ImageImage

Hornets hire Jeff Peterson as Head of Basketball Ops.

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Re: Hornets hire Jeff Peterson as Head of Basketball Ops. 

Post#61 » by Rich4114 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:57 pm

I get Peterson has been saying nice things about Clifford, it sounds like they have a pretty good relationship. But what should our actual concern be that he brings Cliff back? I mean, he was always supposed to be a stop gap coach right? We need a coach with a more modern approach and one who understands current offense. Cliff wants to run an iso heavy 5 out offense which we have never had the personnel for nor is that a recipe to win games. I am just hoping they mutually part ways at the end of the season at this point.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,555

Post#62 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:10 pm

We are not bringing Clifford back. They are saying nice things because Clifford is a good person. New staff always hire their guy. They want to change the culture and bring their own people in.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,199

Post#63 » by Rich4114 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:31 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:We are not bringing Clifford back. They are saying nice things because Clifford is a good person. New staff always hire their guy. They want to change the culture and bring their own people in.

Bringing Clifford back would honestly be our nightmare.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,296

Post#64 » by KembaWalker » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:46 pm

I was willing to let Cliff have one more chance to impress me after that deadline but says it all that the team looked better than it ever had before having time to sit and practice his system.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,369

Post#65 » by JDR720 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:58 pm

Rich4114 wrote:I get Peterson has been saying nice things about Clifford, it sounds like they have a pretty good relationship. But what should our actual concern be that he brings Cliff back? I mean, he was always supposed to be a stop gap coach right? We need a coach with a more modern approach and one who understands current offense. Cliff wants to run an iso heavy 5 out offense which we have never had the personnel for nor is that a recipe to win games. I am just hoping they mutually part ways at the end of the season at this point.

It's the over the top praise. It's like Clifford is his long lost dad that came back into his life or something.

I don't think we'll bring him back. But I wouldn't be surprised either.
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,549

Post#66 » by LofJ » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:59 pm

KembaWalker wrote:I was willing to let Cliff have one more chance to impress me after that deadline but says it all that the team looked better than it ever had before having time to sit and practice his system.

This, I don't it's a coincidence that the offense tanked once the new players absorbed Clifford's offense.

It's not as if teams didn't have scouting reports on Grant, Mann, Micic, Bertans, and Curry.

Return to Charlotte Hornets