Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who should have gone #1?

Chet
49%
Paolo
41%
Jalen W
7%
Sharpe
1%
Keegan
1%
Sochan
2%
Other
1%

Total votes: 152

DrModesty
Senior
And1: 530

Re: Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10? 

Post#141 » by DrModesty » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:21 am

One_and_Done wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:Jaylen Brown is maybe, maybe not a 2nd team all-NBA? Gimme a break, he's not even close to the 3rd team.

He'll likely make an all-nba team. Wiliams isn't even in discussion as a mere all-star.

I don't think Jaylen Brown would have made the All Star game if he was in the west.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,888

Post#142 » by One_and_Done » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:45 am

DrModesty wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:Jaylen Brown is maybe, maybe not a 2nd team all-NBA? Gimme a break, he's not even close to the 3rd team.

He'll likely make an all-nba team. Wiliams isn't even in discussion as a mere all-star.

I don't think Jaylen Brown would have made the All Star game if he was in the west.

Bro, Karl Towns made it.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
DrModesty
Senior

Post#143 » by DrModesty » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:55 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
DrModesty wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:He'll likely make an all-nba team. Wiliams isn't even in discussion as a mere all-star.

Bro, Karl Towns made it.

You mean the more efficient scoring, better shooting, better rebounding player on a team with the best defense in the league.

KAT would have made it over Brown.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#144 » by One_and_Done » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:21 pm

Jaylen Brown is better than Towns. Gobert should have made it over Towns too.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#145 » by msmoore66 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:55 pm

Mad Guru wrote:Paolo just scored 36 on 75% shooting

He only scored 36 on 75%?! What a waste, should have made the most of the 75% and scored 66.

Edit: I would also like to point out he didn't win MVP, pfffffft.
ValvPiti
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#146 » by ValvPiti » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:37 pm

One_and_Done wrote:Jaylen Brown is better than Towns. Gobert should have made it over Towns too.

Towns was the only player in the West which I feel was in question. You can argue lots of players instead of Towns in the Western Conference over him, and if Jaylen was available, he definitely wouldn't be one of those guys I'd consider. I just don't think he's that good, but maybe Im wrong.

Lets wait and see in the playoffs..
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by One_and_Done » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:40 pm

His resume says he is more an all-nba guy than an all-star.
MMyhre
Suspended
And1: 611

Post#148 » by MMyhre » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:20 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Jaylen Brown is really freaking good, despite his limitations. You're holding Jalen to an unrealistic standard.

Jalen Williams is ALREADY better than Jaylen Brown IMO.

You say he's best in this class? Cool.

You say he's better than a guy who has a 27-7-3 season, 58 TS%, hits 3s at high volume, and is a great defensive player? Slow down there. Jaylen is a perennial all-star, and all-nba 2nd teamer, and was best player on the Celtics in their finals loss to the Warriors.

I like Jalen, I've said he's been more impactful than Chet on other threads, but "better than Jaylen Brown already" he is not.

Jaylen Brown is 6th on the Celtics in win shares. Sixth. Jalen Williams has more potential in his left nutsack than Brown has. He will be better, if not now, soon.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by One_and_Done » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:27 pm

Win shares aren't everything.
MMyhre
Suspended

Post#150 » by MMyhre » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:32 pm

One_and_Done wrote:

No way in hell Brown makes all nba this year. Then its beyond **** voting with all the talent around.
15 spots - Jokic, AD, SGA, Tatum, Durant, Doncic, Booker, Mitchell, Brunson, Sabonis, Edwards, Haliburton, Giannis, Kawhi, Harden all clear him EASILY. I would also take Curry, LeBron, Sengun, Chet, Lauri, Irving, Gobert over him personally. And there is probably going to be a case for others (Wemby, J-Will) depending on form shifts as well, maybe even two on HIS OWN TEAM?! So sad that they give All Stars on name recognition and not rewarding winning impact on basketball games.
MMyhre
Suspended

Post#151 » by MMyhre » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:34 pm

One_and_Done wrote:Win shares aren't everything.

I can go on every advanced stat and it will say the same = Jaylen Brown is not that good. Like not even close to All Star level with all the NBA talent currently playing. I would be livid if this guy got an All NBA this year, it would be horrible.
The raw stats are not very good either.
DrModesty
Senior

Post#152 » by DrModesty » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:55 pm

Jaylen Brown is a player who I have felt has sort of fallen in to all nba teams. Consistently there have been multiple better wings injured out of contention. And then a bunch of other guys on his level (Siakam, Markkanen, Ingram, DeRozan) who have been asked to be first options with poor supporting casts and so Brown has been chosen ahead of them based on team success.

On the other hand Jaylen isn't asked to be the first option, is rarely guarded by the primary defender, isn't given major playmaking duties, isn't asked to guard the best player and still gets fed plenty of usage. It is about as comfortable an NBA existence as you can have.

I am generally not pro Kat and would have had Sabonis, Fox, Markkanen and Gobert ahead of him off the top of my head. I would have all these guys ahead of Brown this year.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach

Post#153 » by One_and_Done » Fri May 10, 2024 8:49 am

DrModesty wrote:Jaylen Brown is a player who I have felt has sort of fallen in to all nba teams. Consistently there have been multiple better wings injured out of contention. And then a bunch of other guys on his level (Siakam, Markkanen, Ingram, DeRozan) who have been asked to be first options with poor supporting casts and so Brown has been chosen ahead of them based on team success.

On the other hand Jaylen isn't asked to be the first option, is rarely guarded by the primary defender, isn't given major playmaking duties, isn't asked to guard the best player and still gets fed plenty of usage. It is about as comfortable an NBA existence as you can have.

I am generally not pro Kat and would have had Sabonis, Fox, Markkanen and Gobert ahead of him off the top of my head. I would have all these guys ahead of Brown this year.

No, Jaylen is a legitimate all-nba guy.

Return to The General Board