Gilbert Arenas texting Nuggets bench player (shocking)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Sealab2024
Senior
And1: 777

Re: Gilbert Arenas texting Nuggets bench player (shocking) 

Post#21 » by Sealab2024 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:32 pm

All we have to do to find out if this is true is watch Friday night. I promise this is gonna get back to the T-Wolves locker room and those psychopaths aren't gonna think twice about opening the game by going right at Joker and seeing if they can check him out in the 1st quarter.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,427

Post#22 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 8, 2024 5:32 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Jokic's "I don't care about basketball" attitude got old awhile ago. I'm inclined to believe this isn't true, but I wouldn't doubt it at all. If the shoe fits...

I doubt its true but honestly if I were in his shoes I would be sick of Murray's antics.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#23 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:33 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:On one hand you can’t trust a word that comes out of Gilbert’s mouth, but Jokic did look a mentally checked out in game 2 so there could be some validity to this.

I don't blame him! Murray is taking more shots than averaging points. AG has disappeared. MPJ can't buy a bucket.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 2,998

Post#24 » by TheGeneral99 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:34 pm

Gilbert is a certified lunatic, take anything he says with a grain of salt.

It's honestly baffling to me that some people take his comments seriously.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#25 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:34 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Is he texting Deandre Jordan? That's my guess.

Not in a million years - they're seemingly best friends.

I think it's Reggie jackson.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,064

Post#26 » by vxmike » Wed May 8, 2024 5:38 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:On one hand you can’t trust a word that comes out of Gilbert’s mouth, but Jokic did look a mentally checked out in game 2 so there could be some validity to this.

I don't blame him! Murray is taking more shots than averaging points. AG has disappeared. MPJ can't buy a bucket.

The Wolves defense is absolutely stifling and Denver’s depth is non-existent. Minnesota is just the better team right now. That MPJ contract is hurting Denver’s ability to maintain depth around Jokic and Murray.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,661

Post#27 » by Baphomet » Wed May 8, 2024 5:43 pm

Gilbert Arenas is one of the biggest know-nothings in the current NBA media landscape and is an insecure tribalistic knucklehead who hates European players. Maybe what he's saying is true, I doubt it, but he can hardly be relied upon as an impartial source here.

As for Jokic, the guy has just put together a body of work that includes 2, soon to be 3, MVPs. One championship. One finals MVP. Clearly the best player in the league the last couple seasons, posting some of the best advanced stats we've seen in the history of the game. He has one bad game against some of the most insane defence we've seen in recent years, and all of a sudden he's overrated and the "he doesn't care about basketball" meme resurfaces? Is that seriously where we're at? Not even mentioning the fact that he's never played with another all-star, which is insane at this point, and has still achieved what he has despite that. So no, I'm not going to criticise him too harshly given his recent accomplishments.

Some folks really need to develop a sense of perspective and stop being prisoners of the moment.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,452

Post#28 » by Oscirus » Wed May 8, 2024 5:43 pm

same gilbert who chewed out Gobert for missing a game for the birth of his kid. **** that clown, putting out bull like that
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,407

Post#29 » by Frank Dux » Wed May 8, 2024 5:44 pm

Arenas is full of **** but go on a believe that nonsense.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,813

Post#30 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:44 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
Playing with the worst cast in the NBA will do that to you.

Murray/Jackson at halftime in G2: 1/15 with putrid defense
AG: starts 5/5, then goes 4/9 rest of way
KCP: 0 shots at half time

Jokic is the most dominant offensive force in NBA history but he can’t make up for essentially a supporting cast that would struggle to win 7 games without him in an 82 game season. And that’s the current Nuggets!

Y'all ripped Embiid and he has less than the Nuggets.

This team literally won a championship last season and people were calling them the next dynasty.

Now Jokic needs help lmao

Y'all are not fair with y'all criticism of certain players.

Come again? You have to be trolling with Embiid having "less" than Jokic. :lol: He's been surrounded by all-stars every single year of his career... the 76ers took games off the Celtics last year with Embiid out - could the Nuggets beat the Hornets without Jokic?

Embiid also goes out each year with a whimper - his playoff drops are historic! Jokic is averaging 28/15/10 through these playoffs... how much more is he expected to do?

If Denver's supporting cast of bums was playing even mediocre basketball, we're talking steamrolling the playoffs but alas you people will glaze Murray for hitting a game winning shot or two despite being the reason they needed the shot. :lol:

Jokic is about to get swept bro.

Please stop with the Jokic hype. Dude is great, but chill with the GOAT talk on this sub. He's not even in the top 5 players of all-time discussion let alone the GOAT.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,292

Post#31 » by Clemenza » Wed May 8, 2024 5:46 pm

They took away Denver's bread & butter pick & roll and thinks are turning into shambles literally overnight. It was all good just a week ago when Murray was burying the Lakers with buzzer beaters and on track for a repeat. I will say that Jokic did looked checked out in game two and wants this to end so he can get to his horse stables and dance away in Greece over the summer.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,305

Post#32 » by God Squad » Wed May 8, 2024 5:46 pm

Nice, We've reached the point where Gilbert Arenas is considered a credible source.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,385

Post#33 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 8, 2024 5:49 pm

No clicks.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#34 » by Calvin Klein » Wed May 8, 2024 5:49 pm

This board has been trash the last few days.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,997

Post#35 » by bisme37 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:51 pm

I'd like the board to have higher standards than this.

Return to The General Board