Hot Takes and Flip Flops at this RealGM

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

dirkdiggler4177
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Hot Takes and Flip Flops at this RealGM 

Post#1 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:16 am

The Nuggets are by far the best team in the NBA - After the TImberwolves realized Nuggets only got one ballhandler, the Nuggets championship was a fluke
Gobert trade was one of the worst trades ever - The Gobert trade was such a chess move
Ty Lue does not run practices and that is why they suck - After winning the championship, Ty Lue is a great coach, outcoached Steve Kerr - Lost against Kidd, he sucks now
Luka Walton is a great coach (When Kerr was out) Better than Kerr - Walton with the Kings, he sucks, he is horrible
Paul George leads his team to the conference finals 2 years in a row at age 23, he is a true winner - He gets beaten by the Mavs, he is not a winner anymore

And today's special:
Jamal Murray has a career playoff 24ppg on 46% over 60 games, 10 more points than his regular seasons ppg - Jamal Murray is overrated

What are the ones you notice?
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,444

Re: Hot Takes and Flip Flops at this RealGM 

Post#2 » by svart » Tue May 7, 2024 10:25 am

paul george did it to himself when he said there is no more pressure to win for him.

and i have one as well: luka cannot defend a chair - luka looks like an elite defender
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,379

Post#3 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:32 am

RealGM is an ambivalent hive mind.

RealGM is a forum made up of different people with different opinions that conflict with each other.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,155

Post#4 » by UcanUwill » Tue May 7, 2024 10:34 am

Media kept flip flopping with Embiid. Dudes voted him MVP, then most of same guys act like it was biggest scam. But then next season starts, and they are all like, Embiid getting his second...

Going back to RealGM, there are so many, but first that comes to mind is Wembanyama now. Went from overrated scrub in summer league to "I am concerned" to glorified GOAT pretty fast there.

I myself kind off flip flopped on Chet. Went from you need size and guys like Jokic, Jonas will kill Chet, to - oh wait, Chet and OKC will just outshoot and outrun these 270+ pound dudes.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie

Post#5 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:34 am

svart wrote:paul george did it to himself when he said there is no more pressure to win for him.

and i have one as well: luka cannot defend a chair - luka looks like an elite defender

I still think the Clippers would have won had Kawhi been healthy. That is a matchup nightmare for the Mavs. Especially when Luka is hurt.
Also, the thread you are referring to, with Luka being a good defender got everybody saying no, he is not.

Paul George is damn good, just like Karl Anthony Towns. People used to say he was the most overrated and soft player in the league when he was not winning. I guess winning cures everything, meaning, get a good team, and your faults magically disappear.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,334

Post#6 » by lambchop » Tue May 7, 2024 10:35 am

Jokic is the best player since Jordan - Jokic is not HIM
Ant has limited impact - Ant is the heir to the throne

But looking back my all time favorite will still always be "Matthew Dellavadova is more important to the Cavs than Kyrie, because he has a better plus-minus, advanced stats, numbers per 36 etc."
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
dirkdiggler4177
Rookie

Post#7 » by dirkdiggler4177 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:37 am

zimpy27 wrote:RealGM is an ambivalent hive mind.

RealGM is a forum made up of different people with different opinions that conflict with each other.

Different opinions are fine, but people post threads here like they are Skip Bayless. Like one dude said Jason Kidd should be fired because of a couple of quotes. You ask him about Kidd's offensive and defensive schemes and he leaves the thread.
wablty
Sixth Man
And1: 1,084

Post#8 » by wablty » Tue May 7, 2024 10:42 am

I said KAT ran around like a puppy who wasn't used to his legs yet when he was in summer league and I stand by that to this day.

If he was coordinated, he'd be one of the 10 best players in the league. Dude needs to go do Yoga or something and he'll kill everyone.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,750

Post#9 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 11:06 am

zimpy27 wrote:RealGM is an ambivalent hive mind.

This.

Topic locked.

You can debate whatever opinions you have a problem with within the topics. There are plenty of topics. You don't need a topic discussing other topics.

Consider how boring things would be if people didn't have emotional opinions and "hot takes"? We'd just wait for the end of games/series to be captain hindsight.
60/21/10

Return to The General Board