Toronto

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,105

Re: Toronto 

Post#81 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat May 4, 2024 10:12 pm

I'll tell you why.

- Too much redundancy between Pascal, Scottie, and OG.
- Lack of playmakers
- Zero depth/non-existent bench

With that being said, I think the Raps will be better next season.

Quickley
(Dick or Trent)
Barrett
Barnes
Poeltl

That starting 5 is a lot more well-balanced.

However, Raps still need a bench. Lack of depth will continue to kill us.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,976

Post#82 » by Jabroni Lames » Sun May 5, 2024 1:22 am

UcanUwill wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:Pascal, OG and Barbes essentially play same position, their game does excell in different ways, but the fit was clunky. I think there is a reason why basketball is played the way it is, and why positions exist still. Similar case with Phoenix this year I guess, individually, these players were good.

Also, sometimes it can be as easy as, do you have best player to close out the game. These 3 weren't that.

Positive net rating for that trio +3.6 with Nurse & +3.4 with Darko. Try again.

It was Nurse’s inability to optimize anybody other than FVV & Siakam as well as his stubbornness sticking to his defensive schemes that were figured out years earlier, that caused the Raptors to under-perform.

Yeah, ok, it was depth problem as knowledgeable posters have pointed out, and positive rating doesnt mean fit could have been better as they in fact had 3 good forwards as you clearly show, but lacked sustainability in other areas. If one of the forwards was PG and obe was a C, maybe positive rating would have been better all across the board?

You really need to quote me twice in two days to show me there is some kind off fool obsessed with Nick Nurse? War is f'ing happening, get a life, I dont give a f** Nick Nurse ***ed your wife...

Sorry, bad mood, I have bigger issues than NBA coach being bad, if you so passionate,maybe later I will like to read your expose analysis where Nick Nurse failed, beside talent good, result bad stuff. Where is your piece published? But for now, let us both sit in a corner and rethink our lives, maybe?

And.... this is exactly the type of emotional, over-the-top pushback that you consistently get when you dare to criticize Nick Nurse, even a smidgen. Have never seen a professional sports coach who has accomplished so little, so irrationally defended as being above reproach, as Nurse. Even coaches with better resumes, like Pop, get more way more flak...i.e, greater than zero.

I never wanted to make like a litany of posts pointing out the negatives of Nurse... but the pushback from his zealots just makes you want to force them to acknowledge the reality.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,186

Post#83 » by UcanUwill » Sun May 5, 2024 2:46 am

Dirk wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:
Positive net rating for that trio +3.6 with Nurse & +3.4 with Darko. Try again.

It was Nurse’s inability to optimize anybody other than FVV & Siakam as well as his stubbornness sticking to his defensive schemes that were figured out years earlier, that caused the Raptors to under-perform.

Yeah, ok, it was depth problem as knowledgeable posters have pointed out, and positive rating doesnt mean fit could have been better as they in fact had 3 good forwards as you clearly show, but lacked sustainability in other areas. If one of the forwards was PG and obe was a C, maybe positive rating would have been better all across the board?

You really need to quote me twice in two days to show me there is some kind off fool obsessed with Nick Nurse? War is f'ing happening, get a life, I dont give a f** Nick Nurse ***ed your wife...

Sorry, bad mood, I have bigger issues than NBA coach being bad, if you so passionate,maybe later I will like to read your expose analysis where Nick Nurse failed, beside talent good, result bad stuff. Where is your piece published? But for now, let us both sit in a corner and rethink our lives, maybe?

Don't evade the language filter. If you have to write words that get filtered out... then let the words be filtered out.

It is a paradox to say Jabroni Lames is some kind of fool obsessed with Nurse, "while war is happening"... while at the same time you're swearing at Jabroni... "while war is happening".

We all get frustrated and are not in the bad mood at times... but perhaps in those moments, we also need to appreciate others may also have their own things going and it's not ideal if you are lashing out at someone that you don't know.

Jabroni only pointed to a stat. Keep your spirits up and don't lash out at fellow realgmers, especially when clearly no ill intention exists in the post back to you.

Raptors fans still view Jonas a franchise legend. Be nice to the Raps!

Sorry, I know my post was inappropriate, I apologise. just as a person who has actual life altering problems, it got annoying. No one even mentions Nurse at all, but the guy sees some Nurse cult stalking him (as seen above again...). I know that my mental state is very bad, but as a person who is in mental institution and been there many times, 95% of patients I have ever seen, seemed to be in far more adequate state than both me, and that poster and his way too serious obssesion.

Sorry, I know I am not appropriate, I will log out for a while, because my state is very bad.

So I apologise again, I know its my fault, but we can all at least try to adress what was said when quoting people, or if you think coach is to blame, at least present a good argument, I would like to hear at least one. Beside OP mentioning Nurse's name, it didn't seem like most posters even adressed the fact who was the coach, no one was interested the guy hates that coach. Didnt even cross my mind who was the coach, but I am Nurse zealot apparently. Guy clearly sees white ghosts, so maybe someone needs a help, similar to mine?
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,587

Post#84 » by baldur » Sun May 5, 2024 2:48 am

toronto fans think rj and quickley are better than siakam and OG is beyond me.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,970

Post#85 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 5, 2024 2:56 am

baldur wrote:toronto fans think rj and quickley are better than siakam and OG is beyond me.

