ImageImage

BrandHIM Miller: The Brandon Miller Thread

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,261

Re: The Brandon Miller Thread 

Post#61 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 18, 2023 6:08 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski says NBA teams finding no red flags with Alabama's Brandon Miller:

“They are finding a young man who they say is mature, focused, who’s character and his habits are actually an asset in their evaluation of him.”
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#62 » by amcoolio » Thu May 18, 2023 7:11 pm

BeesWax wrote:Of the comparisons I have seen the ones I like.
Miller: High end - Middleton Low End - Joe Harris
Scoot: High end - Prime Rose Low End - Eric Bledsoe

Middleton is a nice player to have, but #2 pick? This team needs another star, since I don't think Miles will get there at this point. Someone that can take over games and increase wins. LaMelo definitely has it. He needs help.

Brandon Miller needs to be really, really good on defense and be able to secondary playmake to work with this Hornets team.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
vexco
Pro Prospect
And1: 188

Post#63 » by vexco » Thu May 18, 2023 7:16 pm

amcoolio wrote:

Middleton is a nice player to have, but #2 pick? This team needs another star, since I don't think Miles will get there at this point. Someone that can take over games and increase wins. LaMelo definitely has it. He needs help.

Brandon Miller needs to be really, really good on defense and be able to secondary playmake to work with this Hornets team.

His high end is more Paul George imo who would be great to have.
mapquest me
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#64 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:26 pm

amcoolio wrote:

I think Middleton is a good mid tier comp for sure, but would hardly say that was his ceiling. but yes... If Miller doesn't add strength, is a meh athlete after all and isn't quite a superstar but an Allstar that wouldn't be a bad pick. He is taller and longer than Middleton also.

Middleton was 3 year guy in college who never avg more than 14 ppg and was a 2nd round pick. They aren't the same level of prospects. Most of the guys that have similar prospect profiles to Miller are even better than Middleton.

I would say
Tippy Top Tier- Paul George
Top Tier- Brandon Ingram
Mid Tier- Khris Middleton
Low Tier - Cam Johnson
Low Low Tier- Davis Bertans
Big Board
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,206

Post#65 » by SWedd523 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:38 pm

amcoolio wrote:

I kind of view it as the opposite. Miller is the most clear and seamless fit for this roster.

2nd worst shooting team in the league gets the best shooter in the draft who provides potentially 3 position coverage and insurance in the event they want to move on from any of Terry, Miles, or PJ, can fit alongside any of those guys, has enough BBIQ to secondary facilitate and spaces the floor for Melo. He also allows them to run a super-sized lineup with Melo, Miles, Miller, PJ, and Mark all being 6'7 or taller.
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 523

Post#66 » by cornchip » Thu May 18, 2023 7:40 pm

amcoolio wrote:

I would love to have a Middleton type player for the next 10 years.

This was projected to be a weak draft...if we could get an all-star, #2 on a championship team type player, then that's more than fine imo.
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#67 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:47 pm

Playmaking is so incredibly difficult for wings to showcase in college too.
Realistically that is where Miller is either an awesome pick or a decent one IMO.
I expect him to be a good shooter and therefore solid scorer, but the icing will be if he adds the ability to be a 4-6 apg guy.

Ingram, Tatum, KD, Miller etc... were like 2 apg in college.
Big Board
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,108

Post#68 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu May 18, 2023 7:51 pm

Miller is not going to be KD. Miller in my opinion will be Mikal Bridges. And that's a pretty damn good player.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,536

Post#69 » by GoBobs » Thu May 18, 2023 7:57 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Miller is not going to be KD. Miller in my opinion will be Mikal Bridges. And that's a pretty damn good player.

I don't know if he will be that good on defense. What about just trading for Mikal Bridges instead of drafting Miller though. Really good defensive player, good 3pt shooter, great ft shooter, scored an efficient 20 ppg last year and 26 ppg in his last 27 with then Nets. He would also add playoff experience from his time with Suns and Nets.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#70 » by SWedd523 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:08 pm

I'd probably trade the pick for Mikal
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#71 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:12 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Miller is not going to be KD. Miller in my opinion will be Mikal Bridges. And that's a pretty damn good player.

