Jamal Murray needs to be suspended (Update: fined $100K, no suspension)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

carlquincy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,176

Re: Jamal Murray needs to be suspended (Update: fined $100K, no suspension) 

Post#261 » by carlquincy » Wed May 8, 2024 5:39 am

Between this and Embiid disgusting leg pull, NBA has failed their players.
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,067

Post#262 » by LuDux1 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:52 am

I miss good old days then Silver was too soft by being too strict
Handlez
Junior
And1: 640

Post#263 » by Handlez » Wed May 8, 2024 9:16 am

Can't believe this went 14 pages lol.

As if it even matters he threw something onto the court.

Let the players decide the damn games.

It was a travesty when Draymond was suspended in the finals and it changed the series. (Even though LeBron incited him by walking over him) I always thought the NBA did it to extend the series because a short series hurt their bottom line.

You never suspend star players in the playoffs unless what they did was so egregious that you have to. (Like hitting a fan or something)
Airmiess
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,528

Post#264 » by Airmiess » Wed May 8, 2024 11:36 am

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Airmiess wrote:
JRoy wrote:Play stupid games win stupid prizes

That 100k is less than a game check probably.

It's less than 1/4 of a game check for Jamal Murray. He made $412,893 for every NBA regular season game.

The $100k fine is the equivalent of a Real GM poster who makes $100k being fined $295... or about the same as the worst ticket available deep in the upper deck behind the basket at Target Center on Friday for Game 3. Seriously, the cheapest ticket is $241.

I know $100k is the max according to the CBA... but it's such a joke. It's a lot of money for everyday people... it's simply not enough to be much of a deterrent or lesson for NBA players.
Basically 413k a game before taxes... Lord.

Just fine them the full thing and give it to charity.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,963

Post#265 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 8, 2024 1:41 pm

Handlez wrote:Can't believe this went 14 pages lol.

It was a travesty when Draymond was suspended in the finals and it changed the series. (Even though LeBron incited him by walking over him) I always thought the NBA did it to extend the series because a short series hurt their bottom line.

You never suspend star players in the playoffs unless what they did was so egregious that you have to. (Like hitting a fan or something)

I think Murray pretty clearly was trying to decide the game....by getting himself suspended.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 813

Post#266 » by Ito » Wed May 8, 2024 6:01 pm

Maybe not suspended but ejected and fined makes sense at first I thought he should have been suspended but he didn’t even get ejected when it happened
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,530

Post#267 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed May 8, 2024 6:39 pm

Maybe. But as a guy who was rooting hard for the 2007 Phoenix Suns... I'm still bitter.

If a silly suspension ruined that run... I want to take every other player/team down with it (especially when the acts are more egregious).
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,393

Post#268 » by Scalabrine » Wed May 8, 2024 7:55 pm

Ito wrote:Maybe not suspended but ejected and fined makes sense at first I thought he should have been suspended but he didn’t even get ejected when it happened

He should have been ejected. I agree. The fact that it didn't even get a tech? It's really hard to comprehend.
Go Knicks!
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,997

Post#269 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 8:33 pm

I am sorry but Jamal comes off as an **** to reporters when they asked him about the fine. Like they did something wrong for asking questions. If you don’t like “non” basketball questions maybe you shouldn’t throw **** on the court. Own up and answer as many questions as they give you. To cop an attitude because they are asking questions about your actions is complete bs.

Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,276

Post#270 » by Edrees » Wed May 8, 2024 9:24 pm

Wolves bench should throw something at Jokic's feet next game. A 100K fine is a small price to pay to a secure series advancement.(and possibly secure seeding above denver next year as well)

Let the players decide it? So if Gobert tries to purposely injure Jokic next game, but Jokic avoids the injury, would you say leave them both in the game (no ejection for Gobert) so the players can decide the outcome?

Handlez wrote:You never suspend star players in the playoffs unless what they did was so egregious that you have to. (Like hitting a fan or something)

And what if I feel that this is a situation "in which you have to" because this is as bad as "hitting a fan".

Scalabrine wrote:
Ito wrote:Maybe not suspended but ejected and fined makes sense at first I thought he should have been suspended but he didn’t even get ejected when it happened

He should have been ejected. I agree. The fact that it didn't even get a tech? It's really hard to comprehend.

