2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
58%
Pacers
43%

Total votes: 40

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,513

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#1521 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 9:54 am

gavran wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:That’s an outragous call on the floor

It’s ‘technically’ a moving screen but those never ever get called

So a good call then.

Maxey “technically” traveled in game 5 but I was told those never ever get called :roll:
R.I.P Black Mamba
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,750

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1522 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 10:08 am

You know the NBA is "broken", when somehow this happens. An obvious foul is called. And a coach challenges.

Fans (even home fans) laughing at "wasting a challenge"...

Knicks guy wrote:Thibs wasting the challenge on that, hopefully we don't need it later.

Chuck Everett wrote:In the regular season that would've been a defensive foul.

meekrab wrote:So Thibs doesn't challenge the phantom foul but does challenge this one that he's obviously going to lose, ok.

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:lol why is Thibs challenging that?

Mind boggling, unless they saw something before or something possibly offensive to overturn that I didn't see on the replay they showed...

Mavrelous wrote:LOL at this challenge

Knicks guy wrote:Not a good challenge imo. Too much contact there to just ignore it just cause he blocked the shot.

kingr wrote:body foul clearly

Zeno wrote:This might be the worst challenge I’ve ever seen.

Chuck Everett wrote:Why are they challenging that? That's a clear foul.

10DayContract wrote:Lol thats a foul.

RB34 wrote:Jumped into his body.

...only for the refs to overturn a very blatant foul.

The game was ruined for me from that point... because that situation announced that "something funny" was in play and one team would have to overcome external elements probably.

And then there was that cherry on top at the end. Get called for a kick ball that you can't challenge.

zeebneeb wrote:Pacers just got epically screwed. Not a kick ball, and the Knicks hit a three.

Wow.

But that wasn't enough... the Pacers had a chance still. So they called the moving screen!

Which added a solid two pages of "rigged" mentions to the search history.

I mean... it's very obvious what happened in this game...

One team playing in a way and the other, despite all the hart in the team, playing in a not so pleasant way.

Read on Twitter

^tweet is quite harsh and exaggerated, but still kind of truthful.

I was/am rooting for the Knicks to make the WCF/meed Celtics. But I wanted it to happen with chaos, 0-1 would have been more fun than 1-0.

So yeah, like some others... this type of stuff just destroys interest in these games. Interest dropped after this game 1. A lot of pressure on the Pacers to not go 0-2. I guess I am clueless about how good the Pacers actually are, so maybe they're able to be competitive in all games and this G1 will be forgotten.

Regardless, I still prefer the Knicks to make it through (ideally on a 4-3 series win). Let's hope this was the one time the refs decided to end the game for one team.

It's almost hilarious how we "function" as fans. How can home fans defend what happened in this game when they'd be talking about these refs for months if it was against them? It's just silly.

Just flat out admit the guy didn't kick the ball and then that you would have absolutely hated if you were prevented from having a shot at winning the game over such a call.

Knicks fans still have a hard on for Adebayo over some play. Imagine if you got jobbed by the refs like the Pacers were in this game at the end.

It's not "Knicks hate" in this thread. You just have to read this thread if you want... normal fans chilling, watching a good game, no real hints of "hate"... then they got upset over brutally bad calls. And these are mostly the same fans who rooted for the Knicks against the Sixers.

Just put yourself as a neutral fan watching that garbage at the end. I will trust everyone is capable of being rational if they can distance themselves from in game emotions. If you can't do that... then yeah... everyone else is a Knicks hater and all that happened was "normal".

If anyone says "oh he moved, good call". I suppose you will agree with these Pacers fans who allege that DDV also should have been called for a foul of his own 40 seconds earlier.

Read on Twitter

Closing the post with another Knicks hater upset.

Read on Twitter

Enjoy the W and team success (you deserve it!), but chill with the "Knicks hate" and "everyone is against us". It's not the case here. Let's still hop for a 4-3 chaotic series and Celtics/Knicks ECF because we need that.
60/21/10
Tron Carter
RealGM

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 1-0) 

Post#1523 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 10:09 am

Read on Twitter

Can’t believe the refs on the Knicks’s payroll even prevented Haliburton from closing out on defense. What a corrupt league
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1524 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 10:11 am

Dirk wrote:You know the NBA is "broken", when somehow this happens. An obvious foul is called. And a coach challenges.

Knicks guy wrote:Thibs wasting the challenge on that, hopefully we don't need it later.

meekrab wrote:So Thibs doesn't challenge the phantom foul but does challenge this one that he's obviously going to lose, ok.

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Mind boggling, unless they saw something before or something possibly offensive to overturn that I didn't see on the replay they showed...

Knicks guy wrote:Not a good challenge imo. Too much contact there to just ignore it just cause he blocked the shot.

