Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,255

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#301 » by socal74 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm

HardenGoat wrote:The shoulder check on Brunson is legit dirty, the Hart leg is very suspect too although it didn't look like he put his weight into it. Is Hart actually hurt by this at all?
Hart grabbed his own leg after Embiid stepped on it. Im pretty sure it hurt but does the opposing player need to get injured for Embiids action deemed malicious? That's how you're making it sound right now. Icant believe Philly fans are actually justifying this dudes actions. Like someone said before, once or twice could be accidental but I just saw videos of multiple incidents with Embiid. Stepping on Grant's head. Pulling Smarts arm. Man that was some dirty ****
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,071

Post#302 » by Exp0sed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm

Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

If he were healthy, which it would be a lot easier. If he was conditioned like hwas during his historic regular season run, this would be a different story.

All people ask for is a healthy Embiid. I know that falls on deaf ears after 10 years of this ish, but it continues to be the calculus with him.

It's rare for an entire offense and an entire defense to revolve around a 7 foot 280 big man. Especially one that is injury prone. The Sixers could have mitigated this if they built the team properly. They didn't so they rely on his health, which has been terrible in the post season. He is also the unluckiest player alive with oribital fractures, torn finger ligaments, meniscus tears with players falling on him and now facial paralysis of all things.

He's healthy enough to dominate the first 3 quarters of the game, but not healthy enough to play well in the 4th quarter? I call BS. Everybody's got something this time of year. It's up to him to know his own body and pace himself on the court.

exactly!

KAT tore his meniscus and had surgergy after Embiitch did. Joel came back to play like the final 6-7-8 games of the season, KAT only saw limited mins in the final game of the season. so his conditioning and rust should be worse, however he is making winning plays and being a major contributor to his team winning. why is that?

the day of game 1 (or 2, i don't remember which) was the day KAT was supposed to return to on-court activities. he was rushed back weeks before schedule (unlike Joe L who had completed his recovery timeline)

he was dominating the Wizards and the Pistons late in the season, he wasn't injured then, he wasn't injured when he "dropped" 50 on the Knicks but he was suddenly injured in the 4th where he choked as usual (there's a reason we used to call him "Chokebiid", after all)

ridicilous takes
Joel Is a dirty player, a loser and a sore loser at that
babbling about the loud New-Yorkers in Philly's stadium instead of once, just frigging once coming out and saying - i don't what happened, I just choked in the 4th :)

ironically, that would have earned him more respect, even tho he lost what little respect I had for him after his unsportstmanklike antics in this series

I hope they lose in 5 and I hope he's got a towel to hide his tears behind (again)
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,414

Post#303 » by robbie84 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:55 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

If he were healthy, which it would be a lot easier. If he was conditioned like hwas during his historic regular season run, this would be a different story.

All people ask for is a healthy Embiid. I know that falls on deaf ears after 10 years of this ish, but it continues to be the calculus with him.

It's rare for an entire offense and an entire defense to revolve around a 7 foot 280 big man. Especially one that is injury prone. The Sixers could have mitigated this if they built the team properly. They didn't so they rely on his health, which has been terrible in the post season. He is also the unluckiest player alive with oribital fractures, torn finger ligaments, meniscus tears with players falling on him and now facial paralysis of all things.

Embid has always had issues in the 4th quarter with conditioning simply because of his size and role.
And in a playoff series where he's playing a stretch big like Al Horford he's had the same issue where he has to chase someone around the perimeter and then do his All NBA offensive work on the other end. By game 5 or 6 of a playoff series he's visibly exhausted by the 4th quarter and his shots come up short, his lift isn't as high etc.. it's definitely a strategy of opposing teams to make him work, be physical with him and watch him decline by the 4th quarter because he simply has nothing left.

Side note, the 'only' dirty play he had in game 4 was the Brunson Elbow to the face. The others weren't intentional at all- he wasn't even looking where he was stepping/landing. The guy is a dirtball but he was better about it in game 4. The flailing and pretend shots to draw fouls on Hartenstein are just awful to watch as a basketball fan, but they're legal. Hopefully the NBA changes the rules to deter this stuff but for now, he's just trying to get to the line as much as possible.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,140

Post#304 » by axeman23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:02 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Right it's his fault not his -37 team lol. If you're run into the ground of course you'll suck at the end of the game.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

The Sixers can't BUILD a team properly, because every year when they bow out, it's always "someone ELSE'S" fault, then that person, whether it be GM, coach, assistant, co-star or random player has to be moved on. But we all know who's fault it will NEVER be... :roll:
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,140

Post#305 » by axeman23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:17 pm

robbie84 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:Embiid needs to learn to pace himself like a marathon runner, then. All NBA superstars get pushed like that in the playoffs. The 4th quarter is the most important quarter, and this isn't his first rodeo. He needs to figure it out if he wants to ever win.

