game vs Tampa.

They still need to massively improve QB (might have to move up) , a new RB, another Wr, a Tight End, maybe a new center depending what Bozeman gets offered in FA. Defense needs another pass rusher, another linebacker and a safety.

Also in terms of health, the defense has missed very little games for injury this year.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,204

Post#55 » by SWedd523 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:33 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
amcoolio wrote:Wilks has done admirable but I don't think his model is sustainable. We have a super bowl defense, we need creative offensive mind and a QB to get us over the hump.

Ehh what good offense have they stopped this year? Other than that one game vs Tampa.

They still need to massively improve QB (might have to move up) , a new RB, another Wr, a Tight End, maybe a new center depending what Bozeman gets offered in FA. Defense needs another pass rusher, another linebacker and a safety.

Also in terms of health, the defense has missed very little games for injury this year.

Carolina is dead last in Time of Possession. You can't expect a defense to be at the top of the league when they spend so much time on the field.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#56 » by JDR720 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 pm

They need a QB and a TE on offense. You don't need a star RB in todays league, the running attack may actually be a little better without CMac. The WR's are fine, DJ Moore is a legitimate #1 option.

On defense, they're pretty complete. Could always use another rusher.

This team has managed to win 4 games, entirely due to running the ball and defense. If this team even had average QB play, they'd win the division.

Which is why I'm very irritated that they probably won't have a top 3 pick. Currently picking 6th. Makes getting a QB more difficult. I can't handle recycling these bum QB"s another year.
amcoolio

Post#57 » by amcoolio » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:54 pm

JDR720 wrote:They need a QB and a TE on offense. You don't need a star RB in todays league, the running attack may actually be a little better without CMac. The WR's are fine, DJ Moore is a legitimate #1 option.

On defense, they're pretty complete. Could always use another rusher.

This team has managed to win 4 games, entirely due to running the ball and defense. If this team even had average QB play, they'd win the division.

Which is why I'm very irritated that they probably won't have a top 3 pick. Currently picking 6th. Makes getting a QB more difficult. I can't handle recycling these bum QB"s another year.

Unlike the NBA, tanking has shown not to work in the NFL. I'm fine with trading up for a QB if we really like someone (although that isn't always great either)

Imagine if we traded up for Wilson or Lance, how bad a hole we'd be in
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by UNCNYC » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:35 am

Maybe Carrol can be the QB we need. He seems like one of those game manager STUD guys who might work well with Wilks.

A good QB might make Wilks think he's Spurrier lol.

Wilks, and trading Cmac has made it kinda sorta fun to be a Panther fan again
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by UNCNYC » Sun Dec 4, 2022 9:45 pm

We are OLD AF. We are so old that remember when we used to watch basketball and they didn't show the scoreboard lmaooooo. You had no idea what the score was for about 5 straight series lol. Now they keep the score up the whole game.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#60 » by JDR720 » Fri Dec 9, 2022 5:02 am

Of course Baker leads the Rams on a 98 yard winning drive a day after we cut him.

Looked better in a game that he didn't even know anyone on the team than he did with us. Our coaches must suck really bad or something.

Return to Charlotte Hornets