ImageImage

Felton Trade Talk and Ideas (merged)

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Gerald Wallace Trade Talk/Trade Ideas 

Post#121 » by old rem » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 am

BigSlam wrote:One idea on the trade board that I liked (and seriously, most of them make me die a little on the inside so finding one I like is a rarity!!) and fans of the other teams seemed to like is:

Charlotte out: May, Felton, Wallace
Charlotte in: Harrington, Webster, Sergio, Frye, Protected 1st

Portland out: Webster, Frye, Sergio, Protected 1st
Portland in: Watson, Wallace

Golden State out: Harrington, Watson
Golden State in: Felton, May

We'd potentially be a little thin at the point, although I think DJ can start, we'd have a nice big potentially expiring contract in Harrington who might be productive enough with us to get us over the hump, a good young prospect (who is on quite a cheap, long, freshly signed contract) in Webster, a young big that LB has worked with before and had success with in Frye PLUS a future 1st!!

Personally, I would send Sergio to the GSW's and have Marcus Williams come to us.

To me that is a win/win/win/win for us!!

DJ - Williams - S.Brown
Webster - Hammer
Swish - Dude - Ammo
Harrington - Frye - Lex
EO50 - Nazzy - A.Brown - Twiggy

Saw this on the trade board. I'd be asking for Diogu,not Webster but cut the protect to top 10. I expect the Blazers to be in the playoffs. However the West is VERY deep and if the Blazer's miss the 8 seed by a few games...then the payoff is delayed,the Blazers mature and it's a lower pick a year late. Webster is pretty much M Carroll with a bit more bulk. Diogu is what May might have been with Knees...and perhaps more. Ike can be a 15-20 ppg guy. He needs to get minutes and not get set back by minor injuries. GSW won't be too keen to have Wallace fill the Blazer's hole at SF when the blazers don't lose even one of their top 7 guys. As 2 of the West's young teams,GSW has to see the Blazers as a problem over the next 5+ years...so GSW demands some of the Blazer's many rd 2 picks.

Hard to figure what GSW currently sees as the worth of the various PG's. CJ Watson has had a run. DeMarcus Nelson has the athletic tools. Marcus Williams has legit PG experiance. Hard to say how GSW or anyone else ranks them.
CENSORED... No comment.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#122 » by spectre_ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:56 pm

old rem wrote:Hard to figure what GSW currently sees as the worth of the various PG's. CJ Watson has had a run. DeMarcus Nelson has the athletic tools. Marcus Williams has legit PG experiance. Hard to say how GSW or anyone else ranks them.

:lol: @ rem...digging deep for something positive to say about Williams!

I'd give NOLA's 2nd for him and maybe one of ours if we have any left, but that's about it.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
old rem
RealGM

Post#123 » by old rem » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:39 pm

What I know about Marcus is mostly that I saw him several times playing for U Conn and he had PG skills. The few minutes he played for GSW are hardly relevant. Legit point G experiance was more a statement of fact. I wasn't saying he's good or bad,at least as far as the NBA goes. The OTHER GSW "point G's were all SG's. Ellis + Watson got some PG experiance last year. Marcus Williams plated several full seasons with U Conn,and played some with the Nets.
CENSORED... No comment.
Chubby Chaser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#124 » by Chubby Chaser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 am

Lamar Odom anyone?
dmutombo321
Sixth Man
And1: 368

Post#125 » by dmutombo321 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:19 pm

Revisiting the Kaman proposals, looks like the Clips are interested in Randolph again but NY is not interested in Kaman.

A three way involving :

Wallace / Tim Thomas to NY
Kaman to Charlotte
Randolph to LAC

Passes the trade checker.

NY wants to clear salary to make a 2010 run at Wade/Lebron. Now Wallace would not be consistant with this goal since he has multiple years remaining so NY may not be interested. However, Gerald is relatively young and would make an exellent complement to a Wade/Lebron. And Tim Thomas' deal would still clear 6.5 million off the books for them when it expires after next season.

For Charlotte, Kaman is a top notch center. The guy CAN score in the post provided he gets touches. When Brand was out last year and he actually got looks, he was basically a 16point, 13rb, 2 block player and one of the best centers in the league before being sapped by injuries the last couple months of the season. He's an ambidextrous post scoring threat, a very good defender and an exellent free throw shooter for a big man. Plus, hes a legit 7'0 265.