The game was ruined for me from that point... because that situation announced that "something funny" was in play and one team would have to overcome external elements probably.

And then there was that cherry on top at the end. Get called for a kick ball that you can't challenge.

zeebneeb wrote:Pacers just got epically screwed. Not a kick ball, and the Knicks hit a three.

Wow.

But that wasn't enough... the Pacers had a chance still. So they called the moving screen!

One team playing in a way and the other, despite all the hart in the team, playing in a not so pleasant way.

Read on Twitter

I was/am rooting for the Knicks to make the WCF/meed Celtics. But I wanted it to happen with chaos, 0-1 would have been more fun than 1-0.

So yeah, like some others... this type of stuff just destroys interest in these games. Interest dropped after this game 1. A lot of pressure on the Pacers to not go 0-2. I guess I am clueless about how good the Pacers actually are, so maybe they're able to be competitive in all games and this G1 will be forgotten.

Regardless, I still prefer the Knicks to make it through (ideally on a 4-3 series win). Let's hope this was the one time the refs decided to end the game for one team.

It's almost hilarious how we "function" as fans. How can home fans defend what happened in this game when they'd be talking about these refs for months if it was against them? It's just silly.

Just flat out admit the guy didn't kick the ball and then that you would have absolutely hated if you were prevented from having a shot at winning the game over such a call.

Knicks fans still have a hard on for Adebayo over some play. Imagine if you got jobbed by the refs like the Pacers were in this game at the end.

It's not "Knicks hate" in this thread. You just have to read this thread if you want... normal fans chilling, watching a good game, no real hints of "hate"... then they got upset over brutally bad calls. And these are mostly the same fans who rooted for the Knicks against the Sixers.

Just put yourself as a neutral fan watching that garbage at the end. I will trust everyone is capable of being rational if they can distance themselves from in game emotions. If you can't do that... then yeah... everyone else is a Knicks hater and all that happened was "normal".

If anyone says "oh he moved, good call". I suppose you will agree with these Pacers fans who allege that DDV also should have been called for a foul of his own 40 seconds earlier.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Enjoy the W and team success (you deserve it!), but chill with the "Knicks hate" and "everyone is against us". It's not the case here. Let's still hop for a 4-3 chaotic series and Celtics/Knicks ECF because we need that.

The fact that you took the time to accumulate all these posts is equal parts hilarious and pathetic

searching the word “rigged” lmfaoooooo
R.I.P Black Mamba
kaansunman
Freshman
And1: 52

Post#1525 » by kaansunman » Tue May 7, 2024 10:12 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:So much whining about the refs on here.

Who woulda thought that would happen in a game where the refs decided the outcome and not the players? Wild.

The play where Toppin dunked, Brunson was fouled with no call to start that break. When Hart rebounded his own free throw he got hit on the head on his putback. Shoulda been another and one opportunity. Brunson drew a number of fouls but was fouled and bumped many more times with no call. Stuff happens. Players decided that game.

these calls have the butterfly effect the bad calls in any minute is not bigger than the last minute.
Close game, classic Knicks up and downs and somehow comeback with 7.5 rotation. How much this narrow rotation will continue for Knicks I am curios.
Moving the ball, motion offense is efficient fpr 43 minutes and let's say the "right way" to play basketball. But when it comes to last 5 minutes, you need your star to take over. That's where Brunson beat Haliburton.
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1526 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 10:16 am

Nobody benefited from the “refs” more than Tyrese Haliburton. He can just let the discourse surrounding his garbage azz performance fade into the background
R.I.P Black Mamba
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,244

Post#1527 » by RB34 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:18 am

Interesting to see how some of the Knick fans are reacting after that game.

Round 1 wasn’t that long ago. I recall the reaction after the Maxey travel.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#1528 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 10:25 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Dirk wrote:You know the NBA is "broken", when somehow this happens. An obvious foul is called. And a coach challenges.

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Mind boggling, unless they saw something before or something possibly offensive to overturn that I didn't see on the replay they showed...

Wow.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The fact that you took the time to accumulate all these posts is equal parts hilarious and pathetic

searching the word “rigged” lmfaoooooo

i usually like dirk but yeah this past was cringe
BaF
Washington Wizards
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,520

Post#1529 » by gavran » Tue May 7, 2024 10:27 am

RB34 wrote:Interesting to see how some of the Knick fans are reacting after that game.