Embid has always had issues in the 4th quarter with conditioning simply because of his size and role.
And in a playoff series where he's playing a stretch big like Al Horford he's had the same issue where he has to chase someone around the perimeter and then do his All NBA offensive work on the other end. By game 5 or 6 of a playoff series he's visibly exhausted by the 4th quarter and his shots come up short, his lift isn't as high etc.. it's definitely a strategy of opposing teams to make him work, be physical with him and watch him decline by the 4th quarter because he simply has nothing left.

Side note, the 'only' dirty play he had in game 4 was the Brunson Elbow to the face. The others weren't intentional at all- he wasn't even looking where he was stepping/landing. The guy is a dirtball but he was better about it in game 4. The flailing and pretend shots to draw fouls on Hartenstein are just awful to watch as a basketball fan, but they're legal. Hopefully the NBA changes the rules to deter this stuff but for now, he's just trying to get to the line as much as possible.

Well considering what has been happening this series, and series/seasons past, maybe he needs to START looking where he is stepping/landing? :dontknow:
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#306 » by Exp0sed » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm

robbie84 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Rendei wrote:

The flailing and pretend shots to draw fouls on Hartenstein are just awful to watch as a basketball fan, but they're legal. Hopefully the NBA changes the rules to deter this stuff but for now, he's just trying to get to the line as much as possible.

I really don't get why the NBA hasn't done so already.
Embiid isn't the only one ofc but he's the only one doing it as a primary strategy and that move has nothing to do with basketball, literally no basketball fan on earth wants to watch Embiitch baiting defenders to instinctively put a slight hand on him on his right side and then he just randomly goes up for a shot and since he shoots right handed - that's technically a foul

that makes zero sense, just change the rule already
if the player had no intention of actually shooting then it shouldn't be a foul. i mean if u only gather and go up to shoot because a defender's hand is on ur right side - it shouldn't be a foul

I honetly can't see anyone objecting to it. it makes the refs job a little harder perhaps but other than them and Embiitch, everyone will be for it and rightfully so

that shi*'s unwatchable
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 989

Post#307 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 am

Exp0sed wrote:
robbie84 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

The flailing and pretend shots to draw fouls on Hartenstein are just awful to watch as a basketball fan, but they're legal. Hopefully the NBA changes the rules to deter this stuff but for now, he's just trying to get to the line as much as possible.

I really don't get why the NBA hasn't done so already.
Embiid isn't the only one ofc but he's the only one doing it as a primary strategy and that move has nothing to do with basketball, literally no basketball fan on earth wants to watch Embiitch baiting defenders to instinctively put a slight hand on him on his right side and then he just randomly goes up for a shot and since he shoots right handed - that's technically a foul

that makes zero sense, just change the rule already
if the player had no intention of actually shooting then it shouldn't be a foul. i mean if u only gather and go up to shoot because a defender's hand is on ur right side - it shouldn't be a foul

I honetly can't see anyone objecting to it. it makes the refs job a little harder perhaps but other than them and Embiitch, everyone will be for it and rightfully so

that shi*'s unwatchable

Simple solution

Don’t touch him
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#308 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:44 am

Decipher wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
robbie84 wrote:

Simple solution

Don’t touch him

stop..it's a contact sport
if there's a player that actually turned his offensive game into initiating contact and flop the moment you lay a hand back on him, he's lurking like a predator, not even thinking about buckets, just using his footwork, pump fakes etc for the sole purpose of getting an incidental and instinctive contact and fake going up..good on him, he found a loophole in the rules and abuses it for his benefit but the league needs to step in

it's hard not to "touch him" when he's the one initiating the contact
if a defender can't touch him it stands to reason he shouldn't be allowed to touch the defender

in reality it's a contact sport and if there isn't a real intention to score and movement isn't impeded in any way - then by the spirit of the game, it shouldn't be a foul
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 989

Post#309 » by Decipher » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:01 am

Exp0sed wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

Simple solution

Don’t touch him

stop..it's a contact sport
if there's a player that actually turned his offensive game into initiating contact and flop the moment you lay a hand back on him, he's lurking like a predator, not even thinking about buckets, just using his footwork, pump fakes etc for the sole purpose of getting an incidental and instinctive contact and fake going up..good on him, he found a loophole in the rules and abuses it for his benefit but the league needs to step in

it's hard not to "touch him" when he's the one initiating the contact
if a defender can't touch him it stands to reason he shouldn't be allowed to touch the defender

in reality it's a contact sport and if there isn't a real intention to score and movement isn't impeded in any way - then by the spirit of the game, it shouldn't be a foul

