ImageImage

I have a rumor!!

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Re: I have a rumor!! 

Post#61 » by Rich4114 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Because the general fan base is always going to undervalue anyone from our team vs anyone from a team who makes the playoffs every year. If Wallace went to Utah and they became better, then those same people would be amazed at "how good Wallace became since the move".
SamBone
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#62 » by SamBone » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:30 pm

I think the only thing that sounds odd is that Utah would trade a PF who is a solid 20/10 ever night. Crash and the potential of McMay are good value, but not sure why a playoff team would trade an all star big man for the potential of Crash and McMay. Utah people seem to like the trade as well as Cats fans. The moron that said it was a " a deal which makes no sense for Utah and was probably first "reported" on a website catering to delusional Bobcats fans." should read the Utah message board and see that 90% of the jazz fans would also do this deal
2012 GMAT Christmas Edition : OKC Thunder

PG: DWill / Bayless
SG: DWade / VC / Grant Hill
SF: KD / MWP
PF: Ibaka / Landry
C : DMC / Dalembert / Kelly Olynyk

draft rites to Serey Karaey
Getjazz
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#63 » by Getjazz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:50 am

Even after a weekend of thinking about it and talking with everyone I know about this deal. I still think it would be great for both teams.
pondin
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#64 » by pondin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Btw, LB talking about seeing May starting at the PF spot this year confirms that the team is strongly lobbying to trade May.
God knows May cant be LB's type of player. Out of shape, non-hustle, only offense player such as May shouldn't be mentioned by LB unless he is trying to unload him.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#65 » by W_HAMILTON » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Maybe he doesn't know much about him :)

Like I said, the most interesting part of all of that was that it seems like he considers Okafor a center, which is a very good thing.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
pondin
Freshman

Post#66 » by pondin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:58 pm

I think LB found out about May when he saw May had McDonald's # on his speed dial.

or he may even had the number tattooed on his hand!
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#67 » by doc.end » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 pm

W_HAMILTON wrote:Maybe he doesn't know much about him :)

Like I said, the most interesting part of all of that was that it seems like he considers Okafor a center, which is a very good thing.
Or he just thinks he can play there and could consider him as PF/C or PF who can play at 5. That just May starting moves him to center (LB didn't actually said May is a PF and Emeka C, I know that's obvious, but I even saw some lunatics on realgm boards listing May as center).

I hope LB thinks of him as a center or LB could find a way to uzilize him no matter how the position is called, but the information he thinks Emeka Okafor is a center simply wasn't included in the article.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#68 » by spectre_ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:55 pm

doc.end wrote:

Or he just thinks he can play there and could consider him as PF/C or PF who can play at 5. That just May starting moves him to center (LB didn't actually said May is a PF and Emeka C, I know that's obvious, but I even saw some lunatics on realgm boards listing May as center).

I hope LB thinks of him as a center or LB could find a way to uzilize him no matter how the position is called, but the information he thinks Emeka Okafor is a center simply wasn't included in the article.

I lean more towards Doc's way of thinking. We've reportedly offered Diop the MLE and are supposedly interested in Elson. Either they're looking for stop gaps post Emeka or they feel they're weakest at the 5.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
bobcatsinfour
Junior
And1: 8

Post#69 » by bobcatsinfour » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 am

Where do I sign up for this trade to go through?
Bomb_First wrote:Give Hickson the max

Can the Cavs sneak into the playoffs?

cochiseuofm wrote:Probably, but they'd be better off just buying tickets and not risk getting caught by security.
TheBobcatDan
Junior

Post#70 » by TheBobcatDan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 am

spectre_ wrote:
doc.end wrote:

I lean more towards Doc's way of thinking. We've reportedly offered Diop the MLE and are supposedly interested in Elson. Either they're looking for stop gaps post Emeka or they feel they're weakest at the 5.

i think it's moves with ajinca, not okafor, in mind. he's a project and they only have okafor right now that can play solid defense.

Return to Charlotte Hornets