Who thinks this?
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#86 » by UcanUwill » Sun May 5, 2024 2:58 am

baldur wrote:toronto fans think rj and quickley are better than siakam and OG is beyond me.

I did think Quickley was better than OG, but I want to take that back. Barrett played very well as a Raptor, if it was his real form, he would be great, but I think it is very optimistic thinking that ignores reality. RJ at the end of day was a contract NY wanted to dump, he wasn't even an asset, TO is banking on Quickley becoming a two way star guard. He was in all defense convo last season, and he can score and he is not in his prime yet.
basketballto
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#87 » by basketballto » Sun May 5, 2024 3:04 am

Toronto thinks OJ at 40m and Pascal at the supermax has lower value then IQ and Quickly at 25. Now you align timelines with Scotty, add draft depth and add 3 point shooting.

Pascal, OJ and Fred is a mid core. With the right role players they could max out second record or with the wrong role players that could endup missing the playoffs. Add a star and they have a chance.
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#88 » by UcanUwill » Sun May 5, 2024 5:01 am

Jabroni Lames wrote:
And.... this is exactly the type of emotional, over-the-top pushback that you consistently get when you dare to criticize Nick Nurse, even a smidgen. Have never seen a professional sports coach who has accomplished so little, so irrationally defended as being above reproach, as Nurse. Even coaches with better resumes, like Pop, get more way more flak...i.e, greater than zero.

I never wanted to make like a litany of posts pointing out the negatives of Nurse... but the pushback from his zealots just makes you want to force them to acknowledge the reality.

Hey, I apologize I lashed on you, I hate confrontation and I am very sorry. I did not get mad that you don't like Nurse, but you misunderstand that if a person doesn't trash Nurse by default where he is not even in a conversation, doesn't mean he is Nurse zealot. You need to figure some things out yourself, because you are seeing things that arent real.

I got mad, because I didn't care, I don't care for Nurse, I didn't mention him once, almost no one did, and why I need to be qouted twice so you could tell me twice that Nurse is horrible?

I just hate trolling like that and I got upset. It seems like I am the rare one that even bothered responding, so others do not care for Nurse even more. As I will try to manage my emotional state, you can try to sort that delusional obssesion, because again, no one here seem to care about Nurse and aren't Nurse zealots.

In the last 3 years, I post every day, I mentioned Nick Nurse maybe twice? Both times recently when NY series started. One time pointing out Nurse and Thibs both use bare rotations, and second time, that maybe Nurse was a bad fit with Embiid all along, since he loves riding his starters, and Embiid maybe needed someone like Bud, who does complete opposite and use very wide rotation.

I do not really care that much where Nurse stand in pantheon of coaches, that is 76ers fans problem. Again, I am sorry, really, I feel bad I posted that, maybe I will feel bad I posted this too, I just want to point out that no one here really even cared enough to bring Nurse up that much, so relax with Nurse zealot posting, I bet you need to deal with it on Raptors board, no need to bring this here, this is not even a Nurse thread.
Vampirate
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,714

Post#89 » by Vampirate » Thu May 9, 2024 2:59 am

This thread just shows how reactionary and in the moment people are.

Today's game between the Knicks and Pacers are a good reason why we were mediocre.

OG is capable of having great games, but he's injury prone and has limited offensive upside.

Siakam is capable of going off but also can be quested like the game today.

FVV was our 2nd or 3rd best player and was an aging small guard with very limited upside.

Barnes was 21 years old

There's alot of redundancy and our half court offence was bad.

Past Barnes our quality of players dropped off a cliff.
LegendOfSalmons
Senior
And1: 1,207

Post#90 » by LegendOfSalmons » Thu May 9, 2024 3:18 am

You probably literally made that up. I haven't seen anyone say that. What I have seen is that RJ and IQ are a better fit for the team and that would be a correct observation.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,889

Post#91 » by One_and_Done » Thu May 9, 2024 4:23 am

LegendOfSalmons wrote:

You probably literally made that up. I haven't seen anyone say that. What I have seen is that RJ and IQ are a better fit for the team and that would be a correct observation.

And D.Lo would be a be a better fit for the Spurs right now than prime Shaq. I'll still take prime Shaq though.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,450

Post#92 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 9, 2024 4:37 am

One_and_Done wrote:
LegendOfSalmons wrote:

And D.Lo would be a be a better fit for the Spurs right now than prime Shaq. I'll still take prime Shaq though.

The trade was RJ and IQ for OG and Precious... no clue why Siakam is being added to this. It was a good trade for the Raptors given OG was a free agent and could have left for nothing.

The Siakam trade was a disaster simply because of the position Masai put himself in.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,889

Post#93 » by One_and_Done » Thu May 9, 2024 4:38 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
LegendOfSalmons wrote:

The trade was RJ and IQ for OG and Precious... no clue why Siakam is being added to this. It was a good trade for the Raptors given OG was a free agent and could have left for nothing.

The Siakam trade was a disaster simply because of the position Masai put himself in.

Masai put himself in a bad position for all of this.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,450

Post#94 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 9, 2024 4:41 am

One_and_Done wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:And D.Lo would be a be a better fit for the Spurs right now than prime Shaq. I'll still take prime Shaq though.

Masai put himself in a bad position for all of this.

Of course... it's why we're currently in the bad spot we're in.

Return to The General Board