ImageImage

Game Thread: Charlotte v. Chicago 1-2-08

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#61 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:22 am

JRich getting burned on the dribble by Heinscrub leads to dunk by that skinny scrub Noah who slams one over Crash whose already left the building. Fan-tastic.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#62 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:24 am

I was afraid of Noah around draft time because I thought there were better prospects available for a marginal risk vs. reward... but we could REALLY use him on the Bobcats.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#63 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:24 am

Chalk up another stinker for the smelly kittens. good lord what a freakin horror show
watchoutdernow
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#64 » by watchoutdernow » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:50 am

I'm convinced that Vincent does not have a clue what he is doing. Why do you leave GW in at PF when Noah is killing him on the block! Put in Mohammed at center and let Okafor play Noah at PF. Problem solved. Vincent did not want to switch from his new "small" lineup even when it didn't work. Great coaching, moron!
Check out www.charlottesportsreport.com for the latest news on the Panthers, Bobcats and all other Charlotte area sports.
therebirth
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#65 » by therebirth » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:02 am

Noah has not been very impressive yet he looks like shaq today. Crash is just too small. What about joe smith? By the way now that okofar is playing center, how is that looking?

Okofar is not worth the $12m he was offered last season. No team in there right mind will offer him that after this season.

This team looks lost. They are playing with no passion.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#66 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:17 am

therebirth wrote:
This team looks lost. They are playing with no passion.

In the first half we did. What happened?
therebirth
Bench Warmer

Post#67 » by therebirth » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:24 am

It is obvious Nazr plays better when he is starting. why not start him because it is obvious playing power forward is not okafor's problem. I think Okofar put himself on the spot but he cant deliver so now he is pressing.

It seems these players are walking all over vincent. They are not listening because they have no respect for him. He was definately the wrong choice to coach this team.
The curse of Higgins!
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,495

Post#68 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:27 am

Disappointing after the Indy game, and being the new year...

Good win for the Bulls after that tough Magic loss
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#69 » by Bowens » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 am

therebirth wrote:It is obvious Nazr plays better when he is starting. why not start him because it is obvious playing power forward is not okafor's problem. I think Okofar put himself on the spot but he cant deliver so now he is pressing.

It seems these players are walking all over vincent. They are not listening because they have no respect for him. He was definately the wrong choice to coach this team.

Okafor was playing like crap before Nazr arrived. Nothing has changed except for Raymond sucking the life out of this team with his unbelievably sh*tty play.

And yes I do agree with you on Vincent, horrible choice for head coach at this crucial developmental stage of our players.
therebirth
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by therebirth » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:35 am

Bowens wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In the first half we did. What happened?

I dont know what happened but at some point in the game they just gave up. Even the bulls comentators talked about it. Its almost like they fight for a while then say oh well we tried.
therebirth
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by therebirth » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:46 am

[quote="Bowens"]-= original quote snipped =-

Okafor was playing like crap before Nazr arrived. Nothing has changed except for Raymond sucking the life out of this team with his unbelievably sh*tty play.

Then why take Nazr out of the starting line up? This coach whines to the public for a post up player so okafor wont have to play center then he finally gets his guy and benches him.

And if you can get gasol for okafor, why not do it. Atleast paul gives you offense and rebounding. Okafor has not been doing it offensively or defensively. Whats going to happen after he gets his fat contract.?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#72 » by BigSlam » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 pm

Bowens wrote:Ahhh Nazr welcome to team miss-a-free-throw :nonono:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
but
:cry: :cry: :cry:
because it's so true!!
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#73 » by W_HAMILTON » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:48 pm

What the hell?

Gasol gives you rebounding, but Okafor doesn't? Gasol hasn't averaged double-digits in rebounding EVER. Okafor came into the league averaging 10+ rebounds/game, and he continues to do so.

So, you're left with Gasol's offense, and that would be nice, if not for our "life-sucking" PGs, which will probably drop his averages like a rock, too.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
therebirth
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by therebirth » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:47 am

W_HAMILTON wrote:What the hell?

Gasol gives you rebounding, but Okafor doesn't? Gasol hasn't averaged double-digits in rebounding EVER. Okafor came into the league averaging 10+ rebounds/game, and he continues to do so.

So, you're left with Gasol's offense, and that would be nice, if not for our "life-sucking" PGs, which will probably drop his averages like a rock, too.

I am not saying Okafor doesn't give you rebounds. But what happened with his defense and offense? I do agree with you about felton by the way. The coach needs to go too. Maybe change the coach and draft a pg before making other drastic changes. I am just so confuse.
Musashi
Junior

Post#75 » by Musashi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:38 pm

Vncent absolutely has to start Nazr...This experiment with McInnis is not working...Wallace has struggled on defense against bigger guys. Plus if you give up Hermann/Brezec for a guy, play him!!!!
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#76 » by W_HAMILTON » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:48 pm

Yes, change the PG and coach before discarding players that looked extremely promising, and that few people complained about in the previous seasons. When, instead of leadership, you have a whole lot of incompetence at the coaching and PG positions, it's enough to make players look worse, and when it's been going on for as long as it has this season, it's enough to affect all parts of their game because they even look hopeless out there at times, and that never was the case in previous seasons.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.

Return to Charlotte Hornets