Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,699

Re: Around the NBA 12 

Post#741 » by yosemiteben » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Listen to you guys.

Same forum where multiple posters proposed trading pick 3 plus Miles to move up to one.

Not to select Edwards, but to take Wiseman.

Next time you want to criticize takes by trying to generically mock old takes... Please don't.

This isn't new.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,382

Post#742 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

yosemiteben wrote:

Same forum where multiple posters proposed trading pick 3 plus Miles to move up to one.

Next time you want to criticize takes by trying to generically mock old takes... Please don't.

This isn't new.

The griping is fairly aged as well.
It has been written...
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#743 » by yosemiteben » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

This isn't new.

Assuming you are referring to me calling you out for this, that is correct, and it tends to be followed by you taking a voluntary vacation from the board. That's not something I want to happen, but we're also not going to tolerate you dredging up old takes to try to attack opinions from posters.

People can have whatever opinion they want and no one should be criticized for something they wanted the team to do like 4 or 5 years ago. The score boarding stuff is not going to be tolerated.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#744 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:Next time you want to criticize takes by trying to generically mock old takes... Please don't.

This isn't new.

Assuming you are referring to me calling you out for this, that is correct, and it tends to be followed by you taking a voluntary vacation from the board. That's not something I want to happen, but we're also not going to tolerate you dredging up old takes to try to attack opinions from posters.

People can have whatever opinion they want and no one should be criticized for something they wanted the team to do like 4 or 5 years ago. The score boarding stuff is not going to be tolerated.

No. Incorrect. IDGAF about your moderating. There's no check on the crying/griping about the team. It's unchecked, recycled, ancient complaints. It's the culture. I don't have to keep my mouth shut about it if it bothers me.

You want me to join instead?
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#745 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm

Let's all invent new ways to complain (that are identical to the old ways). And let's not complain about the complainers. It is their right. Not yours. Enjoy the forum! My name is Ben!
It has been written...
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,236

Post#746 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 pm

Twolves are about to play Denver, if Ant shows out in that series I will be a lot more ready to start to join the mainstream convo about him, but beating a disfunctional Suns team down a starter isn't quite enough for me to crown him MJ 2.0
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#747 » by MasterIchiro » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Twolves are about to play Denver, if Ant shows out in that series I will be a lot more ready to start to join the mainstream convo about him, but beating a disfunctional Suns team down a starter isn't quite enough for me to crown him MJ 2.0

He had one game where his highlights on Twitter made a case for him as a superstar. Stunning fears captured. I checked the box score thinking he dropped 50. He was 2-10.

NBA yearns for a fresh face as LeBron loses relevance in the postseason.
It has been written...
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#748 » by yosemiteben » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

No. Incorrect. IDGAF about your moderating. There's no check on the crying/griping about the team. It's unchecked, recycled, ancient complaints. It's the culture. I don't have to keep my mouth shut about it if it bothers me.

You want me to join instead?

I do not, because I think people have valid reasons to be frustrated with this team. It is hardly surprising that folks are not bubbling with optimism given that we haven't made the playoffs since 2016.

I also don't view it as my role as a mod to stop valid discussion just because it differs from my opinion.

MasterIchiro wrote:Let's all invent new ways to complain (that are identical to the old ways). And let's not complain about the complainers. It is their right. Not yours. Enjoy the forum! My name is Ben!

If you have a problem with the tone of posts on the board, please feel free to stop visiting it. Or feel free to engage in productive discussion about it.

You have been warned before and are now being warned again not to dredge up old takes to use to attack posters. That is not a productive way to address your concerns.

I am confident this is something you are capable of complying with.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,202

Post#749 » by SWedd523 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:32 pm

It seems strange to not be critical of a franchise that hasn't accomplished anything in 20 years aside from being one of the worst professional organizations in the entire world throughout that span.

3 playoff appearances in 20 years, two of them sweeps.

The Twolves just won more playoff games in this single series than we have TOTAL since George Bush was in office.

And we expect folks to be... chipper?

Is it battered wife syndrome or just some psuedo-intellectual superiority complex?

When the Hornets give reason for fans to be happy, the fans will be happy. Expecting otherwise when all of the other **** teams have dragged themselves out of ineptitude (expect the Pistons) is bordering on laughable.

I would expect folks who have been around this place for a decade+ to have some emotional intelligence and realize the whole Teal Colored Glasses BS doesn't really work anymore.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,707

Post#750 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Wolves are a touch matchup for Nuggets. That's going to be a fascinating series.

The ant v Melo debate... well that's about as much of a debate as the Donovan Mitchell v Malik monk was after one year.