Is anyone comparing him to KD?
You should really never compare anyone to Shaq, Curry, LeBron, KD, Jordan.... it simply isn't going to happen 99.9% of the time.
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,705

Post#72 » by yosemiteben » Thu May 18, 2023 8:14 pm

SWedd523 wrote:I'd probably trade the pick for Mikal

I'd seriously consider it.
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#73 » by JMAC3 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:40 pm

yosemiteben wrote:

I would probably pass because that is paying top dollar for him after a career 27 game stretch.
I like him a lot, but 2 is stretching it. I would probably be all about it at 5 though.
Big Board
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,387

Post#74 » by JDR720 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:49 pm

Rays Pompadour
Senior
And1: 423

Post#75 » by Rays Pompadour » Thu May 18, 2023 9:39 pm

JDR720 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271622/Brandon-Miller-Not-Currently-In-Great-Shape-Interviews-Have-Not-Gone-Great

From the wiretap: ""I would put it 60 percent Brandon Miller at two, 40 percent Scoot Henderson. I do think they're going to have trade conversations too. I would be shocked if they traded [the pick]. They would be out of their minds honestly. The best thing in the world that could have happened for them is getting the No. 2 pick."

Well, getting the #1 pick would be the best thing that could have happened for the Hornets. But I digress...

Brandon Miller is a kid. Same as all these young boys who aren't yet legal for a beer. Expecting the youngsters to suddenly grow up and be ultra-productive is simply not realistic. Miller will need some time, maturity, added bulk and strength to truly contribute to a playoff caliber Hornets team.

Now, this off court stuff we're hearing about his conditioning and interviews - I could care less. He's a frickin' kid. A child. I remember 20. It's a dangerous age.

If you want to measure a prospect's potential adjustment to the rigors and demands of the NBA, just watch who he puts around him. Is his entourage full of buddies hanging around to smoke the weed and crash his XBox? Or is there a mom included? A mentor, a father figure? Does he have a similar support system as Lamelo had coming out? He's from Nashville, so not that far away. As for me, I'm watching the homies.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,263

Post#76 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu May 18, 2023 10:26 pm

GoBobs wrote:

I don't know if he will be that good on defense. What about just trading for Mikal Bridges instead of drafting Miller though. Really good defensive player, good 3pt shooter, great ft shooter, scored an efficient 20 ppg last year and 26 ppg in his last 27 with then Nets. He would also add playoff experience from his time with Suns and Nets.

Because Bridges isn't team and cost controlled for 7+ years.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,263

Post#77 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu May 18, 2023 10:28 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:

I would probably pass because that is paying top dollar for him after a career 27 game stretch.
I like him a lot, but 2 is stretching it. I would probably be all about it at 5 though.

Yes that would be a textbook example of buying high. Bridges is being looked at through very rose-coloured glasses right now.
SWedd523
RealGM

Post#78 » by SWedd523 » Thu May 18, 2023 10:49 pm

I don't even care about the extra scoring. he's a all defensive team contender every year who can shoot and has shown the ability and willingness to be a focal point. That's a perfect fit at the 2 and pretty much exactly what we hope Miller can be. Still only 26, has playoff experience, and is well liked by his teammates. You could do a lot worse
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 998

Post#79 » by wilson115 » Thu May 18, 2023 11:38 pm

JDR720 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/271622/Brandon-Miller-Not-Currently-In-Great-Shape-Interviews-Have-Not-Gone-Great

Lowe says Scoot not doing much to develop his second year in the G-league basically opened the door for Miller. Givony says the consensus at the combine is Miller at #2, says Mitch was on hand and ecstatic when Miller went off for 41 against the Gamecocks. But he still thinks Scoot has a great chance to impress in the workout thanks to his tools.

SWedd523
RealGM

Post#80 » by SWedd523 » Fri May 19, 2023 6:06 am

Return to Charlotte Hornets