ImageImage

2024 NBA Draft Prospect: Zaccharie Risacher

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,104

2024 NBA Draft Prospect: Zaccharie Risacher 

Post#1 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue May 7, 2024 1:40 am

Just spent half an hour watching him on YouTube. I like the kid.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Prospect: Zaccharie Risacher 

Post#2 » by Bassman » Tue May 7, 2024 9:07 pm

I do think his skill set is among the best overall coming into this draft. Have no idea how well it translates to NBA level, but like most of these kids, it will take time to mature and max out potential. I could see him fitting in nicely beside our core. But…I want to know where his head and heart are at. How determined is he to achieve greatness? What is his work ethic? The last person I want here is another French dude who brings lassie fare effort. Per Bleacher Report:

STRENGTHS

Shotmaking/perimeter scoring
Risacher is shooting over 40 percent from three this season and is a consistent shooter, especially off the catch. He has a quick, high release with little load time. He's also shooting well sprinting hard off screens and curling into shots.
He'll occasionally hit a pull-up or step-back, and while he isn't as efficient converting off self-creation, it's clearly a shot in his bag that's improvable with more reps.

Runner game
Though Risacher isn't the most advanced ball-handler, he will get run off the three-point line because of his accuracy. He's also demonstrated a comfort level making one-foot runners in the lane, which is an important shot for a scorer who won't be a major ball-screen or isolation threat early.

Defensive upside
Between Risacher's point-of-attack defense, versatility and court coverage, he has the chance to be a highly effective defender with his positional size, length and foot speed.

WEAKNESSES

Creation
The game and teammates too often dictate Risacher's level of involvement, as opposed to him being able to take more control. Part of that is related to his current role, but even when he does get a chance to create, his handle seems vulnerable and limiting in the half court's tighter windows.
Most of the self-creation he flashes results in lower-percentage jumpers. He doesn't get to the free-throw line often. And he averages fewer than 1.0 assists per game, a scary number for his position.
Free throws
With improved shooting the key reason behind Risacher's resurgence toward the top of draft boards, it's somewhat worrisome to see that he makes only 69.4 percent of his free throws.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,720

Post#3 » by MPM » Wed May 8, 2024 1:33 pm

I soured on him after watching more and more footage. Just see him maxing out as a capable role player with a middling motor. Don't quite see the reason for the love from some draftniks. Nothing pops with him. Maybe in a few years he makes for an OK third wheel but that's not what I'm shooting for if I'm picking top 3/4.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,655

Post#4 » by EmpireFalls » Wed May 8, 2024 2:07 pm

He is the equivalent of hitting it middle of the fairway and/or choking up on the bat and trying to get a single or double

The issue is, trying to do that can be a much bigger risk than you might think at the time. There isn’t really “safe” in the modern NBA anymore, imo.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,369

Post#5 » by JDR720 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:46 pm

Very high bust potential to me. https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

After making nearly half of his 3s in his first 34 games this season, Risacher has made only 24.5 percent in the 14 since. It’s possible that his hot streak was nothing more than that. In his first three years playing pro, he made only 32 percent of his 3s, so his recent percentage is a lot closer to his historic norm. In all four pro seasons, he's also made only 71.1 percent of his free throws. And Synergy says he also makes just 29.4 percent of his dribble jumpers and only 40 percent of his floaters. So it’s not like he has a particularly soft touch from that range. Regardless, it’s easy to see a squad like the Bulls, who once took a swing on Patrick Williams, try to do the same thing with a potential 3-and-D guy like Risacher.

Seems like a streaky shooter than can't create his own shot.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#6 » by fatlever » Wed May 8, 2024 4:56 pm

All Hornets pod with plow did a good segment on him recently. Check it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 841

Post#7 » by KingCat » Fri May 17, 2024 11:56 pm

Definitely take him if he falls. I just can't see Detriot passing on him
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?
JMAC3
RealGM
And1: 4,252

Post#8 » by JMAC3 » Yesterday 7:23 pm

He has 25 pts, 4th quarter just now starting.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,553

Post#9 » by JustBuzzin » Yesterday 8:21 pm

JMAC3 wrote:He has 25 pts, 4th quarter just now starting.

Is he creating off the dribble?

From what I have seen of his highlights he gets most of his buckets off of screens and catch n shoot. He also is very good at cutting to the rim for the dunk/layup.

He's 3rd on my board as a 3&D type prospect. He can fit on any team so that is a plus.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#10 » by fatlever » Yesterday 8:30 pm

Rockets and pistons could really use his skillset. I can't see any way he drops to six.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,307

Post#11 » by amcoolio » Yesterday 9:04 pm

He is lightyears ahead of Holland. Stiff, but still looks like MPJ on the court
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
KingCat
Sixth Man
And1: 841

Post#12 » by KingCat » Yesterday 9:27 pm

I personally think he is one of the few prospects in the top 6 that doesn't have high bust potential. High floor decently high ceiling to me. Too bad be gone by our pick.
Your Charlotte Hornets! We’ll eventually get something right;right?

Return to Charlotte Hornets