ImageImage

Crash Released from Hospital - wont play "anytime soon"

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

WaydownSouth
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Crash Released from Hospital - wont play "anytime soon" 

Post#106 » by WaydownSouth » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 am

Fine, okay, you didn't use the word 'all'...... granted...... No one is 'prone' to broken ribs and a collapsed lung.

I agree that Bynum never intended to seriously harm Crash, but Bynum should be held accountable for his actions. Bynum's and Bynum's alone (okay, you could blame Kobe for his s**t defence on the play) action cause the injuries sustained to Crash. Bynum doesn't commit the reckless act, Crash scores two, no foul, no broken ribs, no collapsed lung, game continues, maybe we win maybe we lose, simple.

Bynum smashes Crash, and let's be honest, it was more than a 'hard foul', Crash is now out for a while, with broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Bynum chose to foul Crash, and chose to foul him in a way that caused harm to Crash.

See the difference.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#107 » by BigSlam » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:46 am

WaydownSouth wrote:Bynum doesn't commit the reckless action, Crash scores two, no foul, no broken ribs, no collapsed lung, game continues, maybe we win maybe we lose, simple.

Bynum smashes Crash, and let's be honest, it was more than a 'hard foul', Crash is now out for a while, with broken ribs and a collapsed lung. Bynum chose to foul Crash, and chose to foul him in a way that caused harm to Crash.

See the difference.

Even better, rather than taking the easy way out, Bynum tries to block the shot (which in part is what he is paid to do) - and does, and it becomes one of the plays of the year.

Like I said days ago, I'd bet money you'd never ever see EO50 or Crash commit that sort of foul. If they were in the position Bynum was in, they would try to block the shot clean 100 out of 100 times.
B B M F 'ers
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 856

Post#108 » by -Ian- » Tue Feb 3, 2009 2:37 pm

Does anybody know why did the doctors didn't let Gerald Wallace to fly going back to Charlotte?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#109 » by BigSlam » Tue Feb 3, 2009 3:02 pm

-Ian- wrote:Does anybody know why did the doctors didn't let Gerald Wallace to fly going back to Charlotte?

Although the lung has re-inflated, the physician felt it would be an unnecessary risk for Wallace to fly cross-country so soon after the injury.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcat ... 12903.html
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,687

Post#110 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 3, 2009 4:35 pm

man, if he cant even fly yet, no telling how long til he can play ball. he may be out the rest of the year for all we know.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#111 » by BigSlam » Tue Feb 3, 2009 5:07 pm

If he rocked the football like pads after his shoulder injury last night what will be come back wearing after a collapsed lung?!?!

B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#112 » by fatlever » Tue Feb 3, 2009 9:10 pm

that was the best ball he ever played in his life. he should go back to the pads.
GetMoney
Analyst
And1: 1,035

Post#113 » by GetMoney » Tue Feb 3, 2009 11:10 pm

sucks he has to drive cross country on a bus.. yikes
ImageImage. . . AND STILL
The Infamous1 wrote:It's only so long Weak teams can pretend
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,187

Post#114 » by Rich4114 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:34 am

fatlever wrote:that was the best ball he ever played in his life. he should go back to the pads.

I second that, when he plays with more recklessness he is out of this world.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#115 » by BigSlam » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:55 am

Rich4114 wrote:I second that, when he plays with more recklessness he is out of this world.

????

He plays with recklessness and he gets accused of playing outside of the team concept and for trying to be superman!!
B B M F 'ers
pballa
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#116 » by pballa » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:52 am

sigh, hes one of the few players who plays with all his might and this is what he gets
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#117 » by BigSlam » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:42 pm

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Bobcats don't expect top scorer Gerald Wallace to return until sometime after this month's All-Star break as he recovers from a partially collapsed lung and broken rib.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3884460
B B M F 'ers
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets

Post#118 » by fatlever » Wed Feb 4, 2009 9:53 pm

good news that they are talking like it will be for only a few more weeks and not something that could end his season.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,187

Post#119 » by Rich4114 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 10:02 pm

BigSlam wrote:
Rich4114 wrote:I second that, when he plays with more recklessness he is out of this world.

????

He plays with recklessness and he gets accused of playing outside of the team concept and for trying to be superman!!

Well he can play with recklessness and still be inside of the team concept. I guess I'm just saying if he feels like he's protected now after all of these injuries, he is more likely to dive a little extra, jump a little higher, run a little faster, etc. it seems. Just being theoretical here.
August Us Seazr
Pro Prospect
Location: Somebody tell me something really funny. I NEED a good laugh!

Post#120 » by August Us Seazr » Thu Feb 5, 2009 6:04 am

Been reading up on what has been said.

Crash has had a real downer of a season- losing 2 relatives and now this. He should take it easy with that lung business. Getting up and down will be a REAL pain for quite a while. I'm sorry that he is going through this, but on the bright side, he will come back rested for the stretch run.

Now to address the Bynum part of this equation. I know he is now injured. I won't comment on the "karma" part of this, but I personally don't wish him any ill will. We too may one day have a player on the Bobcats who makes a similarly dumb play, hurting another team's star player at a critical point in the season. It could happen. But what I want to address is the mind-set that Bynum will have when he returns to action. Will he be the same player? Or will this turn of events work on his mind in a bad way, turning him from "promising" to merely an average big. Two years, two knee injuries. Caused another player a serious injury. Not such a good way to go out with a bum knee.

I hope that both Crash and Bynum will keep their spirits up. Quick recovery demands a good attitude. I know that Crash won't change his game, but with Bynum being a young big, he needs to come back determined to learn how to work the defensive area better. I thought I heard that Kareem was coaching him- maybe instead of offensive moves, he needs to straighten out the defensive game to the point where he doesn't commit flagrant fouls when he is beaten by a smaller guy. Maybe he should be watching a ton of game film, or Better Basketball disks, or picking Kareem's brain for tips on keeping good defensive position. But the bottom line is, if he keeps making that kind of hard foul, he won't have a good reputation in the league. Which leads to the fouls going the other way, etc. I hope that he will dedicate himself to make his game better. It will be good for all of us real basketball fans.

I hope both players will be back soon. Claw on Bobcats!
In loving memory of Barbara Hickman Taylor 07/20/1955-11/27/2010. Rest in Peace Sweet Lady!
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#121 » by BigSlam » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Crash is saying he will be back for the Magic game (Tuesday after ASW).

http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_n ... gic-1.html
B B M F 'ers
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#122 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Great to hear.

Hopefully Bell will be back by then, too, and hopefully no more injuries till then.

Then we'll finally get to see this team healthy for once.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Elwren
Junior

Post#123 » by Elwren » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Not relating to Crash but to the above posted article:

Is Bell going to be out for the Wizards game? I thought he would only be out for two games but the article seems to imply that he will be "still out" on Wednesday :(

Return to Charlotte Hornets