ImageImage

okafor/chandler - share your thoughts (merged)

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 562

Re: okafor/chandler - share your thoughts (merged) 

Post#521 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Okay, so I have to amend my earlier comment and say that everyone here except for fats and Mrglover LOVED Jrich.
Battery
Analyst
And1: 158

Post#522 » by Battery » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Okay, so I have to amend my earlier comment and say that everyone here except for fats and Mrglover LOVED Jrich.

Well bub, there ya go. I guess everyone didn't LOVE JRich as much you thought. Perhaps next time you shouldn't speak for everyone, eh? :P
Battery
Analyst

Post#523 » by Battery » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:10 pm

thruthefire wrote:J-Rich's shooting hurt us more than it helped us? This is just like the Okafor is addition by subtraction crap. :lol:

Nah, I'd say JRich had more of a positive impact than Okafor did. But then again, I didn't really think much of Okafor.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#524 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Bub? Should I call you Logan or Wolverine?
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#525 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Anyway, my emphasis was on "loved" not "everyone". My point was that we flip on our guys as soon as they aren't wearing orange and blue and that I think that's really stupid.
CatNation
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#526 » by CatNation » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Anyway, my emphasis was on "loved" not "everyone". My point was that we flip on our guys as soon as they aren't wearing orange and blue and that I think that's really stupid.

Don't ever stop being a Bobcats fan. You don't wanna hear what we REALLY think of you. :evil:
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#527 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Have at.
Battery
Analyst

Post#528 » by Battery » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:17 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:Anyway, my emphasis was on "loved" not "everyone". My point was that we flip on our guys as soon as they aren't wearing orange and blue and that I think that's really stupid.

OK. So you be the one to start a new trend. Hate on Tyson Chandler now that he's Bobcat.

Oh wait, you've already done that. :roll:

EDIT: :lol:
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#529 » by Walt Cronkite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:36 pm

I've invested a lot more into the Bobcats on this board than you. If we never trade Okafor you're still a Ballboy, but for some reason you're a better fan than me?

I hate the Okafor trade, you hate Okafor. I'll be cheering for Tyson once games start, I sure as hell hope I'm wrong about everything I've written, I just don't see that happening.

Did you actually edit that post to add the lol emoticon? There's no "this post was last edited at ___ . It has been edited ___ times" in the footnote.
catsandheels
Freshman

Post#530 » by catsandheels » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Walt Cronkite wrote:I hate the Okafor trade, you hate Okafor. I'll be cheering for Tyson once games start, I sure as hell hope I'm wrong about everything I've written, I just don't see that happening. .

I agree with you i dont like the okafore trade to much but ill have to accept it and hope that tc does as good as mek
spectre_
Lead Assistant
And1: 15

Post#531 » by spectre_ » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:20 am

CatNation wrote:

Don't ever stop being a Bobcats fan. You don't wanna hear what we REALLY think of you. :evil:

Whoah...hopefully that's a joke?

Walt and I have locked horns a few times but that doesn't change the fact we're pulling for the same side here. Regardless of any heated posts I'm still going to respect the guy for wanting to be involved in our team and I'll be on his side when it's "us" vs. "them".

Besides, he has a point. Maybe not here with these particular posters (esp. Fats...I know he didn't like Richardson), but this stupid bashing of former players is pretty pathetic. Sure, there's nothing wrong with being a little more forthright with some negatives that we might not otherwise mention if they were still on the team...but this "he sucks" stuff is juvenile. For the most part this board used to show a little more maturity than that.
RaptorJ wrote:they (Bobcats' fans) seem to be some of the least intelligent posters on RealGM from some of the trash they say.

Irony
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,554

Post#532 » by Bassman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am

I always liked Okafor but was disappointed he never got to that next level. I think he will provide a good foundation for the Hornets down low, and with CP3 and West will compliment the team. But I don't see him becoming that much better than he has been, even with better talent. I do think they will miss some of Chandler's pluses (when he was healthy). But I'm looking forward to what TC will bring to this squad. We've still got gaps, and will remain an average team until we add a special player into the mix.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Battery
Analyst

Post#533 » by Battery » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:52 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:I've invested a lot more into the Bobcats on this board than you. If we never trade Okafor you're still a Ballboy, but for some reason you're a better fan than me?

