52%

Total votes: 31

KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,232

Re: Quick Poll: Redick or Lee? 

Post#21 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 1, 2024 2:47 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:Redick had a hissyfit about being traded away from his family in New York, not sure why he’s suddenly ok with being a coach in Charlotte for probably a third of what he was making there

Also keep in mind that Redick essentially had the easiest job you can have in the NBA, his job was basically to practice and execute the same 2-3 actions for every game whilst being given the easiest perimeter defensive assignment every time down the floor for his entire career. Never was put into any kind of floor decision making role, was never a standout locker room leader

He is charismatic, handsome, and branded himself as “the smart guy in the room” when the room consists of Kendrick Perkins, Stephen A Smith, Paul Pierce etc. not exactly a high bar

When did get traded from New York? lol

Right, I should have been more clear. I assumed people here were actually familiar with the career of the guy they are staunchly vouching for HC. The Pelicans refused to trade him to Brooklyn where his family lives and he was a giant crybaby over it saying he could not be away from them
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,198

Post#22 » by Rich4114 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:11 pm

I am on team JJ if it's between JJ and Lee, but Lee would be a fine choice too. I just wish we went all in on Bud though.
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,233

Post#23 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:12 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:Redick had a hissyfit about being traded away from his family in New York, not sure why he’s suddenly ok with being a coach in Charlotte for probably a third of what he was making there

Also keep in mind that Redick essentially had the easiest job you can have in the NBA, his job was basically to practice and execute the same 2-3 actions for every game whilst being given the easiest perimeter defensive assignment every time down the floor for his entire career. Never was put into any kind of floor decision making role, was never a standout locker room leader

He is charismatic, handsome, and branded himself as “the smart guy in the room” when the room consists of Kendrick Perkins, Stephen A Smith, Paul Pierce etc. not exactly a high bar

Right, I should have been more clear. I assumed people here were actually familiar with the career of the guy they are staunchly vouching for HC. The Pelicans refused to trade him to Brooklyn where his family lives and he was a giant crybaby over it saying he could not be away from them

Oh man, seems like the narrative we should be talking about. Defining moment of his 15 year career lol. This is such a weak take :lol:
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#24 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 1, 2024 3:56 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Oh man, seems like the narrative we should be talking about. Defining moment of his 15 year career lol. This is such a weak take :lol:

Great counter point
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#25 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:15 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

Great counter point

It is just the weakest argument I have ever seen, no need for a counter point.
Big Board
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#26 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 1, 2024 4:31 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Great counter point

Yeah I’m looking into actual history of the guy in his career whereas his supporters here’s platform is “hurrr I just like him! He’s uhh..different!”
JMAC3
RealGM

Post#27 » by JMAC3 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:56 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
Great counter point

Yeah I’m looking into actual history of the guy in his career whereas his supporters here’s platform is “hurrr I just like him! He’s uhh..different!”

Yes, in 15 year the worst thing he did was request to be traded somewhere at the deadline...knowing he was about to retire in 2 months at age 36. What a jerk lol. Then he showed up in Dallas, became good friends with Luka while playing in 13 games, what a problem child.

Let's ignore he played for 5 other teams before that, didn't hardly play his 2nd year in the league. Didn't become a full-time starter until yr 8 of his career. No reputation for being a bad character guy during all that, but yes let's make sure to make a huge deal about a request to be traded near his family at the deadline of his final year of his career.

Then has since become a broadcaster, tv personality, successful podcaster.. dude again seems like a nightmare of a person. :crazy:
Big Board
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#28 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 1, 2024 5:05 pm

JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:

Yes, in 15 year the worst thing he did was request to be traded somewhere at the deadline...knowing he was about to retire in 2 months at age 36. What a jerk lol. Then he showed up in Dallas, became good friends with Luka while playing in 13 games, what a problem child.

Let's ignore he played for 5 other teams before that, didn't hardly play his 2nd year in the league. Didn't become a full-time starter until yr 8 of his career. No reputation for being a bad character guy during all that, but yes let's make sure to make a huge deal about a request to be traded near his family at the deadline of his final year of his career.

Then has since become a broadcaster, tv personality, successful podcaster.. dude again seems like a nightmare of a person. :crazy:

It wasn’t stated as a critique on his character I’m simply wondering how being away from New York with his immovable family is dealbreaker for him at 18 million salary but somehow he’s going to be fully happy and invested in Charlotte for less than half that, in a less fun, far more stressful and time intensive job. I find it unlikely
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,538

Post#29 » by LofJ » Wed May 1, 2024 5:18 pm

KembaWalker wrote:
JMAC3 wrote:
KembaWalker wrote:

It wasn’t stated as a critique on his character I’m simply wondering how being away from New York with his immovable family is dealbreaker for him at 18 million salary but somehow he’s going to be fully happy and invested in Charlotte for less than half that, in a less fun, far more stressful and time intensive job. I find it unlikely

Redick has talked a lot about how he misses the NBA grind and brotherhood. And as I said earlier he also has a lot of family connections in the region. So maybe the idea of raising his kids in NC instead of Brooklyn appeals to him? I get that the organization has been a raging dumpster fire for 20 years, but it's not that crazy that Redick has interest in coaching the team.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#30 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu May 2, 2024 9:10 pm

If we're going to hire Redick better do it before the Lakers fire Ham.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,699

Post#31 » by yosemiteben » Thu May 2, 2024 9:12 pm

I might prefer Ham honestly, and not because I'd hate Redick.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,551

Post#32 » by EmpireFalls » Fri May 3, 2024 1:54 am

I wouldn’t hate Darvin Ham. Yes, I’m serious. He’ll have something to prove.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,419

Post#33 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 3:57 am

Now the Lakers are interested in JJ lmao

Might as well hire Lee. No way JJ chooses us over LA.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,103

Post#34 » by Liver_Pooty » Fri May 3, 2024 3:57 am

Just hire Redick already.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
KembaWalker
General Manager

Post#35 » by KembaWalker » Fri May 3, 2024 11:18 am

Good thing for you guys about Redick to LA is that he’ll be available again in 2 years
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,359

Post#36 » by JDR720 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:22 am

yosemiteben wrote:I might prefer Ham honestly, and not because I'd hate Redick.

Wasn't Ham a finalist here when we hired Borrego too?

May've messed up interviewing Lee and Redick as finalists before the playoff coaches get canned.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,201

Post#37 » by SWedd523 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:24 am

I do thoroughly enjoy the "Just sign Player X", "Just hire Coach Y" comments as if contracts don't work on a two way street
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,296

Post#38 » by amcoolio » Fri May 3, 2024 6:45 pm

Pretty sure we wanted Ham and he chose the Lakers over us. And I'm pretty sure it was mentioned multiple times that that was a mistake for Ham because Lebron fires coaches quickly

Can't hire Ham now though, I am done with recently fired coaches for both the Hornets and Panthers
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,699

Post#39 » by yosemiteben » Fri May 3, 2024 7:34 pm

I'm on board with Ham, would be happy with that hire.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 940

Post#40 » by Robot Rock » Sat May 4, 2024 1:43 am

Ham couldn't win with a better lineup in LA, but I could definitely see the Hornets hiring him if Lee bails.

Return to Charlotte Hornets