2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #8 New Orleans Pelicans (OKC SWEEPS 4-0)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Thunder in 4
16%
Thunder in 5
39%
Thunder in 6
27%
Thunder in 7
6%
Pelicans in 4
2%
Pelicans in 5
1%
Pelicans in 6
4%
Pelicans in 7
5%

Total votes: 125

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,531

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #8 New Orleans Pelicans (OKC leads 2-0) 

Post#1141 » by Dirk » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

NBA half time

60/21/10
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,448

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #8 New Orleans Pelicans (OKC leads 2-0) 

Post#1142 » by Airmiess » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:38 pm

Id much rather watch Vince than Kenny. I get Kenny has the entertainment factor i guess.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,763

Post#1143 » by cupcakesnake » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 pm

Bloodbather wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
Bloodbather wrote:
So much talent on the team, but the roster is in dire need of reshaping. They need to get rid of CJ and Val and get pieces that fit better. I'd actually consider giving Zion a shot at PG with a lineup of Zion, Murphy, Ingram, Herb, and a center that can protect the rim and is respectable from three.

Point blank, after this series, BI can not be on this team anymore

Wouldn't give up on BI, that sort of triple threat wing play isn't easy to find. They need pieces that complement him and Zion better. Murphy, Herb, and Daniels fit the mold, but they need a different profile at C and to move on from CJ.

Ingram definitely can't be the focus of an offense. He doesn't pressure the rim and he doesn't like to space the floor. He's a complementary scorer. That would be fine if he was doing the little things, but he struggles with all of that.

But yeah 6'9" long armed guys with that skill set are rare.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,104

Post#1144 » by G R E Y » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Reggie sounds like a teen's posts on a basketball forum read.

What insights or playing observations is he bringing? He has a unique pov as a former player. Tap into those to start at least...

Reggie knows the game, he played it, even if it was a while back. Just cant really translate it verbally, that's the problem with a lot of these forner players, its even what separates great coaches from the not so great coaches

I don't know about coaching but certainly fits about commentating. It's a different dynamic talking about the game in real time in public. Reggie was an awesome player but yeah he needs to expand his commentary. If Perk still has a job talking there's no reason why Reggie can't get better.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,464

Post#1145 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm

Airmiess wrote:Id much rather watch Vince than Kenny. I get Kenny has the entertainment factor i guess.

Yeah, i mean, easy choice. Kenny's a douche. Vince just stutters, ill take that over Kenny any day
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,203

Post#1146 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:
Bloodbather wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Point blank, after this series, BI can not be on this team anymore

Wouldn't give up on BI, that sort of triple threat wing play isn't easy to find. They need pieces that complement him and Zion better. Murphy, Herb, and Daniels fit the mold, but they need a different profile at C and to move on from CJ.

Ingram definitely can't be the focus of an offense. He doesn't pressure the rim and he doesn't like to space the floor. He's a complementary scorer. That would be fine if he was doing the little things, but he struggles with all of that.

But yeah 6'9" long armed guys with that skill set are rare.

You get rid of Ingram because he's going to want a raise and you'd rather keep Herb/Trey and Dyson. The other issue is, Brandon's a fake all-star. Sure he made it once, but elite defenders have proven they can guard him one-on-one without help because he has no diversity in his offensive attack. He is strictly an iso player who needs to feel the leather. Send him somewhere he can statpad and lose.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1147 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:

What insights or playing observations is he bringing? He has a unique pov as a former player. Tap into those to start at least...

Reggie knows the game, he played it, even if it was a while back. Just cant really translate it verbally, that's the problem with a lot of these forner players, its even what separates great coaches from the not so great coaches

I don't know about coaching but certainly fits about commentating. It's a different dynamic talking about the game in real time in public. Reggie was an awesome player but yeah he needs to expand his commentary. If Perk still has a job talking there's no reason why Reggie can't get better.

I will say i know a lot of people dunk on him (me included) but i like how excitable Reggie is on a broadcast at least. Sometimes he overdoes it but its mostly kinda endearing, hes like a homeless colour guy version of the great Gus Johnson
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,772

Post#1148 » by scrabbarista » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 pm

G R E Y wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:

I turned the game on in the first quarter, and the first sentence I heard included the words "Brandum Ingrum." Had it muted ever since, except for a few ten-second duck-ins.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1151 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Nance is crazy being a professional basketball player
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1153 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

Between Giddey and Dort, they've hit 6 threes.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1154 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

INGRAM. TOOK. A. 3.

scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,772

Post#1155 » by scrabbarista » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

scrabbarista wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Reggie knows the game, he played it, even if it was a while back. Just cant really translate it verbally, that's the problem with a lot of these forner players, its even what separates great coaches from the not so great coaches

I turned the game on in the first quarter, and the first sentence I heard included the word "Brandum Ingrum." Had it muted ever aince, except for a few ten-second duck-ins.

Like, seriously, most of us probably wouldn't let that slide in conversation with friends. How is it okay that a multi-billion dollar engine can't get someone to say "Brandon" correctly? Maybe I should chill, but it feels insulting as a viewer, and I'm happy to watch on mute.
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1156 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Dort is amazing man

Canadian basketball has leveled up on the perimeter and wing really f'n fast.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,909

Post#1157 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:53 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Dort is amazing man

Canadian basketball has leveled up on the perimeter and wing really f'n fast.

Just need some true bigs or hope someone wants to follow Embiid's footsteps. Anyone want free Healthcare?
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,438

Post#1158 » by rockmanslim » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Kind of embarrassing, all the empty luxury courtside loungers. New Orleans DGAF about a Zionless team, can't blame em.

Why not go up to the nosebleeds and offer the fans there free courtside seats to save face on TV.
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,448

Post#1159 » by Airmiess » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Idk where Carson Wallace is in his development, but if his trajectory is still going up then this OKC team might even surpass the KD and Westbrook era within the next few years.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#1160 » by Funcrusher » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 pm

CJ shook ones part 2

Return to The General Board