Melo is more concerned about launching his brand of fashion than anything else... or at least that's how it appears to me. I am 100% in the camp of I'm done believing in melo until he gives me a reason to believe otherwise. The talent is there, but he has the maturity of a 13-year-old. We know this was the case with him when we drafted him, but I think we all expected him to at some point grow out of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#751 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:34 pm

Re: scoreboarding...

I concur with yb

Trying to mock people for an opinion they had 5 years ago on a player or a Direction or a team is one of the most insufferable mind-numbingly frustrating takes anyone can possibly bring to the board. Every single one of us has had some completely horrific opinions on players over the years. Anyone who says otherwise is completely full of s***.

JMAC3
RealGM

Post#752 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

I don't think it is very useful to try and slam LaMelo for not being Ant or slam the front office for not taking SGA... saying those guys are good players is really just front running with whatever the latest NBA news is. The Hornets could have picked both of those guys and if the organization didn't put them in position to succeed in the playoffs then it wouldn't really be any different than LaMelo.
Big Board
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#753 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 pm

But we can still be jealous at how ant sga Hali have all progressed as players.

JMAC3
RealGM

Post#754 » by JMAC3 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm

The NBA is a funny place right now, I feel like we really have 10+ teams that are championship or bust right now in Denver, Phoenix, Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Boston, Philly, Miami, Milwaukee, Miami... Are all 10 of these teams really supposed to just make massive changes at the end of the end of the year if they don't win the title? Especially when most were underdogs in the first round?

Twolves, Thunder, Knicks, Cavs all feel like if they can win a series and be competitive it isn't the end of the world, which is funny because they were all favored by seed line yet have lower expectations.

Phoenix pushed all their chips on the table for KD by giving up 2 starters and 4 firsts, 2 2nds and a swap. He will be 36 next year, I feel like trying to put the blame on Beal trade feels weird considering they gave up CP3, Shamet and 6 2nds basically for him. CP3 was awful in the playoffs last year, Beal was somehow better this year.
Big Board
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,299

Post#755 » by amcoolio » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:52 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:It's just astonishing to hear the what-if's, the bashing of our feature player, the trashing of the organization, the worship of orgs who haven't won **** either.

The NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL have 120+ teams and the Hornets are the worst of the 120. I think fans have earned the right to trash the organization until something tangible happens to change that fortune.

LaMelo could very easily not make an all star game ever again. You have to turn off the blinders and keep expectations in check, he isn’t a star or franchise player right now. That’s just the brutal reality. Only Hornets fans think he is. You realize that Houston fans wouldn’t even trade Sengun for LaMelo?
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Heelsfan119
Freshman
And1: 50

Post#756 » by Heelsfan119 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:05 pm

Holding the Hornets responsible for not taking Ant is a little much, there’s no way they could have without trading up. Now, the SGA thing is entirely different. :D
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#757 » by fatlever » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:45 pm

I don't think anyone is complaining that the Hornets didn't take ant.

Like you said, that was never an option since he went first. This is more a conversation about how they're really isn't a debate anymore between the two players being on the same level. And as I mentioned, being jealous of seeing other young Stars blossom in the playoffs while ours has spent the past two seasons out injured.

JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,361

Post#758 » by JDR720 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 pm

We've all at one point or another defended Melo against Ant and Haliburton fans who think those two are worlds better than Melo.

But of now, nobody can do that anymore unless they're being a homer. It's clear that Melo isn't in their class. Due to the injuries and how much time he misses.

It's his maturity, which calls into question how seriously he takes his injuries and being a pro in general, being the biggest issue too.

When MKG was hurt all the time, he didn't get this criticism. Partly because he wasn't on Melo's level. And partly because we generally knew MKG was a serious player and tried his best to play games. He was just frail and his playstyle led him to get hurt all the time.

But with Melo. From his flash, glam, goofing off on the bench during losses and all that. He sometimes, if not often, seems to want to be a glamourous influencer more than a professional athlete.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,580

Post#759 » by EmpireFalls » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm

I still think healthy LaMelo is just as good and potnetially has a higher ceiling than Haliburton. Not giving up that argument yet.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,261

Post#760 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 am

SWedd523 wrote:It seems strange to not be critical of a franchise that hasn't accomplished anything in 20 years aside from being one of the worst professional organizations in the entire world throughout that span.

3 playoff appearances in 20 years, two of them sweeps.

The Twolves just won more playoff games in this single series than we have TOTAL since George Bush was in office.

And we expect folks to be... chipper?

Is it battered wife syndrome or just some psuedo-intellectual superiority complex?

When the Hornets give reason for fans to be happy, the fans will be happy. Expecting otherwise when all of the other **** teams have dragged themselves out of ineptitude (expect the Pistons) is bordering on laughable.

I would expect folks who have been around this place for a decade+ to have some emotional intelligence and realize the whole Teal Colored Glasses BS doesn't really work anymore.

Amen

Return to Charlotte Hornets