Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,573

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#181 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 pm

shi-woo wrote:Anyone standing up for Joel in this thread are clowns. An entire circus of clowns led by the biggiest of them all, Embiid himself.

The NBA changed the entire way the game is played and called, making it impossible to guard jumpshooters, all to protect players and their landing space. There is no argument to be made for what Joel did, and he honestly should be suspended. Being near someones landing space is a tech, what he did was wild by 2024 standards.

The 2 kicks to the groin also bothered me. It's not like these dudes are guarding him like Marcus Morris or Dre, Hartelstein and Robinson are just playing strait up defense, no need to do that, especially if you are the clearly better player.

I wouldn't be surprise if Joel came down on a shoe tonight while shooting a midrange, and i wouldn't feel bad

Of course none of us want Embiid to get hurt, but if karma comes around and bites him in the rear (say via a knee injury) I doubt many non-Embiid and non-76ers fans will feel bad for him.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,191

Post#182 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm

I have no issue with what embiid did the other night and I never had an issue when he did it to my raptors either. This league is so soft that everything is a flagrant now and we need get back to physicality when guys like rodman and Barkley would elbow guys at the free throw line and nothing would happen.

There is no chance the referees are ejecting the MVP of the league for Mitchell **** Robinson. He would have to slit his throat at half court and even after that I would have to think about it.

The worst thing about embiid is the grifting and flopping he does which upsets way more than hitting people in the nuts. I hope he continues to play with that level of physicality.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,131

Post#183 » by Lockdown504090 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 pm

kinda irrelevant, but crazy stat: embiid has not gotten to the line from posting up according to nba.com tracking data powered by synergy.. but he gets free throws on nearly 2/3 drives to the basket he takes, not shots while driving, JUST DRIVES.... jokic gets 1 ft per game posting up. not to just pick on him.

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tracking-post-ups?SeasonType=Playoffs&dir=D&sort=POST_TOUCH_FGA

This really goes the problems with the rules. if you just get really physical as the offensive player, look for ways to generate illegal contact and then act like you got hit by deebo, you can manufacture easy points. talent and athleticism are greatly diminished out of defense, Guarding the ball is just being strong, having mobile hips, and being disciplined. having quick hands, fast feet, and great reflexes are not as important as they were when guys like avery bradley, tony allen, and younger paul george were terrorizing ball handlers.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#184 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 pm

vulture wrote:I have no issue with what embiid did the other night and I never had an issue when he did it to my raptors either. This league is so soft that everything is a flagrant now and we need get back to physicality when guys like rodman and Barkley would elbow guys at the free throw line and nothing would happen.

There is no chance the referees are ejecting the MVP of the league for Mitchell **** Robinson. He would have to slit his throat at half court and even after that I would have to think about it.

The worst thing about embiid is the grifting and flopping he does which upsets way more than hitting people in the nuts. I hope he continues to play with that level of physicality.

Physicality and dirty are different. The guys must be making plays on the ball. Kicking at people achilles tendons or tripping as they blow by you is dirty. A hard contest where you use extra force to body check/swipe across the arms at the hoop is a hard foul. Big difference.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#185 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm

drekwins wrote:
vulture wrote:I have no issue with what embiid did the other night and I never had an issue when he did it to my raptors either. This league is so soft that everything is a flagrant now and we need get back to physicality when guys like rodman and Barkley would elbow guys at the free throw line and nothing would happen.

Physicality and dirty are different. The guys must be making plays on the ball. Kicking at people achilles tendons or tripping as they blow by you is dirty. A hard contest where you use extra force to body check/swipe across the arms at the hoop is a hard foul. Big difference.

The Knicks can do the same thing and I would have no issue with it.
Siakam cracked his orbital bone after all the stuff he did against the raptors and I applauded him for it.
This is the playoffs everything is fair game to me.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,747

Post#186 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#187 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm

76ciology wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter

Oh look he’s alive and well.
Let’s stop crying and play ball.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,980

Post#188 » by Exp0sed » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:07 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:No you don't.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

That is not an argument at all, my friend. There is really no argument that can defend this bearhug. None. It was a dirty play with intent to harm.
Prove to my he tried to hurt him. He pulled him down to protect himself. It was reckless and stupid no doubt. Yeah it was dirty. But knowing the psychology of people generally when you are always suffering injuries I find it very hard to believe he wants others to get hurt as well.

if he wanted to protect himself, why didn't he roll over to the side, away from the basket and from the rest of the players. jut roll over, that's what he does on the court anyway, right? :)

:nod:
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,020

Post#189 » by Rockazoids » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:11 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
QingJames wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:whataboutism

Did OG also commit a flagrant 2, kick two Philly players in the nuts, and flop into a guy's ankles in the same game?

What don't you understand about the fact that it's not one single incident alone people are repulsed by, but the sum of his actions during that game? (And his reckless play throughout his career, frankly.)
Ah I see so because you think Embiid has a rep others are allowed to shove him to the ground, be physical, maul him during the series but he's got to just stand and take it.

