ImageImage

I have a rumor!!

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

CarolinaCash
Banned User
And1: 1

I have a rumor!! 

Post#1 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:18 pm

This rumor is hearsay so lock this up if you want. Sean May and his girlfriend were at a wedding I was at this past weekend. His girlfriend (Grace) is good friends with the girl that was getting married. They were saying that they were leaving for Vegas on Sunday......May was going to go through some drills or something with the summer league team. Well one of my friends was saying yesterday that Grace was bitching cause they never made it to Vegas.....instead they went to Utah. Supposedly he worked out for Sloan and had a physical. He's saying that if his tests are clean that he and Gerald are gone......for Carlos Boozer. Again, this is hearsay and probably false cause I haven't heard anything about this. Did Sean make it to Vegas? If this did come true I'll take it but what's Boozer's contract status?

Felton/Augustin
JRich/Carroll
Dudley/Morrison
Boozer/Davidson/Ajinca
Okafor/Nazr
nolimit16
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: I have a rumor!! 

Post#2 » by nolimit16 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 pm

Get it done. Now. That's all I got to say. Although this is more than likely not going to happen.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,666

Post#3 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:25 pm

true or not, its definitely interesting. a boozer okafor frontcourt would be NASTY!!!!!!!

seeing ak and wallace together would pretty cool as well, w/ ak moving back to pf where he belongs.

of course the concern w/ boozer is the contract. will he resign with us or will he leave us high and dry like duke big men apparently like to do.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#4 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 pm

So he only has 1 year left? I guess worst case scenario is that we would have space to go after some free agents if he left for Miami.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Felton for Pres » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm

assuming we get okafor back (big assumption, i'm honestly worried about this), can the salary cap pros around here figure out if we can even afford to sign boozer after this season?

i'm guessing its going to be pretty darn hard/impossible to give him a contract he'd be interested in.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#6 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 pm

Deron Williams/Hart
Brewer/Almond
Wallace/Korver
AK/Milsap/May
Okur/Collins

That's a pretty good team.....I think they are trying to trade Harpring but if not they will have a logjam at the 3.
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,666

Post#7 » by fatlever » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 pm

FFP - we would get boozers bird rights in the trade. he could still choose to sign anywhere he wanted since he would be an UFA but, we could over the cap to sign him and we could offer 6 years instead of 5. we would be able to offer him the best deal, in theory. but if he has his heart set on miami or something, there is nothing we can do, but watch.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Felton for Pres » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Good info. Thanks.

I'd be cool with this trade, but I won't get my hopes up.
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#9 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:52 pm

On top it's saying that the Lakers offered Odom for Artest. I would think if Sac turns them down they would do the same deal for Wallace since they are similar players. What was the consensus on this board about a Wallace/Odom swap?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 558

Post#10 » by Walt Cronkite » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Another year of awesome trade offers from visiting fans telling us we'd better do this trade or we could get left with nothing. SIGN ME UP!!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#11 » by BigSlam » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:41 pm

fatlever wrote:will he resign with us or will he leave us high and dry like duke big men apparently like to do.

Ouch!!

Deron Williams/Hart
Brewer/Almond
Wallace/Korver
AK/Milsap/May
Okur/Collins

Great D, but where would the offense come from?
B B M F 'ers
CarolinaCash
Banned User

Post#12 » by CarolinaCash » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:10 pm

Deron can score, Okur can put up 20 a game, Korver can score, Almond can score, and May will give them 25 a game.
fluffernutter
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#13 » by fluffernutter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:21 pm

No thanks on this deal guys.

Boozer's defense is incredibly bad. I mean, incredibly bad. Just go ask some Utah fans. He gives back a lot of what he gets you with his scoring. He's very suspect in the post season. He seems to be easy for enemy defenses to "shut down."

Plus, if May actually passed a physical in Utah - and THEY want him. That means maybe he actually WILL play this year. I say stay put.
fluffernutter
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by fluffernutter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:23 pm

CarolinaCash wrote:Deron can score, Okur can put up 20 a game, Korver can score, Almond can score, and May will give them 25 a game.

I assume you are joking. But if not, why don't we just keep this 25 points a game May?
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#15 » by Paydro70 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:07 pm

fluffernutter wrote:No thanks on this deal guys.

Boozer's defense is incredibly bad. I mean, incredibly bad. Just go ask some Utah fans. He gives back a lot of what he gets you with his scoring. He's very suspect in the post season. He seems to be easy for enemy defenses to "shut down."

Plus, if May actually passed a physical in Utah - and THEY want him. That means maybe he actually WILL play this year. I say stay put.

Boozer's defense is bad, but not THAT bad. The Jazz had the best defense in the league against PFs and Cs last year, which really isn't possible if Boozer is at the bottom of the league or something. He's not as good as AK or Millsap, but he's not totally horrendous, and his opponent PER isn't bad. I have confidence that he and Okafor could pair together well.

As for the playoffs... yeah, he shot poorly this year. But last year he shot 54%, scored 23.5ppg, and was just as good passing and boarding. I don't think anybody has the "answer" to Boozer, I think he had a crappy couple of weeks.
fluffernutter
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by fluffernutter » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Paydro70 wrote:
fluffernutter wrote:No thanks on this deal guys.

Boozer's defense is bad, but not THAT bad. The Jazz had the best defense in the league against PFs and Cs last year, which really isn't possible if Boozer is at the bottom of the league or something. He's not as good as AK or Millsap, but he's not totally horrendous, and his opponent PER isn't bad. I have confidence that he and Okafor could pair together well.

As for the playoffs... yeah, he shot poorly this year. But last year he shot 54%, scored 23.5ppg, and was just as good passing and boarding. I don't think anybody has the "answer" to Boozer, I think he had a crappy couple of MONTHS.

Fixed it for you.
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#17 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Good trade. Seems to help both teams. Get it done!
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#18 » by Paydro70 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 pm

...okay, so the last 7 games in April weren't so great either? Is this supposed to lend credence to the idea that he can't come up in the playoffs and gets "shut down" by good defenses, or to my answer, that he went through a poorly-timed slump? His March was phenomenal: 22.8, 10.3, 2.3, 1.3stl, .601 shooting.

Actually, 82games has even done the hard work for me: http://82games.com/COM1S11.HTM

Find Boozer, with the 20/10 and .525 shooting, and a major positive +/-.
Felton for Pres
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Felton for Pres » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:21 pm

People complaining about Boozer are missing the point.
Would he be a big improvement over what we have at the 4 spot now? Absolutely.
Is he the best PF in the game. No, but one of the best offensively. We don't need his defense as much as we need his offense and rebounding. We end up with one of the best inside/out games in the East with JRich and Boozer.

We trade one good starter at a position we have some depth at and a questionable backup for a very good starter to fill our biggest hole. Its still a game won by stars and Boozer is one.

Everyone wants to find a trade where we rip someones face off. Isn't going to happen. This would be a good one for us, even if you honestly think May comes back 100%.
Getjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#20 » by Getjazz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

As a Jazz fan I like this deal for both teams. How healthy has crash been as of late?

Return to Charlotte Hornets