Let's talk Jalen Brunson foul baiting

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

How egregious is Jalen Brunson foul baiting?

Embiid/Harden, Top level
23%
Giannis/Doncic/SGA level
15%
Lillard/Butler/AD level
24%
Average star
20%
Below average
6%
What Foul baiting?
10%

Total votes: 143

tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,277

Re: Let's talk Jalen Brunson foul baiting 

Post#61 » by tribulations » Fri May 3, 2024 7:20 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
tribulations wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:if you dont foulbait in todays league, you are just dumb sorry. no one cares if you are an honorable baller. at teh end of the day you get judged on stats and accolades and these guys are professionals, they gotta take every inch they can get.

its been part of the game for so long now, at some point you gotta live with it. And JB is not even in the top20 foulbaiters in the league

^^sadly true

I mean its always been apart of the game, they just used to say it was clever, but now that players like Harden and Embiid have abused it completely to basically make a mockery of the sport at times, its become something seen as negative.

You can go back to clips from the 70s and watch players pumpfake and jump into the defender and get an And1, etc. So its always been there.

Yeah I agree with this take tbh. It just seems so much more egregious and embellished now.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,552

Post#62 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=_MnByiRKN4M5ZcH88LIIRw&s=19

This was pathetic.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#63 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 10:12 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Whether you like it or not its a skill to have and Brunson is elite at it

Lowry was baiting for fouls all series. He just doesnt have as many shot attempts obviously but dude is dirty and be on the bs lol
I find it weird that people try to justify this but roast others for grifting.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#64 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 10:14 pm

seren wrote:I have a simple solution for Brunson’s foul baiting. Accept the fact that he blew by you and keep your hands to yourself. Problem solved
Explain this then?
Read on Twitter

reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,635

Post#65 » by reload141 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:24 pm

Meh.

Players foul bait, it’s a part of the game, and if you’re smart enough (Like Brunson is) he is extremely crafty and savvy at it.

At the end of the day, it’s not on Brunson.

It’s on the refs.

They decide if it’s a foul or not.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,648

Post#66 » by KingFox » Fri May 3, 2024 10:25 pm

He's good at it. I actually wish Fox did it more :lol: dude is so fast, they swallow the whistle. I hate it when players do it but of course i'd love to have Brunson on my team
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#67 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 10:27 pm

People really need to keep that same energy for other players. These same reasons are used when they do similar things, and in some ways not as egregious, and the GB has a meltdown.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#68 » by RHODEY » Fri May 3, 2024 10:37 pm

stuporman wrote:#4 in points per game
#2 in drives per game
#14 in FTA per game

I guess the stats suggest he's either bad at baiting, the refs aren't biting or maybe it isn't what you think.

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,710

Post#69 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:40 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:Whether you like it or not its a skill to have and Brunson is elite at it

Lowry was baiting for fouls all series. He just doesnt have as many shot attempts obviously but dude is dirty and be on the bs lol

Whats is there to understand?. I mean its just apart of the game. Embiid averaged the most free throws in his mvp season that year. Its pretty safe to say he wouldn’t of won mvp if it wasn’t for being a foul baiter
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#70 » by cgf » Fri May 3, 2024 10:47 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was pathetic.

Yeah, Philly just couldn't help grabbing & fouling Jalen. They could've called a foul on Batum pretty much every time Jalen got by him. But if you get some better defenders maybe next year your defense won't be so pathetic?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,312

Post#71 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:52 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:Every team (including mine) would love to have Brunson on their team.

It's easy to forget that Brunson has been brutally hacked and gotten non calls for much of the season, to the point Thibs (not a guy to normally throw shade at the refs made a point about this publicly a few months ago after a Knicks loss in the West (might have been against The Spurs)

I really hate white knighting/defending the Knicks but Brunson plays the game in a fair and respectable manner, unlike say Bum Adebayo and several of the Miami Heat who have a proven track record of playing dirty/trying to deliberately injury/hurt opposition players.

Bum clearly tried to take Tatum out in game 4.

Feels like a bit of Tall Poppy Syndrome (an Aussie slang term) when it comes to criticising Jalen Brunson and his game

He became a superstar via unconventional means (drafted in the 2nd round, got financially lowballed by the team that drafted him and hence signed on to his hometown team his father played for and is becoming a serious legacy player for that long suffering if not powerful and historical franchise.

Look I have no love for the Knicks at all, esp being a Boston fan, but the Brunson slander on this forum is bordering on the petty and the ridiculous

:clap: :nod:

respect :party:
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#72 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 10:55 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Whats is there to understand?. I mean its just apart of the game. Embiid averaged the most free throws in his mvp season that year. Its pretty safe to say he wouldn’t of won mvp if it wasn’t for being a foul baiter

And you'd see thread after thread with people hating on him for it. Similar reasons were used, saying it's part of hte game, blame the refs, he's smart for doing it. 95% of people scoffed at that, and said he's the hardest player in the league to watch.

Just like people want to see consistency with Jokic getting more love from the refs, people want to see more consistency of hating on certain players for drawing fouls, when others can be just as egregious with it.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#73 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 10:55 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

This was pathetic.

LMFAOOOOOOO

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

philly fans are SO JEALOUS AND BITTER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,973

Post#74 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 3, 2024 11:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:People really need to keep that same energy for other players. These same reasons are used when they do similar things, and in some ways not as egregious, and the GB has a meltdown.

Read on Twitter

Watch this video, it'll educate a lot of you.

If you let Brunson blow by you and you sprint into his back when trying to recover, thats on the defender. Sorry bud, don't let him blow by you.. bad defense shouldn't get rewarded.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#75 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:12 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:People really need to keep that same energy for other players. These same reasons are used when they do similar things, and in some ways not as egregious, and the GB has a meltdown.

Read on Twitter

If you let Brunson blow by you and you sprint into his back when trying to recover, thats on the defender. Sorry bud, don't let him blow by you.. bad defense shouldn't get rewarded.

No, you can't flip your head up into a defender going backwards. That's literally the Trae Young move. I saw the one play they said Batum grabbed his jersey lol, one play. Where else did that happen?
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,973

Post#76 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 3, 2024 11:13 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:

Read on Twitter

No, you can't flip your head up into a defender going backwards. That's literally the Trae Young move. I saw the one play they said Batum grabbed his jersey lol, one play. Where else did that happen?

You keep repeating something thats not true. Sorry. I'll go by the video from the NBA itself explaining the rule. You can keep crying though.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#77 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 816

Post#78 » by LaLover11 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:13 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:

Read on Twitter

True it's the Trae move
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#79 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:15 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=bJcUtOCSwzTqqyZgysWpbQ[/x]

Read on Twitter

Both the same play. Sorry, you can't argue this. It's clear as day.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#80 » by eyeatoma » Fri May 3, 2024 11:16 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
Read on Twitter

You keep repeating something thats not true. Sorry. I'll go by the video from the NBA itself explaining the rule. You can keep crying though.

What video?

Return to The General Board