And1: 34

Crash Released from Hospital - wont play "anytime soon" 

Post#1 » by next2spike » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:52 am

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaki ... 00489.html

By Rick Bonnell
rbonnell@charlotteobserver.com
Posted: Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2009

LOS ANGELES

Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace has been taken to a Los Angeles hospital where he will likely spend the night while being tested for a possible collapsed lung and fractured rib.

Wallace was taken to Centinela Hospital to have a CT scan to check for a collapsed lung. An X-ray at Staples Center indicated no fracture, but as a precaution, Wallace is going to get a second X-ray at the hospital.

Wallace was injured in the fourth quarter of the Bobcats' double-overtime victory over the Lakers when center Andrew Bynum hip-checked Wallace to the floor on a drive to the basket. Bynum was called for a flagrant foul, and Wallace had to be helped to the locker room by teammates.

Bynum was so overrated in jersey when he was in high school. then he goes to the league and calls out shaq and gets embarrassed; that's not how you rep. jersey - now this cheap shot to Gerald Wallace. I hope G Dub gets better quickly. I like your Bobcats squad, this from a fellow NYK fan...
BobsBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 100

Re: Gerald W. Hospitalized Collapsed Lung Fractured Rib? 

Post#2 » by BobsBuddy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 am

Good Luck Gerald,Take your time and healed up. DONOT COME BACK TOO FAST. LISTEN TO DOCTORS.. We are all behind you.
ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Post#3 » by ohara » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:33 pm

BobsBuddy wrote:Good Luck Gerald,Take your time and healed up. DONOT COME BACK TOO FAST. LISTEN TO DOCTORS.. We are all behind you.

My thoughts exactly. Thoughts, prayers and well wishes going out to you!

And Bynum, what comes around goes around in this league. Just remember if you wind up on the floor writhing in pain and your teamates have to carry you to the lockeroom.
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#4 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Thoughts with ya Crash.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#5 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:25 pm

Hope Crash is back to full health soon.

I still maintain it wasn't dirty. It was just sloppy.
B B M F 'ers
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#6 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:31 pm

B B M F 'ers
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#7 » by TylersLakers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Wow. Hope the best for Gerald and hopefully it's not that serious.

Disappointing Andrew had to put himself in that position... really disappointing.
carolinabred
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#8 » by carolinabred » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I really didn't like Bynum that much, he a good player but I just didn't like him before this. Now he is on my **** list! There has to be some kind of suspension from the league on this.

Get well Wallace!
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#9 » by spectre_ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:21 pm

BigSlam wrote:I still maintain it wasn't dirty. It was just sloppy.

Agreed.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,558

Post#10 » by Bassman » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but this will put Crash out for some period of time (weeks if it's the worst news). Bynum should be suspended for a minimum of 5 games, if not longer. You cannot allow flagrant fouls that put people in the hospital. This league is a tough one, but that is over the line. Stern must make an example of Andrew.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#11 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Bassman wrote:Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but this will put Crash out for some period of time (weeks if it's the worst news). Bynum should be suspended for a minimum of 5 games, if not longer. You cannot allow flagrant fouls that put people in the hospital. This league is a tough one, but that is over the line. Stern must make an example of Andrew.

If Crash had got up and walked it off, should Bynum still be suspended for a minimum of 5 games?
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#12 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:46 pm

ugh!

this sucks... get well crash. shades of last year and the year before etc.....

bynum on my **** list now. just piss poor, lazy, dirty, defending on his part.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#13 » by ohara » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Respectfully have to disagree with Slam and Spectre on this one. I dont think Bynum meant to put Crash in the hospital or out of games for a couple weeks. But I think it is clear his intent was to make a very hard and questionable foul in order to "send Crash a message". Maybe the results of the foul were worse than he anticipated. However, when one has the intent to make the contact like that and to foul another player, then the results which do actually come to pass must be deemed to have been foreseeable. I would look for a 3-5 game suspension from the League. If Crash were not as injured, it would have likely been only 1-2 games. But with serious injury involved, the suspension must be higher.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#14 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm

ohara wrote:Respectfully have to disagree with Slam and Spectre on this one. I dont think Bynum meant to put Crash in the hospital or out of games for a couple weeks. But I think it is clear his intent was to make a very hard and questionable foul in order to "send Crash a message". Maybe the results of the foul were worse than he anticipated. However, when one has the intent to make the contact like that and to foul another player, then the results which do actually come to pass must be deemed to have been foreseeable. I would look for a 3-5 game suspension from the League. If Crash were not as injured, it would have likely been only 1-2 games. But with serious injury involved, the suspension must be higher.

A couple of weeks ago Bobcats fans were applauding Juwan Howard for his hard foul on Glen Davis. Some even went as far as saying it won us the game.

What should have happened to Howard?
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,726

Post#15 » by fatlever » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:14 pm

man, the league aint gonna suspend bynum.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#16 » by Rich4114 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:40 pm

It was a dirty play, but I doubt he tried to really hurt him that bad. Part of the game, and everyone knows Wallace is gonna take contact going to the rim like that. I'm just happy it isn't his skull this time. I hope he's OK. Bynum should be suspended a game for a flagrant 2 or whatever. He wanted to lay Wallace out and clearly wasn't going for the ball, just follow the rules and suspend the guy.

On a side note, I feel like we're the team that just stood up to the big bully and all the other teams are coming here to congratulate us, lol. It's nice. :)
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#17 » by Dexmor » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:56 pm

Who cares about Bynums attempt. I wanna know 1 thing, when is Gerald coming back?
Lake Dynasty
Senior
And1: 1

Post#18 » by Lake Dynasty » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Best Wishes to G force. It sucks he got hurt
ohara
Head Coach

Post#19 » by ohara » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Slam, I am sorry I did not see the Boston game. I did not even hear about a Howard and Davis issue. If you find the video and post it, I will watch and tell you if I think it is similar and deserving of the same criticism.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#20 » by ohara » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Return to Charlotte Hornets