ImageImage

DRAFT LOTTERY 24

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

DRAFT LOTTERY 24 

Post#1 » by Chapelchilla » Sat May 11, 2024 2:58 pm

I guess we could use a thread for the lottery tomorrow. I think we may just win this one! Or drop to 4th. Get out those juju's!
I would be happy to add Sarr to the rotation so let's do this....
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,119

Re: DRAFT LOTTERY 24 

Post#2 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 11, 2024 3:28 pm

We will win this one in between the years of Wembanyama and Cooper Flagg lol
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#3 » by Bassman » Sat May 11, 2024 4:23 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:We will win this one in between the years of Wembanyama and Cooper Flagg lol

It would be so Hornets…unless the result is woefully even more Hornets…where we are bumped back as far as we can fall in a weak draft.

But I’m gonna be a glass half full guy today!
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#4 » by Rich4114 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:31 pm

I think no matter where we land, we will have a pick that can also match a need plus be an argument for BPA. Just need to not draft a bust lol

Once we know where we’re picking, we can debate who the pick should be a lot easier.

Tankathon seems to have bought Risacher stock lately. I ran the simulation once, had us winning and then taking him.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,391

Post#5 » by JDR720 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:48 pm

#2 pick here we come.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,778

Post#6 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 pm

So are we all in agreement if we get the #1 pick we take Sarr correct?
NMBSurfin
Sophomore
And1: 65

Post#7 » by NMBSurfin » Sat May 11, 2024 6:49 pm

believe i heard the lowest we can get is 7.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#8 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:So are we all in agreement if we get the #1 pick we take Sarr correct?

Not yet. Waiting on workout videos and the combine.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,723

Post#9 » by fatlever » Sat May 11, 2024 10:05 pm

Least I have ever cared about draft lottery in a year we had Lotto pick

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#10 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 11:08 pm

fatlever wrote:Least I have ever cared about draft lottery in a year we had Lotto pick

I don't know man I really think Sarr could be a game changer for us defensively.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#11 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat May 11, 2024 11:09 pm

fatlever wrote:Least I have ever cared about draft lottery in a year we had Lotto pick

Yeah. I've tried to be optimistic, but this years draft just doesn't do it for me. We're going to win though.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#12 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 11, 2024 11:11 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:

Yeah. I've tried to be optimistic, but this years draft just doesn't do it for me. We're going to win though.

Also we would be stupid to not entertaining trading the #1 pick. Even though it's a weak draft some teams in the middle of the pack could possibly want one of these players. So you never know what kind of players could be offered. Should be fun to see how it plays out.
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#13 » by Bassman » Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

Also we would be stupid to not entertaining trading the #1 pick. Even though it's a weak draft some teams in the middle of the pack could possibly want one of these players. So you never know what kind of players could be offered. Should be fun to see how it plays out.

So for $#*+s and giggles, what if we win #1, and we get offered both of Portland’s picks for it? Those are likely #14 and (by odds) #4. I would consider it, as we’d probably have our choice of Clingan, Castle or Topic, while 14 should deliver choices like Furphy, Edey, Carter, McCain or Filo. Seriously doubt Portland would do it unless they fall in love with someone.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#14 » by MasterIchiro » Sat May 11, 2024 11:58 pm

I'm dreading this lottery because something will surely go wrong based on recent precedent.

We only moved up from 8 to 3 to win LaMelo Ball

Then, THEN, if that's not bad enough, we rose from 4 to 2 to get stuck with Brandon Miller.

The lottery Gods keep screwing us because, Hornets.

Crocodile tears aside (though still in vogue), this lottery is simple to me.

Win #1, select Topic.

Don't win #1, select Stephon Castle.

That's our draft.

We're playing with house money.
It has been written...
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#15 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am

Bassman wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

So for $#*+s and giggles, what if we win #1, and we get offered both of Portland’s picks for it? Those are likely #14 and (by odds) #4. I would consider it, as we’d probably have our choice of Clingan, Castle or Topic, while 14 should deliver choices like Furphy, Edey, Carter, McCain or Filo. Seriously doubt Portland would do it unless they fall in love with someone.
I would honestly do that trade.

Gives us a chance to hit on 2 lottery picks. It's possible we get 2 starters. Good trade though. :D
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#16 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun May 12, 2024 12:07 am

Bassman wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:

No sir. I'm still salty over us not trading 3 and 13 or whatever it was for Chris Paul or deron Williams. Ended up with Felton and may. Just take the best player.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#17 » by MasterIchiro » Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Bassman wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Also we would be stupid to not entertaining trading the #1 pick. Even though it's a weak draft some teams in the middle of the pack could possibly want one of these players. So you never know what kind of players could be offered. Should be fun to see how it plays out.

No sir. I'm still salty over us not trading 3 and 13 or whatever it was for Chris Paul or deron Williams. Ended up with Felton and may. Just take the best player.

I try to keep sane so I've convinced myself the teams drafting ahead wouldn't budge.

There was a huge drop from Deron & CP3 to Felton. Those NBA scouts must've known. The only knock on Chris Paul was his size. But he didn't fall very far in the draft. Dick Vitale promoted him shamelessly, said he was going to be "sensational". I believed it, and I'm just a fan.

The scouts must've believed. Did any of them really believe in Felton? I can't imagine anyone had him on the same tier as historically good-great NBA players, including Charlotte.

Needed a PG and Felton became the pick by default. He was atrocious compared to those higher tier PG. And the May pick was inexcusable.

I suspect GM's saw a huge drop-off from the top of the lottery to where Felton was picked, and to a greater extent May. There was little value in those slots, even combined.
It has been written...
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#18 » by Rich4114 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:03 pm

This is the rare lottery where people will be unhappy no matter what. We get the top pick and it's a top pick in a garbage draft. We slide down, we're the losers who never have any luck. We stand pat, everyone can complain at the same time. I don't see a positive outcome for everyone here lol. That said, give me the #1 pick 10/10 times.
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

Post#19 » by Chapelchilla » Sun May 12, 2024 5:19 pm

Almost time to get my Lucky outfit on....
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#20 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 12, 2024 6:10 pm

My TV in the bedroom stopped working yesterday. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing for today. Either way I hope luck is on our side.

Return to Charlotte Hornets