As far as I'm concerned, this invalidates any complaint Nuggets have about Jokic's officiating. The refs let Jamal play a playoff game where there should have been a clear suspension kind of invalidates the idea that the league is out to get them. SO many players would get suspended for this
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#271 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 8, 2024 9:28 pm

AleksandarN wrote:I am sorry but Jamal comes off as an **** to reporters when they asked him about the fine. Like they did something wrong for asking questions. If you don’t like “non” basketball questions maybe you shouldn’t throw **** on the court. Own up and answer as many questions as they give you. To cop an attitude because they are asking questions about your actions is complete bs.

Like a simple "I lost my cool, but I thought the fine was fair but I think the league understands I don't have a history of this stuff and an isolated incident. Its mutually understood it won't happen again and we are moving on." is all you really have to say on a question you KNOW you will be asked about.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,445

Post#272 » by Dubnation » Wed May 8, 2024 9:41 pm

Airmiess wrote:
JRoy wrote:Play stupid games win stupid prizes

That 100k is less than a game check probably.

Actually less than a quarter of a game

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,445

Post#273 » by Dubnation » Wed May 8, 2024 9:44 pm

The infamous teabag maneuver has gone down in history. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,288

Post#274 » by shrink » Wed May 8, 2024 10:22 pm

I expect some more dirty plays.

If you don’t get suspended for literally doing things that can injure a player, and you have no remorse, this could be a dangerous.
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#275 » by ryguy613 » Thu May 9, 2024 2:09 am

AleksandarN wrote:I am sorry but Jamal comes off as an **** to reporters when they asked him about the fine. Like they did something wrong for asking questions. If you don’t like “non” basketball questions maybe you shouldn’t throw **** on the court. Own up and answer as many questions as they give you. To cop an attitude because they are asking questions about your actions is complete bs.

this is really just wrong... im sorry, i dont mean to be overdramatic about this but this dude should not be on the court for game 3, let alone giving an interview leading up to the game where he has an attitude about reporters doing their jobs, having the AUDACITY to ask him about his own actions. The nba really screwed up here. Theyre giving Jamal preferential treatment, specifically because they dont want this series to end before its begun... and thats simply not how they should dictate punishments. Trust me, i DONT want to see this be a short series. i DONT want to see the best players miss games in this series. Hell, i dont even have a dog in the fight between who wins or loses the series. Thats not the point. Murray is responsible for his own actions, and his actions warrant a suspension... its bull that hes sitting there acting like this heading into a game he doesnt even have a right to be playing in. just pisses me off...
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,539

Post#276 » by Hoop Hunter » Thu May 9, 2024 2:49 am

It's bull that he didn't get a game off. Complete bull.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 204

Re: Jamal Murray needs to be suspended 

Post#277 » by puja21 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:58 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ryguy613 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
I enjoy entertainment and drama but c'mon guys let's be honest we all know it's not real....

But I guess I won't try convincing anybody because it's the same issue... Convincing all the wrestling fans smh

Enjoy the playoffs "series" lmao

Definition: a set of related television or radio programs, especially of a specified kind.
"a new drama series"

lol, why do you root for a specific team if you believe this is all scripted? i dont get it man.

I only root for a dramatic script that people don't want to happen aka LeBron winning rings.

It's like rooting for the Villain "Thanos/LeBron" to defeat the Good guy superheros "Avengers" OKC/Nuggets etc

These are all actors that get paid like actors, I will admit LeBron himself is one himself.

They are all in commercials aka actors sigh but yeah
Whatever enjoy the show everyone!!!!

P.S: Only reason I invest my time in this is because I'm a actual basketball player that enjoys the actual game craft

(Assuming this is not trolling)

How do you rationalize all the actions that don't align with scripted?

e.g.
if it's for drama/money, then why would the league allow things like this:

Seven different series to end in either 5 games or a sweep during 2023 playoffs.

More than 40(!) games decided by >10 points versus just 13 games decided by <5 points during 2023 playoffs.

So many opportunities to tweak the outcome but only 4 of 84 games go to overtime?

4 of the 30 teams are responsible for 70% of all titles this century and a bunch of those came from one of the smallest markets (Spurs)

Draft lottery is supposedly fixed and the league chooses to put Zion in New Orleans (7th best odds) and Morant in Memphis (8th best odds) instead of putting either in Gotham (Knicks #1 odds) ?

Seems like they aren't very good at creating drama.

Return to The General Board