ImageImage

CHA-ATL

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

CHA-ATL 

Post#1 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:30 am

Felton and Okafor for Smith, Law and Zaza.
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#2 » by SamBone » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:46 am

very fair and interesting, but I don't think crash and J.Smith can be on the same team, they are too similar in my opinion.
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
FCNATL85
Starter

Post#3 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:55 am

Would be a good combo at SF-PF.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:12 am

Interesting indeed. But it makes me suspicious as to why would a Hawks fan propose this trade to us? I liked Law in college, but haven't watched him in the pros. I read that he was struggling. As for Smith, hmmm very intriguing player. That first game he played against us this season, he was swatting everything in site and probably would have had 10 blocks if not for spraining his ankle. (I think it was his ankle) I don't watch the Hawks enough to say whether Smith deserves that big financial commitment it will take to resign him. Plus he has no loyalty here so he could bolt to a team with cap room.

As SamBone said, he and Crash would sort of be redundant and probably would be an odd mix. Like Randolph and Curry in NY. As much as I can't stand Mek and Felton right now, taking on an Atlanta Hawks player does make me nervous.
Bowens
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Bowens » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:13 am

FCNATL85 wrote:Would be a good combo at SF-PF.

Why do you not want to make a commitment to Smith? What pisses you off the most about him? I'm curious.
FCNATL85
Starter

Post#6 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:28 am

We need to improve our team at PG and C.

two options:

either move talent, including at the position with Law and Zaza but Smith (2nd best asset) is the bulk of the deal.
Al or Mek can play PF-C and one of them can play Smoothe position at PF.
By getting Felton, we get a push for the playoff NOW versus a player of tomorrow....greta player but we just need more NOW.Both needs adressed.

or explode the nucleus and improve at both guard positions, including trading JJ (our best asset). That would mean 2 trades:
1) JJ+ Salim for Felton and richardson
2) Zaza+ AJ for Rush and Foster

I personnally think that Smith is overated by ATL because he isflashy and a city favorite. Anyway, we will have to move one of the two in order to improve the team.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,201

Post#7 » by Rich4114 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:11 am

Um no?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#8 » by BigSlam » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:08 pm

Isn't Smith said to have some serious attitude problems?
B B M F 'ers
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#9 » by conleyorbust » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:28 pm

Smith is well liked by most fans in Atl, some don't like him. He has sort of emerged as the spokesman for the team since Joe isn't much of a talker. Most Atl fans don't want to trade him because he is young and highly productive (stat sheet, not just highlights). That being said, those that do want to trade him have their reasons.

As far as the parity of this deal goes, what is wrong with Mek this season? I'd say a 22 year old stat stuffer like Josh would be decent value for last year's vintage of Okafor but this season he has been pretty average. He was a 3 year college player right? Did he top out? Felton?

Return to Charlotte Hornets