ImageImage

okafor/chandler - share your thoughts (merged)

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: Okafor for Chandler rumors 

Post#101 » by ohara » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:56 pm

This is just the Bobcats way of ensuring we still keep our 1st rounder from next season's Draft.
WaydownSouth
Junior
And1: 1

Post#102 » by WaydownSouth » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 pm

Oh man......... I wake up this morning and find this BS...........

It was like waking up in bed with a chic next you facing away, she then rolls over and holy hell, she's as ugly as a smashed crab.... You then realise that the 10 shots of vodka's, 15 beers and 2 tequila probably wasn't that good of an idea and she delares that she's not on the pill and you are in a whole lot of hurt..
doc.end
General Manager
And1: 191

Post#103 » by doc.end » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 pm

Be positive - Vlad will love him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJ7a_rtQbM
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,137

Post#104 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:01 am

WaydownSouth wrote:Oh man......... I wake up this morning and find this BS...........

It was like waking up in bed with a chic next you facing away, she then rolls over and holy hell, she's as ugly as a smashed crab.... You then realise that the 10 shots of vodka's, 15 beers and 2 tequila probably wasn't that good of an idea and she delares that she's not on the pill and you are in a whole lot of hurt..

Almost sig worthy.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
W_HAMILTON
RealGM
And1: 16,992

Post#105 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am

Good Lord. They should just give Wallace and Augustin to New Orleans and fold the Bobcats, and I'll just go back to being a fan of the Hornets. At least then I could watch them on NBALP.

This is awful. There is no upside. There is almost no one from NOH that would make this a good trade. What the hell did OKC trade for this guy last year? Wasn't it like, no one? Why do we have to give up one of the best centers in the league?

And there's NO DOUBT in my mind this was done as a financial measure, meaning to make it easier to sell the team. Even if it "frees up" money for Iverson, we could have signed Iverson and kept Okafor, (if you want the most talented team). And if what everyone said is correct, we are going to be paying MORE for Chandler the next couple of seasons than we will Okafor. That means this is only a deal to shed long-term debt to make the franchise look more attractive to sell.

BigSlam wrote:It shows you how far off fans are when they are talking about the trade value of their players.

No, it shows you how stupid some NBA front offices is, and how many (including ours, obviously) don't care about winning but care about their finances. The only way someone would do this trade like this talent-wise is if they care strictly about their finances. If Johnson was making money, or didn't care about money, there is no chance this trade would be made.

PS - didn't NOH trade Chandler to OKC for cap relief? But they are willing to take on Okafor's contract? Isn't that a good sign you're making an awful deal?

PPS - look at all the ironies. We trade one of our players to NOH because we can't afford to pay him, but they can. Our young franchise gives up a promising, young, defensive center (remember Mourning)?
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#106 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:03 am

PPPS - given those ironies, is this Bob Johnson saying FU to the redneck bumpkins in Charlotte who were always on his case, even when he did a few things right? Hmm.
Howard Mass wrote:You do not have the right to not be offended. Just because something is offensive to you does not mean that it breaks the board rules.
Pointguard#1
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#107 » by Pointguard#1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah be patient if this deal was to turn out to be Okafor and a resigned Felton for Chandler and Chris Paul no one here would turn it down. Let's wait and see what the deal ends up being.
e4Nf6
Starter
And1: 1

Post#108 » by e4Nf6 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:06 am

I still can't believe it.....

I know I'm in denial but I can't help it. Even as a salary dump this doesn't make sense, we surely could have gotten a better player and/or draft picks.

All we have to look forward to now is what Walt said, We make the team that left us one of the better teams in the west and get to listen to everyone talk about how stupid we are for a while.

If I ever see Bob Johnson in person I'm going to punch him square in the nose.....
=/∞
hotrod
Veteran
And1: 150

Post#109 » by hotrod » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:12 am

But the Hornets are in salary dump mode also supposedly, so this makes no sense. Maybe he won't pass the physical again.
Bowser
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#110 » by Bowser » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:13 am

Pointguard#1 wrote:Yeah be patient if this deal was to turn out to be Okafor and a resigned Felton for Chandler and Chris Paul no one here would turn it down. Let's wait and see what the deal ends up being.

There is absolutely 0% - ZERO PERCENT - that that is what the deal will become.

Sometimes I wish we never let Bickerstaff go and kept him as GM/Coach. I think he would've had us in the playoffs by now.
thruthefire
Head Coach
And1: 600

Post#111 » by thruthefire » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:13 am

It's been 4+ hours since news broke about the trade talks, but it hasn't been finalized yet. I'm holding out hope that the Bobcats have come to their senses.
Humble yourself.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#112 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am

No Yao, no Shaq.

Okafor playing alongside Paul.

He'll be an All-Star next year. Book it.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#113 » by BigSlam » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am

Paydro70 wrote:Slam... no way. There is just no possible way that this is the best deal we could get for Okafor. What's the downside? That he has a long-term deal? Like the Thunder wouldn't be interested? We couldn't even get straight-up expirings and a pick, we have to take Chandler back? This is indefensible, I'm sorry.

Don't get me wrong - I hate the deal, but I find it really, really hard to believe that the FO would just jump at something like this without exploring every possible angle.

They aren't about to cut off their nose to spite their face.

And I have no doubt this is all driven by LB.

Where are all the "ILBIT" crew??
B B M F 'ers
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#114 » by chabber » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:21 am

This bus is being driven by Bob Johnson. If that's not obvious to you then I don't know what to tell ya.

If Larry Brown is involved in anything it's that he's probably asking for a Center replacement in return.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#115 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 am

everyone post their favorite "do not want" lolcat, that's the only thing that could turn this thread around.
arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#116 » by arh1109 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 am

If this deal goes down, our front office is officially the bitch of the league. Behind the Sacramento queens. And someone needs to kick Bob Johnson in the balls, or the soft patch where his balls used to be.
W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#117 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:25 am

Yeah.

I'm a very vengeful person, and I would say that this is a financially-driven move by a jilted Bob Johnson. A pretty good one, too.

I'm guessing Johnson won't be around much longer. This is (hopefully) a last big FU to Charlotte. Trading a better player to our former team? Clearing cap space by trading with our formerly "cheap" team? Trading away a young, defensive center just like the Hornets did back in the day?

On the vengeful scale, that's pretty damn good.
chabber
Veteran
And1: 826

Post#118 » by chabber » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:26 am

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Post#119 » by Walt Cronkite » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:28 am

W_HAMILTON
RealGM

Post#120 » by W_HAMILTON » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:29 am

Return to Charlotte Hornets