Game Thread: Charlotte v. Chicago 1-2-08 

Post#1 » by SteveMorrison15 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:42 am

Vote dudes!!!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#2 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:10 pm

Ahhhhhhhh my little Charlotte Bobcats. Oh how I've missed you...............although after reading through all the posts on the board from the month I was away it sounds like it's just as well I couldn't watch any games!!

Were we really THAT bad???

I guess I'll find out myself tonight!!

It's good to be back!
B B M F 'ers
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by DaBassSource » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:42 pm

OK...lets get a win...New Year ..New Attitude... I hope...
"Maybe I destroyed the game. But maybe, you're just making excuses.'' MJ
flooredyas
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by flooredyas » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:10 pm

See you have Nazr starting tonight. Is that just conjecture or has this been stated?
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#5 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:19 pm

steve... i think you should leave mcminus out of the starting lineup out of spite.... a silent protest.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#6 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:19 pm

I don't know if Vincent has flipped a coin yet or not.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#7 » by Cliff Levingston » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:35 pm

Gordon is back to the bench for the Bulls. Duhon is starting at PG and Hinrich at SG. Nonetheless, our new coach (Jim Boylan) has been bringing Gordon off the bench early.

As for the key reserves, Tyrus Thomas is not one. Him and Joakim Noah both have been getting no playing time lately and that probably won't change until the Bulls get back to around .500. The Bulls' key reserves this game would be Nocioni and Gordon.
jking
Junior
And1: 4

Post#8 » by jking » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:10 pm

today's Charlotte Observer lists McInnis as starting again. With the win last game, Sam probably thinks he has something with this lineup, haa. Good thing we took on Nazr's contract so he can play 18min/game for us. I think Steve is in protest with the McInnis move, he hasn't moved Nazr outta there the past couple games.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:20 pm

BigSlam wrote:Ahhhhhhhh my little Charlotte Bobcats. Oh how I've missed you...............although after reading through all the posts on the board from the month I was away it sounds like it's just as well I couldn't watch any games!!

Were we really THAT bad???

I guess I'll find out myself tonight!!

It's good to be back!

Well we did have 3 very nice wins against the Knicks, Jazz and the last game against the Pacers. Other than that, pretty much the entire month of December was a disaster.

Felton and Okafor which I'm sure you read a lot about, have regressed big time. Very disappointing because this was the year Raymond was suppose to take a giant leap forward. Hasn't happened. Ray is not aggressive and doesn't run the offense like a true point guard. Now Vincent has him at the 2 guard with McMinus at the point. Yeah, it's bad. Then you have Mek who has looked really small out there, abysmal on offense and defensively has been a big let down.

Now those 2 aren't the only culprits, everyone has performed poorly at times. Wallace has been bad defensively but he at least has been very aggressive for the most part and looked good. JRich has been shooting the ball really well lately and also has had some good defensive games. I've even backed off him because he and Crash are the only 2 that at least show up every game.

But right now my ire is directed towards Ray and Mek. If both don't step up their play, you could see both of them not in a Cats uniform next season. I wouldn't shed a tear and I was a huge Ray and Mek fan before this season began. Oh well. Coach shiny head finally according to Crash, got "pissed off" at the team during a time out in the 4th quarter of our last game against the Pacers. It worked, the team responded and we won. Crash carried us and Mek actually came alive for the first time all season. JRich had a GREAT first half which kept us in the game. Great win and we need to capitalize on that momentum and win tonight!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#10 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:26 pm

Bowens wrote:Coach shiny head finally according to Crash, got "pissed off" at the team during a time out in the 4th quarter of our last game against the Pacers.

I think you need to go a litte easy on V.

It's hard to get "pissed off" while you are staring blankly at the court while breathing through a wide open mouth.

That takes some serious concentration!!

Gordon has been hot as hell of late. Averaging something like 30ppg since playing the 6 man role. JRich is going to have to be switched on to guard him............or will Felts guard him............or maybe McMinus?

Who the hell is our SG these days????
B B M F 'ers
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#11 » by Bowens » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:35 pm

BigSlam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you need to go a litte easy on V.

It's hard to get "pissed off" while you are staring blankly at the court while breathing through a wide open mouth.

That takes some serious concentration!!

Gordon has been hot as hell of late. Averaging something like 30ppg since playing the 6 man role. JRich is going to have to be switched on to guard him............or will Felts guard him............or maybe McMinus?

Who the hell is our SG these days????

Actually it was Crash who talked about it during the post game show after the Pacer game. He said Shiny Head Sam got "pissed off" during a TO in the 4th quarter down 12.

Our SG is Raymond "lost cause" Felton. JRich is now the 3 and Wallace moves to the 4. But that could change depending on the matchups. Doesn't matter anyway, because McMinus sucks.

Oh and McMinus now says he wants to be MORE involved in the offense! Good lord. Mugsy says "thats not good." I spit my coffee out when I heard him say that, I was laughing so hard.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#12 » by SamBone » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:27 pm

anyone else boycotting watching games that McInnis and Felton start together?
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#13 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:51 pm

Two inconsistent teams... can definitely go either way. I'll just say the Cats, being at home and coming off the nice win over Indy in OT.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#14 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:12 am

ehh. go cats.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:18 am

.....sweet defense Gerald.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:18 am

NOT!!!!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:20 am

Jrich heating up
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:25 am

Terrible boxing out. The whole team just sat and watched the long board...
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#19 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:26 am

OMG Ray took it to the hole. :o
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:27 am

McMinus lighting it up from the field. :roll: