ImageImage

Alexis Ajinca workout

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

CarolinaCash
Banned User
And1: 1

Alexis Ajinca workout 

Post#1 » by CarolinaCash » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 am

Bonnell was saying that Larry Brown and Jordan really thought hard about drafting Ajinca at 9. The Kings and Pacers thought hard about drafting him at 11 and 12. A lot of you guys were wanting Ajinca with the 20th pick......but now I'm seeing nothing but crying. Bayless is a selfish prick and Lopez is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) so get over it bc Augustin will be a star PG.

I know this workout is by himself but man he has a nice stroke and nice moves....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MlcfmCclMtk

Ajinca with a nice shot in the France/Turkey Finals at 45 seconds

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0PGXvjBJKUE&feature=related
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Re: Alexis Ajinca workout 

Post#2 » by Rich4114 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 am

If he's so great then why did he average 5ppg and 5rpg in france?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#3 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 am

He's better than Hollins and has more potential than Davidson. Not a terrible pick and I didn't know about Kosta or Arthur's situations at 20.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#4 » by CarolinaCash » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 am

Dude you guys know nothing about European ball......they only play their veterans a lot of minutes. They try to hide their gems until they sign long term contracts with big buyouts. Go back and look at all the high young European prospects and see how much they played and scored. He played 12 minutes a game a scored 5 and 5 with Batum, Diot, and Jackson on his team.

Here's what Larry Brown said:

"If he was in the draft next year, he might be in the top three or four picks," Brown said. "When he came here he blew me away with his athleticism."
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#5 » by CarolinaCash » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:59 am

Also, for those of you upset with the Ajinca pick........Chad Ford just said on ESPN Radio that Brown and Jordan went and got that extra pick just for Ajinca.....he was plan A, B, and C and they would have been upset if he was gone.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:08 am

Big Hibbert smokescreen then. Did he talk about Augustin?
geezy
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by geezy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:11 am

Wow, I didn't know he had a legit jump shot. I'm feeling better about the pick.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#8 » by W_HAMILTON » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:14 am

I hope Ajinca will come over next season so he can contribute and we can see what he has to offer; after we picked him, the announcers made it sound like he might not come over for a couple of years, and that it might be best for him that way.

Where are you getting the Larry Brown comments from?
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#9 » by CarolinaCash » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:16 am

Yeah he talked about all the team's picks in the 1st round. He said that Brown thought the Bobcats had enough talent but needed someone to make those players better. He thinks Augustin will make Carroll, Morrison, and Okafor into better players. He especially said that Morrison and Okafor will thrive when getting the ball in the right place. He said Augustin's team 1st attitude and ability to make his teammates better made him the pick over Bayless.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:17 am

Did he bring up Ray?
geezy
Ballboy

Post#11 » by geezy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:20 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:Did he bring up Ray?

No, but Stu Scott mentioned him as the other young PG I think it was. I'm debating whether or not I think Ray is gone after the Weaver pick. I think he'll be around next year, but after that he could be outta here.
DaBassSource
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by DaBassSource » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 am

Ok my mind might have been changed...he has real good form... Mek better hurry and sign....he and Ray might be on the next bus out of town....If the has that little mean streak that fire he looks like he has all the tools...this makes me feel alot better about the draft...
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#13 » by BigSlam » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am

geezy wrote:
Walt Cronkite wrote:Did he bring up Ray?

I'm debating whether or not I think Ray is gone after the Weaver pick. I think he'll be around next year, but after that he could be outta here.

IF Felts doesn't extend this summer and DJ shows the abilty a couple of us knows he has, at the very least it puts us in a position on power when negotiating with Felts next summer knowing we have a replacement in the wings ready to go.

Right?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#14 » by BigSlam » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:53 am

CarolinaCash wrote:He said Augustin's team 1st attitude and ability to make his teammates better made him the pick over Bayless.

AMEN!!
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,618

Post#15 » by fatlever » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:13 am

i am very happy with this pick... the more LB talked (or supposedly talked) about hibbert, the more i had a feeling ajinca might be the guy. he must have really showed LB something in that workout... i'm guessing he is very coachable.

as for leaving bayless on the board... dj is a better fit. i dont think bayless would have accepted a backup role. dj will play within the team, push ray or even beat him out. its all good.
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#16 » by doc.end » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:56 am

I'm still still kinda shocked how many uneducated guesses about him appered here and during the chat at bobcatsalley.
And that's not liek we have never discussed him here before. There were even links to is private workouts. What is wrong? That he wasn't a college player? That we didn't take a bigger name available? Or what is it?
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#17 » by fluffernutter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:31 am

doc.end wrote:I'm still still kinda shocked how many uneducated guesses about him appered here and during the chat at bobcatsalley.
And that's not liek we have never discussed him here before. There were even links to is private workouts. What is wrong? That he wasn't a college player? That we didn't take a bigger name available? Or what is it?

No clue. I loved him from day 1. Many scouts said he would have been top 10 easily if he had played a year of US college ball. Awesome pick at 20.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by Felton for Pres » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Looks like everyone is projecting he'll stay in France this season. Can anyone confirm that one way or another? I gotta think he'd be better off coming over here and having MJ stand over his shoulder while he eats carbs and lifts weights 20hrs a day.
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#19 » by fluffernutter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Felton for Pres wrote:Looks like everyone is projecting he'll stay in France this season. Can anyone confirm that one way or another? I gotta think he'd be better off coming over here and having MJ stand over his shoulder while he eats carbs and lifts weights 20hrs a day.

That would suck. I hope it's not true.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#20 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:34 pm

My guess is that he will be in training camp this fall. Keep in mind that the "experts" making those projections have no real insight into either the Bobcats or Ajinca. I'm positive that the Cats brain trust went after someone that they thought could make the team this upcoming season. That's not to say that he might end up back in Frace though. Money talks and we will have to see if his team in Frace is willing to pay him more than the NBA #20 scale. If so then Ajinca will end up there I suspect. But none of that has to do with why the "experts" think he will not be here next season. They see 5 PPG & 5 RPG in 12 min and assume that he isn't ready.

Return to Charlotte Hornets