2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
3%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 319

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,456

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks 

Post#181 » by dygaction » Mon May 6, 2024 1:49 am

Would rather betting on OMax breakout than Kieff and DP...

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,161

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks 

Post#182 » by HMFFL » Mon May 6, 2024 2:05 am

Mavs must win this with Luka and Kyrie.
Watching the two frontcourts could get interesting.
OKC is a slight series favorite at -121.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
advent11
Junior
And1: 378

Post#183 » by advent11 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:19 am

dygaction wrote:Would rather betting on OMax breakout than Kieff and DP...

Read on Twitter

This is bad news.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,476

Post#184 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 2:34 am

I'm sure they'll call on Dwight Powell the longest reigning Mav other than Dirk this century. A throw in during the Rondo trade like 9 or 10 years ago. Cuban's movie buddy so they kept him on the roster all this time.
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,338

Post#185 » by sfernald » Mon May 6, 2024 3:39 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
sfernald wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I hope they don't try PJ at center. Jesus every time we try to go small we get cooked enough's enough. We tanked to get Lively and made a good trade for Gafford, use them.

Okc will five out you to death with Chet. They can have basically 5 40% three point shooter out there all game. And if you guys switch will gafford / Lively be able to handle guarding Shai or JDub on the perimeter? If not maybe you guys go zone? Okc pretty much feasts on zones tho.

Wasn't an issue when we won 146-111. They only time we had this squad and Luka against OKC this season. They hit 17 3's that game but still got beat by 35. Most games teams only hit so many 3s regardless if they have 3 point shooters or not.

Even without Luka we played them closely in OKC they only won by 7. It's not like they have our number or anything. My main concern is just Luka's knee.

Yes, yes the “game”. Every Mavs game loves to bring that game up. The first game with the Mavs new players so there was no tape on them at all plus it was just generally one of the worst games Okc played this year in general.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#186 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 3:40 am

sfernald wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
sfernald wrote:
Okc will five out you to death with Chet. They can have basically 5 40% three point shooter out there all game. And if you guys switch will gafford / Lively be able to handle guarding Shai or JDub on the perimeter? If not maybe you guys go zone? Okc pretty much feasts on zones tho.

Wasn't an issue when we won 146-111. They only time we had this squad and Luka against OKC this season. They hit 17 3's that game but still got beat by 35. Most games teams only hit so many 3s regardless if they have 3 point shooters or not.

Even without Luka we played them closely in OKC they only won by 7. It's not like they have our number or anything. My main concern is just Luka's knee.

Yes, yes the “game”. Every Mavs game loves to bring that game up. The first game with the Mavs new players so there was no tape on them at all plus it was just generally one of the worst games Okc played this year in general.

Dude who cares we'll just see what happens. You're so sure OKC is going to win just predict a sweep then. People think they're so important with their predictions, who gives a crap the games will happen as they happen. I'm not guaranteeing a Mavs win especially because of Luka's knee I wouldn't anyway but you seem to be so sure so go ahead. I'm about the only poster on these threads that don't try to predict the outcome because I don't know and I'm fine with that I'll just find out by watching.

EastonEddy
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#187 » by EastonEddy » Mon May 6, 2024 3:42 am

Mavs have too much experience and court IQ between Kyrie and Doncic. They will find a way to slice OKC up in the halfcourt... OKC needs more seasoning.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,370

Post#188 » by MaliBrah » Mon May 6, 2024 4:36 am

how long does it take Mark D to do playoff rotations? Hayward should be a full time towel waver and clapper now , increase the main guys minutes and cut the rotation down. More Joe/Wiggins if Giddey isn't playing well.
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,338

Post#189 » by sfernald » Mon May 6, 2024 5:25 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
sfernald wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Dude who cares we'll just see what happens. You're so sure OKC is going to win just predict a sweep then. People think they're so important with their predictions, who gives a crap the games will happen as they happen. I'm not guaranteeing a Mavs win especially because of Luka's knee I wouldn't anyway but you seem to be so sure so go ahead. I'm about the only poster on these threads that don't try to predict the outcome because I don't know and I'm fine with that I'll just find out by watching.

I already said I predict a long hard fought battle 7 games series. Dallas will be a very good adversary. Okc is young. It would be an amazing accomplishment to get past the Mavs for them. Nothing but respect to Mavs and Mavs fans and I really do hope Luka is healthy for this series for you guys. It sucked for NO to lose Zion. That kind of thing just diminishes the whole thing in the end. But it’s always fun to talk a little **** too :devil:
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#190 » by MassimoPayne » Mon May 6, 2024 11:28 am

Read on Twitter

as long as he is not mentioning Dwight Powell we are fine
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#191 » by MFT5 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:50 am

MassimoPayne wrote:

Read on Twitter

Who do yu think DP is
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,352

Post#192 » by r0drig0lac » Mon May 6, 2024 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter

8-)
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#193 » by MassimoPayne » Mon May 6, 2024 12:43 pm

MFT5 wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:

Read on Twitter

Who do yu think DP is

**** i have overread that. we are ****
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,933

Post#194 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 6, 2024 12:57 pm

advent11 wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is bad news.

Maxence-Prosper has barely played outside of the G-League all year, of course Kidd is not going to lean on a rookie he's barely given tick to at this time of year. O-Max has a lot of skill work to do this offseason to earn more playing time for next season. Now, if more bodies go down, then yeah Kidd will have to give him a look.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#195 » by Swish77 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 pm

Mavs in 6. Mavs defense will be the key to this series don't be surprised if some games are in the 90's points wise for both teams. Should be a really fun series to watch.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,848

Post#196 » by dirkforpres » Mon May 6, 2024 4:28 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:It’s going to be a fun one, that’s for sure.

Only if Dallas wins ;)
FIRE JASON KIDD
prejt
Junior
And1: 380

Post#197 » by prejt » Mon May 6, 2024 4:33 pm

Feels like I've been waiting forever for this one to start.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 122

Post#198 » by Astaluego » Mon May 6, 2024 5:00 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
advent11 wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is bad news.

Maxence-Prosper has barely played outside of the G-League all year, of course Kidd is not going to lean on a rookie he's barely given tick to at this time of year. O-Max has a lot of skill work to do this offseason to earn more playing time for next season. Now, if more bodies go down, then yeah Kidd will have to give him a look.

He has a sprained ankle and probably won't be ready for the entire second round.
Old Mike Lorenzo
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,379

Post#199 » by Woodsanity » Mon May 6, 2024 5:10 pm

Kidd coaching will be a big concern. Can he be a decent coach this series?
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#200 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 5:36 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Kidd coaching will be a big concern. Can he be a decent coach this series?

Injuries took away his two favorite guys he usually frustrates some of us with. Maxi should be a PF only but he used him as a center the whole 4th and Harden and the entire Clippers ate at the rim, it cost us Game 4. And the other is Tim Hardaway Jr. Unless he tries to play PJ Washington at center for extended time and Thunder eat us up I can't see much he can do to screw up as far as rotation. Maybe play Dwight Powell too many minutes.

Return to The General Board