It's still early but this season really feels like a changing of the guard.. the ushering in of a new era.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,203

Re: It's still early but this season really feels like a changing of the guard.. the ushering in of a new era. 

Post#41 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 am

Calinks wrote:I still feel this way and we are seeing a ton of the older players and teams fall off big this season. The new wave is here.

Next season is going to be even worse for the older Western squads. There aren't really any older teams in the East with the exception of Chicago (Demar and Vooch). Miami still has a lot of younger guys around Jimmy Butler.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,663

Re: It's still early but this season really feels like a changing of the guard.. the ushering in of a new era. 

Post#42 » by Calinks » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
Calinks wrote:I still feel this way and we are seeing a ton of the older players and teams fall off big this season. The new wave is here.

Next season is going to be even worse for the older Western squads. There aren't really any older teams in the Esst with the exception of Chicago (Demar and Vooch). Miami still has a lot of younger guys around Jimmy Butler.

Yea. I think some of these teams will get a bit better or make some moves but the face of the NBA is changing for sure, its just one of those times. The Lebron, Durant, Curry, etc era is on the way out.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,203

Post#43 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 pm

Calinks wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:

Next season is going to be even worse for the older Western squads. There aren't really any older teams in the Esst with the exception of Chicago (Demar and Vooch). Miami still has a lot of younger guys around Jimmy Butler.

Yea. I think some of these teams will get a bit better or make some moves but the face of the NBA is changing for sure, its just one of those times. The Lebron, Durant, Curry, etc era is on the way out.

The other old team I left out was Milwaukee. They are cooked as well, even with Giannis.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,287

Post#44 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Lebron, Steph and KD are getting into their mid-30s and beyond. James Harden too. It's time for a change. Respect the fact that they dominated the league for the past 10 years. The question now is whether anyone can beat Jokic.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,283

Post#45 » by bisme37 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Yes we're in for an epic Finals series between young stars Anthony Edwards and Caleb Martin.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#46 » by Spicy P » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:02 pm

It’s great to see. Hopefully it marks the end of the superteams too with teams like the Suns, Lakers, Clippers, etc. all flopping. All the dominant and upcoming teams today are homegrown.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,104

Post#47 » by G R E Y » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

Seems like the team up era and stars forcing their way to desired destinations as the ink is drying on their newly signed contracts is on its way out as well. Good.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:

Return to The General Board