ImageImage

GT: Charlotte vs Wizards 3/8 7PM EST

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,106

Re: GT: Charlotte vs Wizards 3/8 7PM EST 

Post#21 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:11 am

Bassman wrote:The shine has definitely faded on our trade bump, possibly due to the injury plague, but also think these guys are hitting a wall. Miles with too many minutes, and Miller stretching his rookie year boundary for stamina.

Hell even the guys we traded for can't stay healthy for us. Lol I've never seen anything like it
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,640

Post#22 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:11 am

Of course it's the Hornets who ends Washington's 16 games losing streak.

Oh well at least we have a top 5 pick incoming. I'm already looking forward to the draft lottery in a couple months. :D
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,640

Post#23 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:13 am

yosemiteben wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
CuseMayne wrote:Every few games Brandon Miller gets in early foul trouble. Gotta clean that up for next year.

Every game Miller gets fouled and the refs swallow their whistle. He was literally hacked twice last game on the same possession and the refs didn't call anything. I think that's when Clifford picked up the tech. :lol:

Still not a defense to him having to sit on the bench when we desperately need him. Dude has got to be smarter with these fouls.

I agree.

I think a new HC will hold him more accountable. Clifford love him as a person, but he's not that kind of coach.
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 847

Post#24 » by KingCat » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:16 am

Man two losses to Detriot and ending the Wizards 16 game loss streak. Just another historically embarrassing season under this franchise's cap.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,106

Post#25 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:20 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
yosemiteben wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Every game Miller gets fouled and the refs swallow their whistle. He was literally hacked twice last game on the same possession and the refs didn't call anything. I think that's when Clifford picked up the tech. :lol:

Still not a defense to him having to sit on the bench when we desperately need him. Dude has got to be smarter with these fouls.

I agree.

I think a new HC will hold him more accountable. Clifford love him as a person, but he's not that kind of coach.

Instead of throwing him on the bench Clifford let's him try to play through it. I think that's better for his development than anything.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,387

Post#26 » by JDR720 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:28 am

Next few games

Nets, Pistons, Memphis.

Over/under 1.5 wins.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#27 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 9, 2024 2:29 am

The injuries are the primary factor in the Hornets record, but this coach can't continue here. He did not manage stamina well through the 2 years of injuries. He kept a short rotation and kept fresh legs glued to the bench. Miles can't make outside shots. Miller looks extremely fatigued. Grant Williams is just kind of a blob right now. He and Miles have to work on their conditioning. But the minutes distribution and the length of the rotation factor into conditioning. I do feel bad for Clifford.

But after 2 bottom 5 seasons with these players, he's in no position to win buy-in. What a huge disservice to keep him past the deadline.

It renders these games meaningless for next season. Sure, Peterson gets 20 games to evaluate the players, but they will be playing under a completely different system.

So what's the point? They couldn't find a coach in time. Clifford is really the last resort and still standing in the way or the new era of Hornets basketball.

It's a deflating loss to a really terrible Wizards team.
It has been written...
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,959

Post#28 » by Diop » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:28 am

It’s gotta be part of the tanking now surely.
Clifford says he will always play the best players to win, so there is a rotation of injuries to make sure winning is near impossible
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,712

Post#29 » by fatlever » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:32 am

i don't care how many guys you have injured. there is no excuse for our offense to ever be this bad. that was unacceptable.
and 4th q defense was god awful.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#30 » by fatlever » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:38 am

if thor and bryce are on this roster next year i'm gonna lose my **** mind.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#31 » by fatlever » Sat Mar 9, 2024 7:39 am

honestly wish they would cut them now and try out some guys on 10-days. you never know. you might find something worth keeping around for training camp.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#32 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Mar 9, 2024 12:14 pm

The thing that irks about the failed auditions of Thor and Bryce is that Clifford recently had Bryce ahead of Nick Smith Jr. when Curry went down. It was only when Mann went down when NSJ returned to NBA action. The first round sniper looks gun-shy all of a sudden. His confidence is shot.

Clifford buried Monk beneath a pile of MCW and PJ Hairston.

He hates small scoring guards. But any modern offense needs those quicker players to break the perimeter, touch the paint and pressure the rim.

Clifford has favored the marginal gains on defense in favor of the whopping upside on offense. It's clear Bryce and Thor will never score in this league by now. But they get the royal treatment.

Bouknight failed his audition but coming from being a pure scorer in college through the same draft as Thor, it's JT who's been greenlighted. Thor has more career shot attempts.

And I don't see anything in the defense of Thor and Bryce worth burying NSJ like another Malik Monk.
It has been written...

Return to Charlotte Hornets