Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,825

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#261 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
damn. that is what i would call provocative. surprised there wasn't a giant brawl.

Philly fans after game 3:

Philly fans after Game 4:

:lol:

Nope he's ours and he's great. The dude is playing with a messed up leg and face. Go ahead and try and play with Bell's Palsy, I'm sure you're dropping 50 night to night.

Problem was that Nurse played him the entire 2nd half. The problem is that the Sixers bench is so ass, that they are over -30 when he's off the floor and +30 when he's on. Again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.

Philly is +14.6 with Embiid on the floor.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#262 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:04 am

Gusto1903 wrote:Lol at Embiid once again suckin in the Playoffs.
But this is ridiculous beyond belief. Why is he griefing so hard. That stepping on Harts leg is horrible. The worst part is, that he does it multiple times, he knows exactly what hes doing. It looks really painful, especially with the size and weight of him.

Because he knows we're the better team.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,515

Post#263 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:21 am

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
axeman23 wrote:

Philly fans after game 3:

Philly fans after Game 4:

:lol:

Nope he's ours and he's great. The dude is playing with a messed up leg and face. Go ahead and try and play with Bell's Palsy, I'm sure you're dropping 50 night to night.

Problem was that Nurse played him the entire 2nd half. The problem is that the Sixers bench is so ass, that they are over -30 when he's off the floor and +30 when he's on. Again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.

After today's game.
cgf
RealGM

Post#264 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

After today's game.

It was +14.8 before game 4.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#265 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 am

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

After today's game.

Then I'm mistaken, as I heard it was +30 in one of the games or in the series. What's the offcourt?
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#266 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:43 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
After today's game.

Read on Twitter

Is is Kevin O'Connor wrong then?
cgf
RealGM

Post#267 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:46 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
After today's game.

Then I'm mistaken, as I heard it was +30 in one of the games or in the series. What's the offcourt?

It may have been that high in one of the individual games, not sure how to find individual game net ratings. His On-Off is an insane +75.0

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#268 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 am

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

It may have been that high in one of the individual games, not sure how to find individual game net ratings. His On-Off is an insane +75.0

See my post above yours. This is where I got it from, can you share your source? Because either you or O'Connor are wrong, and I'll go with the professional on this one.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=joel+embiid+%2B%2F-+in+2024+post+season
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,225

Post#269 » by AdagioPace » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:48 am

eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Read on Twitter

Embiid is clearly a dominant player when on the floor. My impression is that he often looks gassed in crunch time though compared to the average player. it's only my impression but It would be interesting to see his +/- during the last minutes of the game.
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
cgf
RealGM

Post#270 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:49 am

eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Read on Twitter

Gotcha, thought you were talking about net rating...which is calculated per 100 possessions...KOC is talking about the raw point totals.

cgf
RealGM

Post#271 » by cgf » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:50 am

eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

See my post above yours. This is where I got it from, can you share your source? Because either you or O'Connor are wrong, and I'll go with the professional on this one.

See my previous post, and my source was bbref

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/embiijo01.html#all_pbp-playoffs_pbp

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#272 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am

AdagioPace wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Embiid is clearly a dominant player when on the floor. My impression is that he often looks gassed in crunch time though compared to the average player. it's only my impression but It would be interesting to see his +/- during the last minutes of the game.

I mean, facial paralysis, and an injured leg, while no time to get conditioning will do that. He also played 44 minutes total, 4 minutes of rest, and all of the 2nd half. Which he's never done in his entire life. All on bad conditioning. It's an indictment on the team, his teammates and management for not putting competent players around him. Players who have been horrible, Tobias Harris, Paul Reed, Buddy Hield. Not to mention getting absolutely destroyed on the glass.

Maxey has been terrific this series but was terrible the 4th quarter, missing a wide open 3 pointer, and not realizing Kyle Lowry was trying to miss the shot,and he was supposed to get the rebound, which was coming his way.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#273 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

See my previous post, and my source was bbref

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/embiijo01.html#all_pbp-playoffs_pbp

I'm looking everywhere but can't see the +/- for the series, or the offcourt numbers. If your'e looking at the average I'm not sure that's how you calculate it. BBref is also missing today's game.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#274 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:00 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

Gotcha, thought you were talking about net rating...which is calculated per 100 possessions...KOC is talking about the raw point totals.
Ah ok

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,255

Post#275 » by socal74 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
AdagioPace wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

I mean, facial paralysis, and an injured leg, while no time to get conditioning will do that. He also played 44 minutes total, 4 minutes of rest, and all of the 2nd half. Which he's never done in his entire life. All on bad conditioning. It's an indictment on the team, his teammates and management for not putting competent players around him. Players who have been horrible, Tobias Harris, Paul Reed, Buddy Hield. Not to mention getting absolutely destroyed on the glass.

Maxey has been terrific this series but was terrible the 4th quarter, missing a wide open 3 pointer, and not realizing Kyle Lowry was trying to miss the shot,and he was supposed to get the rebound, which was coming his way.

Is brain paralysis an issue too? I have never seen a player just maliciously trying to hurt other players and not get punished at all. This is some weird ****.
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,255

Post#276 » by socal74 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 pm

MVP1992 wrote:
Hatrick Ewing wrote:
OrangeBlueSkies wrote:

Embiid is damaged goods. Yes, his contract has certain benchmarks that he must hit and that protect against knee injuries, but that being said, who wants to trade assets for him? I'm sorry, but giving up 5 FRPS for Embiid is worse than that Gobert trade. Rudy is one of the NBA's IRONMEN, who also has A MASSIVE IMPACT ON WINNING. Does Joel win? Is Joel a winner? Or a whiner?

Whiner!

Are you guys suggesting Embiid has little impact on winning games?

What was the sixers record playing with him vs without him this season?

Your team is not winning so what impact is he actually making? All these on off BS metric. He's been scrubalicious in the 4th quarter of all 4 games these playoffs. Where's the impact when it counts? He's playing in the 4th qtr right?
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 989

Post#277 » by Decipher » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:20 pm

socal74 wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:
Hatrick Ewing wrote:
Whiner!

Your team is not winning so what impact is he actually making? All these on off BS metric. He's been scrubalicious in the 4th quarter of all 4 games these playoffs. Where's the impact when it counts? He's playing in the 4th qtr right?

I can’t stand the way Embiid plays but he’s the best player in the series by some distance

That’s hardly surprising because he is

Unfortunately, he isn’t fit & is being run into the ground because the Sixers are horrendous with him sitting

Bash him for his antics but the guy can play
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,522

Post#278 » by Rendei » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
cgf wrote:

Read on Twitter

That just makes his -4 in the 4th quarter this series all the more eye popping.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#279 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

Decipher wrote:
socal74 wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:

I can’t stand the way Embiid plays but he’s the best player in the series by some distance

That’s hardly surprising because he is

Unfortunately, he isn’t fit & is being run into the ground because the Sixers are horrendous with him sitting

Bash him for his antics but the guy can play
This

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#280 » by eyeatoma » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Read on Twitter

That just makes his -4 in the 4th quarter this series all the more eye popping.
Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

Return to The General Board