Yes, we would be livid if that happened the other way around, and Indy fans would act exactly like Knicks fans do right now.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,382

Post#1530 » by robillionaire » Tue May 7, 2024 10:27 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can’t believe the refs on the Knicks’s payroll even prevented Haliburton from closing out on defense. What a corrupt league

I was at the game, when both this shot as well as the Hartenstein halftime heave went in they turned the rim magnets up to maximum level to pull the ball in. I could feel all the metal on me being pulled towards the court that’s how strong the pull from the 3.0 tesla rim magnet was. Totally rigged. Fake game
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1531 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 10:31 am

writing full ass dissertations over questionable calls during this game but I bet ya’ll sat on your hands when Maxey traveled during game 5 or JB was getting battered with no-calls all season.

Let me tune up the world’s smallest violin.
R.I.P Black Mamba
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,244

Post#1532 » by RB34 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:31 am

gavran wrote:
RB34 wrote:Interesting to see how some of the Knick fans are reacting after that game.

Yes, we would be livid if that happened the other way around, and Indy fans would act exactly like Knicks fans do right now.

And I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t be pissed if my team was playing.

At the end of the day, the referees need to be held to a higher standard. This season has been woeful, it’s only the start of the second round and there have been numerous outrageous calls. Zero consistency across the board.
Tron Carter
RealGM

Post#1533 » by Tron Carter » Tue May 7, 2024 10:34 am

gavran wrote:

the difference is that other posters on this board with 0 rooting interest in this series wouldn’t be writing college theses on how the refs are rigging the series for the Pacers.
R.I.P Black Mamba
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#1534 » by DaGawd » Tue May 7, 2024 11:06 am

possession before the tuner moving screen call… nembhard all over brunson jersey which caused him to turn the ball over.. but no foul was called.. where’s the crying over this missed call??
BaF
Washington Wizards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,861

Post#1535 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 11:09 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Na, the final few minutes, the refs gifted that game to the Knicks and every non-Knicks fan knows it. A Knicks fan in this very thread even said the Knicks board has a lot of people admitting it.

Not that it matters, the Knicks would have won a fair series either way, but this game was decided by the refs. Is what it is.

As Thibs said in the Sixers series, the other 46 minutes are important too.

Certainly, they were pretty one sided in those minutes also.

Our 2 best perimeter defenders had 3 fouls each in the first half. On several tacky tack fouls, that shouldn't be called in the playoffs. When Brunson's head jerks it's a foul.

TBF your perimeter defenders could've had more fouls if the refs called a tight game, they were bumping and grabbing Brunson before the ball was even inbounded on a lot of possessions.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,108

Post#1536 » by Bob Ross » Tue May 7, 2024 11:14 am

The better team won
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 512

Post#1537 » by davidfr94 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:16 am

Tbh i thought we had some pretty favorable calls against Milwaukee (like the push from behind on Middleton that should have been called a flagrant and would have probably cost us the game).

Tonight it was the other way around.

The thing is, it is pretty useless to talk about refs when your star player gives you 6 and 8 and your starting center has 2 rebounds. Siakam was okay but he should have more impact out there on a crucial game if we are going to give him the max.

You are not going to the ECF only counting on role players to step UP.

Sent from my 22011119UY using RealGM Forums mobile app
cgf
RealGM

Post#1538 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 11:17 am

The reaction to the Maxey travel? Are you talking about the page or two of knicks fans laughing about how Philly fans flipped out after game 2? Because there wasn't much outrage over the Maxey travel in Knicks land, most of us blamed the team for not closing that game and we found it funny that after all of the threads complaining about game 2, nobody mentioned the mistakes in game 5.

I thought Pacers fans had every reason to feel screwed last night, but trying to act like Knicks fans flipped out about the officiated in game 5 isn't accurate. We were much more upset about the s*** Embiid was allowed to get away with in game 3...especially before Robinson got back on the court.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#1539 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 12:01 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
cgf wrote:Randle's absence was really felt in that one. Not just because of our lack of depth and Brunson's minutes, but Julius has absolutely bodied Siakam in their past few meetings and is really huge for us early in games...so we don't have to dig ourselves out of a hole every game once Jalen finds his rhythm/dials in the range.

We really miss Mathurin. He was the best on our team at getting to the foul line. He finished games. He was one of the few guys that could get his own shot .

That wasn't meant as some "if only we were at 100% we'd blow them away" bravado. I was just lamenting not having Ju because of what he means to our offense, the Siakam matchup, and because with the way he was playing before getting hurt, I think he would've changed a lot of opinions about him this postseason if he had been healthy.

But yeah, I liked other-Ben a lot before he got hurt. I like Sheppard too...he reminds me of Quentin Grimes (who I'm still high on)...but he doesn't bring the kind of creation Ben did. I feel like I've said this about every series in the east so far, but I really wish we had gotten to see these teams at 100%...even if that meant 10-20 fewer RS games.

Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,547

Post#1540 » by Boneman2 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:14 pm

Knicks are the weakest 2 seed of all time.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne

Return to The General Board