Ideally, I would rather swap Okafor for Kaman, due to EO's inability to defend shooting fours like Bosh, Dirk, Randolph, but as discussed in another post, Emeka's BYC status makes this impossible. Kaman would work best along with a 4 like bargnani who can stretch defenses with their shooting and give him room to operate in the post.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by spectre_ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:41 pm

I know NY is saying the don't want to take salary beyond 09/10 but both Curry and Randolph's deals go beyond that, so unless they can dump those guys for expirings it'd be "years neutral".

Wouldn't they prefer Kaman tho? They have wings but only a fat lazy bum as C.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
dmutombo321
Sixth Man

Post#127 » by dmutombo321 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:31 pm

spectre_ wrote:I know NY is saying the don't want to take salary beyond 09/10 but both Curry and Randolph's deals go beyond that, so unless they can dump those guys for expirings it'd be "years neutral".

Wouldn't they prefer Kaman tho? They have wings but only a fat lazy bum as C.

I'm with you on this one. If I was NY, I'd deal Randolph for Kaman in a heart beat if LAC was willing. They already have some promising young wing depth in Wilson Chandler and Gallinari and Eddy Curry does indeed qualify as fat, lazy and bumish.

But, since the healine article today stated that NY has no interest in Kaman, I thought I'd throw out a scenario in which Charlotte would be involved.

Hopefully our management will do something because as the roster is presently structured, we aren't going to sniff the playoffs and will be lucky to match last seasons wins. Some friends and I paid a scalper $20 / seat for tickets with $140 face values for the Toronto game last week. We were about 6 rows back from the Charlotte bench and Jordan was sitting next to them on the floor. While he was stoic for most of the game, you could visibly see that he was pretty disgusted with Charlotte's 4th quarter collapse.

I fully expect to see some kind of deal in the next few weeks. I just hope its not something foolish
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,556

Post#128 » by Bassman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:43 pm

The fact that there has been a lot of chatter (as reported in the rumor press) means they are trying to shop Wallace, Felton, Matt, Ammo, you name it. But right now they're getting nothing in return. Supposedly the Nets wouldn't trade Sean Williams for Belinelli, which tells me they will NOT want Carroll either (as was rumored).

Bottom line is agents leak this information more than anyone. They seek to help control their player's career, and if trades get them in a better position they try to prod it along. But it's just talk. Nothing happens unless a team feels major pressure to make the deal, OR the deal is so one-sided the lucky recepient of stupidity says YES quickly (see Detroit when we offered to take Nazi).

IF we get any player worth a hoot for Crash it will need to be someone like a Harrington, who the other team just wants to move and needs reasonable value for. It will take a bit of a gamble.

Just like chess, each move can etiher position you for a later advantage, or box you in further to inevitable defeat. Other than the move for J-Rich, we're surrendering more knights and bishops than pawns
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by spectre_ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:18 pm

IF we get any player worth a hoot for Crash it will need to be someone like a Harrington, who the other team just wants to move and needs reasonable value for. It will take a bit of a gamble.

Then we need to just stand pat. Why sell low or at a time when we look desperate? We don't make the playoffs this year? Big deal. There's always next year...unless we keep making stupid trades and find ourselves in a recurring position.

BTW on Harrington:

As I wrote last week, the Mavs do not have a high opinion of the Warriors goofball. Nor, I just found out, does one Eastern team who would be in the market for his talent “if he didn’t have such a high opinion of himself,’’ that team’s representative tells me. “(Harrington) is the kind of guy who thinks he’s got to be the top guy on the team in minutes and in points. Until he changes that, I think he’s stuck (in Golden State).’’

DallasBasketball via Hoopshype

Wonder if that's Higgins?

Irony
dmutombo321
Sixth Man

Post#130 » by dmutombo321 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Then we need to just stand pat. Why sell low or at a time when we look desperate? We don't make the playoffs this year? Big deal

Agreed. If Wallace can somehow be parlayed into someone like Chris Kaman (17 pts / 13 rbs / 3 blocks on 61% shooting last night against the Spurs), I'm all for pulling the trigger.

But if all he commands right now is an Al Harrington or Eddy Curry, we're much better off just holding on to him.
Bassman
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by Bassman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:48 pm

I probably should not have used Harrington in a way that said we SHOULD trade for him. I formerly thought that would be a great idea but now I'm not convinced. I meant it would be a player who is capable and has shown ability but is somewhat undervalued himself. Not way out there, lke a Sean Williams, but a young potential player that is the PF we need but on a bad team/bad situation. That hasn't emerged yet and may not this year.

