Refs steal a possession from Pacers [Update]Official complaint filed for 78 Bad Calls

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,164

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#221 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 10:36 pm

picc wrote:Oh so they ignored all the moving screens that happen every possession throughout every NBA game, but called the one that decided it?

Yeah I guess that evens out. Nevermind.

As discussed a few pages back, watching live I and many others thought Turner flattened Donte but in review it was clear that it was merely Donte channeling his inner Reggie Miller. The hit that actually occurred shouldn't have been called live even though it was technically a foul. This is probably why they let Turner flatten Donte on a screen a few plays later :D
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,324

Re: Refs steal a possession from Pacers and gives it to Knicks, denies challenge in the last minute of the game 

Post#222 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 10:58 pm

Capn'O wrote:
picc wrote:Oh so they ignored all the moving screens that happen every possession throughout every NBA game, but called the one that decided it?

As discussed a few pages back, watching live I and many others thought Turner flattened Donte but in review it was clear that it was merely Donte channeling his inner Reggie Miller. The hit that actually occurred shouldn't have been called live even though it was technically a foul. This is probably why they let Turner flatten Donte on a screen a few plays later :D

There are technically fifty moving screens and forty 3-in-the-keys committed every game. The NBA noted these to draw attention away from the sequence of actual game-deciding calls that went in NY's favor.

Again, no skin in the game. At 4pm PST I won't care about any of this. But lets call it a spade.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#223 » by knicksNOTslick » Tue May 7, 2024 11:06 pm

picc wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

There are technically fifty moving screens and forty 3-in-the-keys committed every game. The NBA noted these to draw attention away from the sequence of actual game-deciding calls that went in NY's favor.

Again, no skin in the game. At 4pm PST I won't care about any of this. But lets call it a spade.

"No skin in the game" but anything that refutes what you say you'll just dismiss it like it's nothing. We already know the posters on this board are "unbiased" and have "no skin in the game." Sure, this board is full of it.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#224 » by stuporman » Tue May 7, 2024 11:13 pm

Nah, refs screwed up many different times stealing possessions, points and opportunities from both teams but it's just disingenuous people who think it went just one way and it's deluded people who think it's a conspiracy.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,324

Post#225 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 11:24 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:
picc wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

"No skin in the game" but anything that refutes what you say you'll just dismiss it like it's nothing. We already know the posters on this board are "unbiased" and have "no skin in the game." Sure, this board is full of it.

Sure. You got it.
knicksstuff
Sophomore
And1: 298

Post#226 » by knicksstuff » Tue May 7, 2024 11:31 pm

Shocking two missed calls for each team in the last two minutes but narratives
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 232

Post#227 » by yoadknux » Wed May 8, 2024 7:07 pm

have you guys watched the BBALL BREAKDOWN on it?
;ab_channel=BBALLBREAKDOWN

Hopefully we'll get more even refereeing tonight
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
danvato
Rookie
And1: 1,103

Post#228 » by danvato » Wed May 8, 2024 9:04 pm

1 - I hate the Knicks
2 - The Turner moving pick call while technically correct is ridiculous
3 - Where are you seeing clearly the ball hit his hand. I don't see it, not in the live play. I see the player reaction, but is there an actual angle that shows it.
ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 255

Post#229 » by ChumboChappati » Wed May 8, 2024 9:22 pm

Referees favoring Knicks is ok. Knicks vs Celtics will be an awesome East Final while Pacers vs Celtics will be a snoozefest. I am with Keyshawn on this.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#230 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 9:27 pm

Edrees wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:This is just the rules. You can't review a kicked ball.

Had the refs reviewed it and reversed the call, they would have gone against the rules set by the NBA, and lost their credibility (and possibly their jobs) as NBA referees.

They made the wrong call. It just so happens this one wasn't reviewable.

You want them to be reviewable? Complain to Adam Silver and wait for a rule change to be implemented.

Philly fans stirring chit by complaining about supposed preferential treatment should just be quiet after everything Embiid got away with in the previous series.

I get why some calls can't be reviewed in the regular season, but the NBA should just let you review any call in the playoffs.

DreamTeam09 wrote:you should be able to review a kick ball call, especially in the last two minutes. I'd rather get the call right and delay the game, rather than keeping the flow of a game while getting the call wrong. A wrong call impacts the game way more than any amount of time delay

You can have it both ways. The time delay I think is really for the regular season. Just keep the rule the same in the season and let ou review any play in existence in the post season. Kind of how like the NFL lets games go to a tie (in the interest of time) in regular season but in the playoffs you can't tie. Same idea.

I'd be all for that change...but I also don't mind most review delays :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#231 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 9:29 pm

picc wrote:Players are in the key more than 3 seconds literally every possession.

Players move on screens literally every possession.

Pretending this "evens out" with a ref imagining a kick ball, after imagining a foul on Haliburton the previous play, and then suddenly calling something that never gets called with 10 seconds left is laughable. If it was a 5 minute report, there are probably 20 other non-calls on both teams for the same things. Who cares?

Don't get me wrong, none of this matters in the least. The series score will not change and we won't be talking about this in a week. I couldn't give less of a **** about either the Knicks or the Pacers. But until the next few games start we have nothing else to talk about.

So, might as well laugh at Knicks fans jedi mind tricking themselves into thinking the NBA transparently trying to cover their ass by noting non-calls on things that are never called, is somehow vindication for the worst sequence of one-sided officiating we've seen in a playoff game in a very long time.

Those same refs also imagined an out of bounds on Brunson that was clearly off Nembhard's leg, we just luckily had a challenge left...and ignored a ton of contact & grabbing on Brunson that affected his movement. They established pretty clearly that they weren't very good throughout the game. How they were ever picked to ref a playoff game is astonishing.

The one I still don't understand at all is the first challenge we won. Unless they just assumed that since Turner didn't even move when Brunson's little body smashed into him, that made it marginal, but that seems like a crazy precedent to set.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#232 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 9:30 pm

picc wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Donte sold it really well and once the call is made, they couldn't overturn it because it was technically the correct call...they just should never have made it in the first place.

cgf
RealGM

Post#233 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 9:35 pm

ChumboChappati wrote:Referees favoring Knicks is ok. Knicks vs Celtics will be an awesome East Final while Pacers vs Celtics will be a snoozefest. I am with Keyshawn on this.

As a knicks fan I'm obviously rooting for us...but people underestimate these Pacers. Their season stats are hideous, but after their lineup change their defense was middle of the pack and they've got some scrappers. With how well Carlisle uses his depth advantage as a weapon with the pace they play at and how intense their on ball pressure is, they're a tough out who could take some games off the Celtics in a very fun series.

LegendOfSalmons
Senior
And1: 1,207

Post#234 » by LegendOfSalmons » Thu May 9, 2024 1:49 am

Pacers playing so erratic like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,486

Post#235 » by ___Rand___ » Thu May 9, 2024 4:39 pm

Pacers file official complaint over 78 calls and non-calls

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40111250/pacers-file-complaint-78-calls-nba-source-says

The Indiana Pacers have submitted 78 instances of incorrect or non-calls to the NBA that they felt put them at a disadvantage in Games 1 and 2 against the New York Knicks, a league source told ESPN.

Return to The General Board