Poor defence and a blatant foul

Sorry but dem’s the rules

Read on Twitter
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#310 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:09 am

Decipher wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Simple solution

Don’t touch him

Read on Twitter

bro, what r u talking about?
in the video u posted there's a clear foul, defender bites on the pump fake and Embiitch takes advantage. that's a basketball play and it's always been around, that's a foul 100% of the time

I was talking about an entirely different move, I don't have a clip to post need to look for one, maybe later

edit: since hand-checking isn't allowed but obviously still occurs (mostly briefly, as defenders use it to gain a momentary advantage and release it before a ref blows his whistle), Joel just dribbles around, drives etc. whatever until he feels that hand on right side and then he goes up to shoot. it's not a real shot attempt and thus shouldn't be a foul. by current rules it is a foul and that's how it's called, i'm sure the league will do something about it next season, no one wants to watch that S***
Exp0sed
Head Coach

Post#311 » by Exp0sed » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 am

Decipher wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Simple solution

Don’t touch him

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

here's one example
you can see that Embiid fakes going up the second Hartenstein touches him. he has no intention to actually shoot and he isn't even trying. is that a foul, do u see a foul there?

the craziest part to me, is that they reward Embiitch with these phantom bs foul calls but no whistle when he fouls the most blatant over the back foul imaginable

Read on Twitter
:banghead:
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 444

Post#312 » by Hatrick Ewing » Wed May 8, 2024 1:17 am

Mitch Robinson is out for the playoffs. Started limping directly after Embiid's disgusting antics. Don't recall a player who was such a loser that he not only wasn't able to be remotely successful in the playoffs himself, but also ensured that teams he faced up against faced potential troubles moving forward as well. Almost like a radioactive loser.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Post#313 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Thu May 9, 2024 11:48 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
MVP1992 wrote:
Hatrick Ewing wrote:
Whiner!

Are you guys suggesting Embiid has little impact on winning games?

What was the sixers record playing with him vs without him this season?

we are suggesting he can be shut down in the playoffs, cuz that's what happenes year in and year out. proof is in the pudding.

this 76ers roster is awesome and this dirty bum can't even carry them past a shorthanded Knicks team with a max player sitting on the bench and his best defender in a walking boot because he injured him maliciously.

dude really gave up that open jumper after being automatic all season long and then had a clear lane for a dunk, who can stop him from dunking there, Precious who gives up alot of size and weight to Embiid?
instead he ends up getting partially blocked by Achiuwa, I mean can u imagine any ATG big not converting on that play, in that moment?

low i.q, bad decision maker and that's what ya get

Butler + Simmons + Harris wasn't enough. Harden + Maxey + Harris wasn't enough to get out of the first rd..meanwhile Harden alongside PG13 are smacking an elite Mavs team and Butler with a little help is a finalist.

we still rememeber that Embiid didn't play game 1 last season and Harden had 41 and won them the game and we see what he's doing now. how come he couldn't do that next to Embiitch? the truth is, Joel's low i.q is a huge obstacle in the playoffs. did u see him last night throwing the ball away like 3 or 4 times trying to pass like Jokic? even the bounce pass that did somehow made it thru to Maxey was lol bad and was a hair away from another turnover

so yeah, where is this big impact on winning in the playoffs?
dude is 30 and has never been out of the 2nd round..

vs the Hawks a couple of years ago he had back to back games with 8+ To's, he's the only player in history to have 8+ To's in b2b playoff games

last season he had the largerst drop off in scoring from rs to playoffs for an MVP, ever

can u imagine Jokic with Maxey, Harris, Oubre and Lowry losing at home to the Knicks without Randle, Mitch or Bogdanovic? lol, they would smoke these Knicks..

but Joel runs away from the ball in the crunch (did the same last season and people blamed Doc for not force feeding him), turns out it's Embiitch who shies from the big lights. he's hogging the ball all year long, breaking usage records jacking up 33 FGA vs. the Hornets and Pistons and in the crunch in the playoffs, his team is lost cuz suddenly he's running away from the ball

Jokic would have taken the ball in his own half and made sure they were getting good looks as a team. Embiitch would rather have Oubre taking all the shots, cuz he's scared of failure and criticism

a dirty player and a mental midget, giving him that fraudulent MVP will stay a stain on those dumb voters and on the league

So now I see why they call you “exp0sed”

Return to The General Board