This is the playoffs. Things will get intense, physical and occasionally overboard. **** happens... Move on.

So you are saying that's physical play? so you are ok with Newton Third Law.
As I said in a another thread

What is Newton's 3rd law?

Newton's third law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. The "action" and "reaction" refer to forces; if Object A exerts a force on Object B, then Object B exerts an equal amount of force on Object A in the opposite direction.
This is what they are calling for.
The Knicks have been kicking their ass all year and Embiid knew it.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#190 » by Exp0sed » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Prove to my he tried to hurt him. He pulled him down to protect himself. It was reckless and stupid no doubt. Yeah it was dirty. But knowing the psychology of people generally when you are always suffering injuries I find it very hard to believe he wants others to get hurt as well.

Protect himself? He freaking pulled him towards himself. That's not trying to protect yourself. That's putting yourself in more danger just to make sure the other guy definitely gets hurt.

Again, you do not bear hug someone's legs while in the air. You just don't. When you do, you're trying to injure them. Period. Every player knows that you don't pull that kind of ****.

Its not worth going back and forth with this guy. He literally has spent the last 3 days in the series thread and now this one trying to spin it any which way he can to defend Embiid.

Like you said, he did it with intent to injure, not to 'protect himself' he is leaving out the part where Embiid was clearly having a temper tantrum and was annoyed and already doing dirty plays prior to this one, clearly showing he was angry.

right on, as if anyone other than Eyeatoma needed that extra context,he frigging yanked the legs of an opposing player, in the restricted zone, as he was going up and in the air

tbh it's the most unsportmanlike foul (and dangerous) foul i've seen all season and..he wasn't suspended for it!

i mean wth do we have replays for?
disgusting player, forever will remain a crying loser
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,131

Post#191 » by Laimbeer » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
ChuckyFE wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Image

every time i watch it it gets worse

Not just the grabbing of the legs, but the way he tried to throw Mitch as he's falling back down. It's a total Embiitch move. Hoping karma catches up to him, real quick.

can't believe this discussion with the Joe L stans is still ongoing

I really can't think of a bigger Embiitch move than this one, even Dray has never done anything this bad
It looks like Embiid was trying to get Robinson's foot to land ON him?? Like trying to draw a foul?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
RandlesCornrows
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,616

Post#192 » by RandlesCornrows » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:21 pm

Nah Sixer fans can try to justify Embiid all y'all want. His loser mentality speaks for itself
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#193 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm

vulture wrote:
drekwins wrote:

Siakam cracked his orbital bone after all the stuff he did against the raptors and I applauded him for it.

start watching the games. the knicks play hard, embiid is dirty. IF you would actually watch the game and if you are so unbiased as you act, you would know that too. your are talking out of your ass to start **** over here :D
im bout dat action boss
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,478

Post#194 » by gavran » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Nuntius wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
What is actually indisputable is that Embiid DID try to injure Robinson. You don't bear hug someone's legs without the intent to injure them. You do it with intent to harm. Period.
No you don't.

That is not an argument at all, my friend. There is really no argument that can defend this bearhug. None. It was a dirty play with intent to harm.

I'm wondering, if you still believe this guy is not as bad as Hussein.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#195 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:35 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:
vulture wrote:
drekwins wrote:

start watching the games. the knicks play hard, embiid is dirty. IF you would actually watch the game and if you are so unbiased as you act, you would know that too. your are talking out of your ass to start **** over here :D

I don’t care how hard the Knicks play. Embiid is bigger than everyone else and he can bully these bitches all he wants.
If the Knicks have an issue then they can fight back but they won’t. 8-)
RandlesCornrows
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,616

Post#196 » by RandlesCornrows » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:51 pm

vulture wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
vulture wrote:

I don’t care how hard the Knicks play. Embiid is bigger than everyone else and he can bully these bitches all he wants.
you’re so incredibly out of touch.

There’s a difference between playing hard then playing dirty and being an absolute bitch about it

Again, his reputation from fans across the NBA speak for itself. Everyone knows he an all time talent. But the average fan is losing respect.

You better hope his knees can let until he’s 32, sad thing is not many people will feel bad.
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#197 » by Exp0sed » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

vulture wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:
vulture wrote:

ur right about that last part, Knicks should have immeditely sent their 15h man to knock Embiitch out cold
Sims would have been perfect for the job
vulture
Head Coach

Post#198 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
vulture wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:

ur right about that last part, Knicks should have immeditely sent their 15h man to knock Embiitch out cold
Sims would have been perfect for the job

We all know they won’t.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,874

Post#199 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

vulture wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually he's out for the game, so......
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
vulture
Head Coach

Post#200 » by vulture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:38 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
vulture wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually he's out for the game, so......

He’s alive tho and he didn’t get hurt on that play so…

Return to The General Board