I agree that trading Crash for junk or near junk is not a good deal. Frankly, I believe we will struggle to compete this year and should look to the lottery for some luck at the 4 or 5. If the right deal comes along, fine.
August Us Seazr
Pro Prospect
Location: Somebody tell me something really funny. I NEED a good laugh!

Post#132 » by August Us Seazr » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 am

Well, considering how the balance of power has shifted to the Eastern Conference (my how quickly we have gone from a West juggernaut to an East juggernaut!- A mere 2 years.) We look like a pretty good bet to be the doormat once Washington gets Arenas back. Now assuming that we do a legitamate slide to the bottom of the standings, does this get us a good pick? One would hope. College season is just getting started and we had better get used to looking at two names- Blake Griffin of Oklahoma and Greg Monroe of Georgetown. Both are getting some of that preseason ESPN face time.

A lot will be determined by those "DANGED" lottery balls. My idea for this year is if Larry Brown doesn't become the face person at the lottery, we need to rent a leprechaun to represent the Bobcats at the lottery draw. Anybody think that Boston will let us use theirs? :lol: :lol: We need a little luck getting the pick we need to make our lineup work.

The other idea, which might work out- or might not- is to make a deal for some of those power forward types that have been taken in the last few years. Maybe not a Noah or an Aldridge, but how about Davis in Boston? Or Speights in Phoenix? Or Hendrix from Okie City? Names we haven't bandied about, but would be in as good a position to learn and grow with the Bobcats as with their current teams. Just a thought....
In loving memory of Barbara Hickman Taylor 07/20/1955-11/27/2010. Rest in Peace Sweet Lady!
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#133 » by Benjamin Linus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:53 am

I agree. If we blow all year, hopefully Brown will take one for the team, tank, and aim high in the draft. We don't need to go for the extra useless wins towards the end of the season like we always seem to do. And maybe we could do something in free agency. This could potentially be our lineup next year and it would be at the expense of no one.

Emeka Okafor..........Nazr Mohammed
Blake Griffin..........Brandon Bass
Gerald Wallace..........Jared Dudley
Jason Richardson..........Matt Carroll
Raymond Felton..........DJ Augustin

Plus, hopefully, we'll be used to Brown's system by then.
Bassman
Lead Assistant

Post#134 » by Bassman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Just keeping the thread cookin' as the Star-Ledger is reporting ongoing talks between the Nets and Bob's. Supposedly they like Wallace and would like to put together a deal but we're trying to use Carroll or Ammo. Hard to see what combination of players we could/would get for Wallace. I'd LOVE Lopez, but that's not happening. I'm sure Sean Williams would be in the mix, but who else? Not a mix there that's worth it for Crash (unless Lopez is included).
wadero
Pro Prospect

Post#135 » by wadero » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:11 pm

you guys have any interest in Chuck Hayes and Luther Head for Adam Morrision?
Listen to the lunatic inside you
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
-- Robin Williams (1952- ), American actor and comedian
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,306

Post#136 » by amcoolio » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:20 pm

No. Ammo's value has gone back up, especially to the Bobcats.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
nugentrk
Junior

Post#137 » by nugentrk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Make that Chuck Hayes and Aaron Brooks
spectre_
Lead Assistant

Post#138 » by spectre_ » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:01 pm

nugentrk wrote:Make that Chuck Hayes and Aaron Brooks

:lol:

Irony
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,711

Post#139 » by fatlever » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:43 am

i like aaron brooks though. love them undersized shooting guards. its a disease i have.
old rem
RealGM

Post#140 » by old rem » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:25 am

Bassman wrote:Just keeping the thread cookin' as the Star-Ledger is reporting ongoing talks between the Nets and Bob's. Supposedly they like Wallace and would like to put together a deal but we're trying to use Carroll or Ammo. Hard to see what combination of players we could/would get for Wallace. I'd LOVE Lopez, but that's not happening. I'm sure Sean Williams would be in the mix, but who else? Not a mix there that's worth it for Crash (unless Lopez is included).

Good luck. GSW allegedly talked to NJ but NJ seemed to think 3rd string crap off their weak roster had some sales appeal. When they call Josh Boone untouchable.....that pretty much says why bother.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Charlotte Hornets