Fake Trade Thread #6

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Re: Fake Trade Thread #6 

Post#21 » by Bassman » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:18 pm

Also from ESPN Tracker (FWIW):

12 p.m. ET: Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges could have a new home after the trade deadline, reports Brian Windhorst on "The Hoop Collective." Bridges has veto power over any potential trade, because he signeda one-year deal this past offseason. "It looks like there's a good chance the Hornets are going to move Miles Bridges," Windhorst said.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#22 » by Braggins » Wed Feb 7, 2024 6:55 pm

LofJ wrote:Seems like the team is also asking to be compensated for taking on Holmes:

Read on Twitter

I would want a 1st to swap PJ for Green. Theres no reason to trade PJ (or Richards) unless someone wants to overpay for them. If this is true then good job imo.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,253

Post#23 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:39 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Most likely trade Hornets make?

Bryce McGowens for Xavier Tillman.

Not the right deal, but that is 2/2 with me calling Grizz trading centers.
Do I work for Memphis? Basically.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#24 » by Rich4114 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:49 pm

Braggins wrote:
LofJ wrote:Seems like the team is also asking to be compensated for taking on Holmes:

Read on Twitter

I would want a 1st to swap PJ for Green. Theres no reason to trade PJ (or Richards) unless someone wants to overpay for them. If this is true then good job imo.

If you watch the Hornets closely, namely Richards it would be a blessing to trade him and reset at C2. His stats look good, but he is a bull in a china shop out there.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 843

Post#25 » by KingCat » Wed Feb 7, 2024 7:59 pm

Well Tillman just went to Boston for some future 2nd rounders. Guess we know what Richards could net us now.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#26 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:06 pm

KingCat wrote:Well Tillman just went to Boston for some future 2nd rounders. Guess we know what Richards could net us now.

Tillman is an expiring due for a pay raise, doubt he is a better value than Richards at 2/10 the 2 additional seasons a team would be getting. I think Tillman is the better player, but contract definitely will favor Nick.
Big Board
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,558

Post#27 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Feb 7, 2024 8:55 pm

Soul Rebel wrote:Am I wrong to want to keep Miles if the return is trash (2nd rounders + journeymen)?

I know we will have a lot of cap space, but who's coming to Charlotte that is a better talent than Miles, makes us a better team and their skills/age fit our timeline?

I'd rather pay Miles to be our 4 with an uber-talented 6'7" SF and stout 7'0" C on either side of him. I think if we can get a top-3 selection and snag a SG that compliments 'Melo with the ceiling of Miller, we are set 1-5.

If we were to structure Miles' deal to be super team-friendly with clauses to protect CLT from any more legal/troublemaking issues, why not lock him in for three years. He said he wants to be here.....not a common thought around the league from other players.

Get a coach that knows how to lead a squad that has this much young talent. Cliff ain't it.
Miles is saying he wants to stay in Charlotte because he knows that's the best chance for him to get his numbers. His agent is Rich Paul and they will not do us any favors.

A team like the Pistons can offer him a boatload of money. We lost his bird rights.

If we keep him we better be prepared to pay a lot of money. I'll leave it at that.
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,163

Post#28 » by Braggins » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:12 pm

Rich4114 wrote:If you watch the Hornets closely, namely Richards it would be a blessing to trade him and reset at C2. His stats look good, but he is a bull in a china shop out there.

I would agree that he is less effective than his production would indicate, but he is still fine as a backup center for the next couple years. Mark is their main guy and PJ also should ideally be playing some of his minutes at center. They have Nnaji as their developmental 3rd string guy next season. Trading him for neutral value is just wheel spinning imo. Id be cool trading him for an overpay in pick value or attaching him to 2nd round picks for an upgrade somewhere if someone better is available.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#29 » by Bassman » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:14 pm

Yes Miles knows his biggest contract is via staying here, then playing or getting traded right after, so his desire to stay is much of that. I do think he genuinely likes playing with Melo and some others here. But it’s a business and they know it.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,558

Post#30 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:17 pm

Bassman wrote:Yes Miles knows his biggest contract is via staying here, then playing or getting traded right after, so his desire to stay is much of that. I do think he genuinely likes playing with Melo and some others here. But it’s a business and they know it.

I just don't want us to lose him for nothing.

People are crazy if they think he's taking a discount to stay here.

Teams like Philly who are contending can also offer him a lot of money. If we aren't prepared to pay him it's best we trade him for what we can get. The reason he is a FA is because we weren't offering him what he thought he was worth.
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#31 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:24 pm

Miles case in a nutshell...

Outsiders: He isn't that good, plus he will walk.

Me: Well we need more than that

Outsiders: He isn't good, are you going to pay him 40 million?

Me: If he isn't good why would he get 40 million?

Outsiders: Pistons are dumb and will pay it

Me: So if Pistons don't offer him, nobody else will?

Outsiders: STFU, Hornets are bad give him to me for nothing....
Big Board
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#32 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:25 pm

It would suck if we trade Miles for virtually nothing. Then this summer teams aren't confident in him and he signs for something like 3/60 with some other team.
Big Board
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#33 » by JMAC3 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 9:41 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Monte would of been a solid get for us, but wonder who Detroit cuts.
Troy Brown or Shake would be a solid add.
Big Board
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 997

Post#34 » by wilson115 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:08 pm

It means they don't trust Miles re-signs with us if they do trade him. All there is to it.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,262

Post#35 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:13 pm

Rich4114 wrote:
Braggins wrote:

Read on Twitter

If you watch the Hornets closely, namely Richards it would be a blessing to trade him and reset at C2. His stats look good, but he is a bull in a china shop out there.

If we trade Richards, who is going to set the screens for Miller? He gets about 10 points per game off Richards' screens.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,701

Post#36 » by yosemiteben » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:27 pm

Random reminder for anyone that is hyper active on twitter and needs it:

Read on Twitter
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#37 » by amcoolio » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:30 pm

I just want Bouknight off the team so he stops hanging around LaMelo at this point
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 997

Post#38 » by wilson115 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:40 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:
Braggins wrote:I would want a 1st to swap PJ for Green. Theres no reason to trade PJ (or Richards) unless someone wants to overpay for them. If this is true then good job imo.

If we trade Richards, who is going to set the screens for Miller? He gets about 10 points per game off Richards' screens.

Good point. Suddenly there's a gazillion uploads about B-Mill's breakout and Nick practically co-stars.

fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#39 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 7, 2024 10:50 pm

amcoolio wrote:I just want Bouknight off the team so he stops hanging around LaMelo at this point

keeping him on the roster was as baffling as keeping frank after the broken leg. bouk, at best, was kept only for trade salary purposes, meaning he is completely useless come friday. he won't be back here next year in any scenario. we aren't playing him, even when everyone is hurt. we haven't sent him to swarm for game time. so we're left with a disgruntled, immature malcontent with legal issues to hang around a bunch of other young impressionable rookies. baffling decision for a team needing a culture reset.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,371

Post#40 » by JDR720 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 11:33 pm

How is it possible that Josh Green shoots 50/40/60?

Has a 40% 3pt ever shooter ever been that bad a FT shooter?

Return to Charlotte Hornets