Alright so you spent more time on this board than me, what does that mean? I've spent more time and money going to the games. Do you even get the games on TV in Raleigh?

But I would never say I'm a better fan than you. Other than this forum, I have no idea what your participation is.

I hate the Okafor trade, you hate Okafor. I'll be cheering for Tyson once games start, I sure as hell hope I'm wrong about everything I've written, I just don't see that happening.

I don't hate Okafor. I'm just not in love with his game. Actually I love him more than ever, now that he's not on the Bobcats.

Did you actually edit that post to add the lol emoticon? There's no "this post was last edited at ___ . It has been edited ___ times" in the footnote.

I did. I guess realgm was :lol: too, that it forgot to include the footnote.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#534 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:57 am

I was just trying to make sense of your post, didn't make any to me. It's like you didn't even read what I wrote, just wanted to bring up Tyson Chandler again (whom I hadn't mentioned in days.)
e4Nf6
Starter
And1: 1

Post#535 » by e4Nf6 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:19 am

Walt speaks the truth....

I imagine if one day the unthinkable (for me) happens, and we trade Crash. I can look forward to hearing about how overated he is, and how he didn't help the team, was always hurt, etc.

Jrich as I recall, ran away with the most hammers in the mouth-breather era. So there is concrete evidence that not only did people here like his game, but that he was our team MVP that year.

All this stuff about Jrich hurting the team or not being a "team player" is ridiculous. He's a good player and Diaw is perhaps a little better at a harder to fill position.
=/∞
Battery
Analyst

Post#536 » by Battery » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:21 am

Walt Cronkite wrote:I was just trying to make sense of your post, didn't make any to me. It's like you didn't even read what I wrote, just wanted to bring up Tyson Chandler again (whom I hadn't mentioned in days.)

Let me remind you that it was you who said this...

"Yea... everyone here LOVED Jrich until we traded him."

Why use the word everyone in front of the word LOVED? Obviously I'm going to call you out on that because it's not accurate. Everything that came after that is just a distraction from the original disagreement.

Answer this please, do you get the games on TV in Raleigh?
Battery
Analyst

Post#537 » by Battery » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 am

e4Nf6 wrote:Walt speaks the truth....

I imagine if one day the unthinkable (for me) happens, and we trade Crash. I can look forward to hearing about how overated he is, and how he didn't help the team, was always hurt, etc.

Jrich as I recall, ran away with the most hammers in the mouth-breather era. So there is concrete evidence that not only did people here like his game, but that he was our team MVP that year.

All this stuff about Jrich hurting the team or not being a "team player" is ridiculous. He's a good player and Diaw is perhaps a little better at a harder to fill position.

Truth about what? Walt chirped about everyone here loving JRich only to find out he was mistaken.

As for JRich having the most hammers, come on dude who are you comparing him to? Put JRich on the Tar Heels and I guarantee you he gets the most hammers. People here are in love with stats and will just go by that, even though they didn't watch the game!!!

And don't get me started on Crash. I can pick apart his game too. In fact, I won't shed a tear if we do trade him because the goal is to BUILD A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. Not a 40 win team. Right on!
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#538 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 am

I've already amended the statement in quotes to remove mrglover and fat lever from the all inclusive "everyone". I put a word in to something I wrote that I shouldn't have, that happens when you put substance in posts instead of vague emoticons. Everything after that is just a distraction from the original disagreement? What?

We didn't get all of the games in Raleigh, no. So I had to go out of my way to find streams of the games.
Walt Cronkite
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#539 » by Walt Cronkite » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:37 am

How can you even write about what the love for Jrich was like when you weren't even posting here? Jrich was a beloved player on Realgm. If you post on BCP or some other board and things were different there, then that's another story.

LOL at Hammers somehow proving this board is in love with stats. That's absolutely hilarious.

You can pick apart the game of any player outside of what, Kobe or LeBron?

Battery, who's your favorite player on the team? Why?
CatNation
Banned User

Post#540 » by CatNation » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:41 am

spectre_ wrote:
CatNation wrote:

Whoah...hopefully that's a joke?

Yeah sorry if it wasn't clear.:D Just a joke about how we rip on everyone the second they aren't associated with the franchise.

Return to Charlotte Hornets